Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2014, 10:58   #2611
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Has anyone bought stuff from Cart2india?
They have many things that aren't available on any other website. Are they reliable?
I have bought a RC Car from them, a month ago and they delivered it promptly within 10 days as promised.
Old 14th December 2014, 11:07   #2612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How would you guys rate Snapdeal for big ticket purchases (>50k) ? I have used them in the past, but, for inconsequential amounts (<1k).

Looking to buy a laptop. Seller in question 'seems' 5.0 star rated.
I bought a 22k worth head unit from a snap deal seller. It was delivered in 3 days flat. YMMV.
Old 14th December 2014, 21:27   #2613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The only vendor from whom I buy computers, accessories and components is my office supplier. I am guaranteed not to be shafted because he gets several lakhs worth of order from my company in a year which he absolutely wouldn't want to jeopardize. And the discounts are very competitive too. :-) Uncommon items he goes out of his way to source for me.
Lol! Unfortunately, didn't have that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I bought a 22k worth head unit from a snap deal seller. It was delivered in 3 days flat. YMMV.
Turned out good for me as well. Ordered on 10th, got it on 14th.
Old 14th December 2014, 21:38   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Amazon story: Ordered the Nexus 9 on Dec 12. Picked two business days guaranteed delivery (Dec 15) for Rs. 49, as it was certain that I wouldn't be at home on Dec 13 to receive the package (next day delivery at Rs. 99).

Saturday evening at around 8:45 PM - I am enjoying the antics of penguins with my kids - I get a call from the courier fellow that he's at my door ringing the bell. Told him tough luck. So he delivered it around noon today (Dec 14, a Sunday). Impressed.

The tablet is a great buy too.

Next time will try their self pick-up option. The nearest location from my home is an obscure medical store in Bellandur, so didn't want to risk it this time with a high-priced item.
Old 15th December 2014, 10:36   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Bought a book from Amazon on Friday afternoon. Got it delivered to me on Sunday evening.

Was initially stated to come only on Tuesday (16/12). Very well packaged as well.

First purchase in Amazon.in site and it has left a great impression of them on me.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:35   #2616
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart seems to be facing issues as of 11:30 am - clicking any link on the homepage results in an error "Ooops! Something went wrong. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

Order history is available, but clicking on any product within it results in the same error.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:56   #2617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Flipkart seems to be facing issues as of 11:30 am
Seems ok now. While we are on this topic, I really hate those side ads FK has started putting up. In fact there is a general spike in ads on FK these days.

---

Any recommendations for a good bluetooth mouse?
Old 15th December 2014, 12:12   #2618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seems ok now.
Yep, I tried around 12 and it was fine (occasional errors popped up, but a page refresh corrected those). Thank you.

Quote:
I've had mixed success with Bluetooth mice - in terms of less-than-perfect connection quality resulting in jerky mouse movement and occasional erratic behaviour.

So, I've switched over to using wireless mice that come with a tiny receiver that plugs into a USB port.

For example, the Dell WM123 wireless mouse. I'm using an older version of this mouse which is no longer available (the WM112) and am perfectly happy. Note that Compuindia is Dell's official online sales partner in India.
Old 15th December 2014, 12:30   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I've had mixed success with Bluetooth mice - in terms of less-than-perfect connection quality resulting in jerky mouse movement and occasional erratic behaviour.
So, I've switched over to using wireless mice that come with a tiny receiver that plugs into a USB port.
Bluetooth mouse is history now. Move on to Wireless mouse.
Like Arun said, it comes with a tiny receiver (size of a finger nail).
Just plug it into one of the hard to access, never used USB ports and forget. The mouse would need a single AA battery. That's it.

I am using a HP designer one (gifted by wifey) for about 3 years now. Battery changed once. Costed about 1000 bucks back then.
Things are cheaper now. Like Arun pointed out the Dell at just 700 bucks. Go for it.
Old 15th December 2014, 13:30   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

A couple of noob enquiries.

I need to have a mobile charger for my Punto, would prefer with min two USB slots for charging. Also would like to know which is the best mobile holder for my Asus Zenfone 5? Since the dashboard in Punto in a bit curvy, what's the best location to install one? Any recommendations for the products and sites to buy them.
Old 15th December 2014, 13:37   #2621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I need to have a mobile charger for my Punto, would prefer with min two USB slots for charging.
I use a Nokia dual-USB charger that cost 600/-. However, note that only one of the cables is micro-USB, the other is a proprietary Nokia jack used for charging older Nokias (and is effectively useless). I like this coiled micro-USB cable, since it compresses away quite nicely when not in use. I had a few spare USB to micro-USB cables, so I use one of those for the 2nd port.

There are other brands like Capdase and Belkin that also offer dual-USB chargers at different price points.

Quote:
Also would like to know which is the best mobile holder for my Asus Zenfone 5? Since the dashboard in Punto in a bit curvy, what's the best location to install one?
In brief, common options are to either stick a holder to the dash (you need a roughly flat surface for this), or use a vacuum cup to affix it to the windshield. What is your preferred location? I've also seen a funky holder used by a friend - that fits into the AC vents, and has flexible arms to fit around a phone - it looks like a spider!

Last edited by arunphilip : 15th December 2014 at 13:49. Reason: Tidied up formatting, added URL
Old 15th December 2014, 13:38   #2622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Experts,

I need to have a mobile charger for my Punto, would prefer with min two USB slots for charging. Also would like to know which is the best mobile holder for my Asus Zenfone 5? Since the dashboard in Punto in a bit curvy, what's the best location to install one? Any recommendations for the products and sites to buy them.
Belkin and Capdase have some dual-USB options, beware of fakes on online portals though.

As for the holder, I won't recommend anything dashboard mounted (even if the product claims to work on such surfaces). Glass is the best surface for vacuum-cup type holders to get a good grip.

I personally use the Capdase Racer (model# HR00-CA01) and it's good. Held up through some prolonged driving in bad roads through MH recently without losing suction lock.

Quote:

I've also seen a funky holder used by a friend - that fits into the AC vents, and has flexible arms to fit around a phone - it looks like a spider!
I have one and would suffice to say I won't subject my phone to this 'contraption', EVER! Besides novelty value, the spider mount is impractical for day-to-day use, and most cars have fragile A/C vents anyway so not worth the risk.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th December 2014 at 13:42.
Old 15th December 2014, 14:27   #2623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

For example, the Dell WM123 wireless mouse. I'm using an older version of this mouse which is no longer available (the WM112) and am perfectly happy. Note that Compuindia is Dell's official online sales partner in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Bluetooth mouse is history now. Move on to Wireless mouse.
Like Arun said, it comes with a tiny receiver (size of a finger nail).
Just plug it into one of the hard to access, never used USB ports and forget. The mouse would need a single AA battery. That's it.

I am using a HP designer one (gifted by wifey) for about 3 years now. Battery changed once. Costed about 1000 bucks back then.
Things are cheaper now. Like Arun pointed out the Dell at just 700 bucks. Go for it.
I do use the wireless ones. In fact 2 of them. A rather old Logitech model that has a receiver which I often mistake as my pen drive!

The other one, a slim one with 2 AAA batteries and those miniature USB thingies. Power consumption seems rather absurd for it, runs out of juice every few weeks.

Combined with the above experiences and the scarcity of USB ports on the Macbook Air, I was thinking about getting a rechargeable BT mouse. But seeing your posts, I think, I should invest in a AAA charger instead and use my existing mouse.
Old 15th December 2014, 14:34   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The other one, a slim one with 2 AAA batteries and those miniature USB thingies. Power consumption seems rather absurd for it, runs out of juice every few weeks.
Here is an interesting catch. The HP that I use, has an On / Off switch beneath the mouse. So whenever I am not using the mouse (mostly at night or when I am travelling or sleeping), I switch it off. One AA battery lasted for about 1 year.
So you may try and get a similar model with on/off switch to conserve battery.
Old 15th December 2014, 14:35   #2625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I have one and would suffice to say I won't subject my phone to this 'contraption', EVER! Besides novelty value, the spider mount is impractical for day-to-day use, and most cars have fragile A/C vents anyway so not worth the risk.
True but it has withstood my son who has over 1+ year tried to grab and wrestle with it. Only last month I gave up and got a new holder. But if you don't have a kid who plays with it, then it works just fine IMHO.
(I have a 2008 swift vdi)
Quote:
Experts,

Spider holder was posted on another thread earlier - just search

charger? http://www.amazon.in/product-reviews/B001JC4IAG/ is what I have. Its a bit loose but charges just fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks