Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 15:37   #2491
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I think its time for me to bid farewell to ebay india forever, there exchange/refund policies are extremely bad. Ordered some stuff from ebay which arrived 10 days later and was found broken, sent an image to them to open guarantee claim and received a call later that they will send a coupon of 110% amount within 10 days.

Now its well over 10 days and i have not received the coupon, they have done this before as well and this is the second time. Seems its a regular story with ebay india, customer support is poor as well with a wait time of 50 mins for chat.

In comparison, had ordered a router from amazon india during diwali, paid for 1 day shipping and got the product as promised, excellent service by amazon india.
Old 13th November 2014, 13:07   #2492
BHPian

Deal alert :
---------------
Iphone6, 64 GB and iphone 6 plus 16 gb is available on groupon for 59,999 Rs.

http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/shopp...46727?ref=home
Old 14th November 2014, 14:42   #2493
BHPian

Pathetic experience with www.fitnessworld.in

Folks,

Please avoid shopping fitness products from www.fitnessworld.in, at any cost.

I made an order for 40 kg weights last month, and was promptly emailed an order confirmation and Bluedart tracking id. The tracking ID never existed and my numerous emails and calls to the vendor, were never answered.

I have written a complaint with my bank for credit reversal and was given an ACK of investigation.

Writing to let fellow TBHPians know of the scam called www.fitnessworld.in
Old 15th November 2014, 12:20   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience on E BAy two times in a row.

Product Bought:
1) Blank DVDs

http://www.ebay.in/itm/15-Pieces-Son...item1e950f56ed

15 Sony Blank DVDs.
What I get: 9 Sony DVDs and 6 Moser Baer DVDs.

Tried to burn 02 of the Moser Baers and got the error message.
Seems like a bad purchase and fooling customers will not take E bay the distance!!

2) Samsung Car Charger:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Original-Sams...item3f3fd63970

Applied the 10% discount code.

On check out, paid once through ICICI Debit Card. Amount debitted. Get the error page on check out that the amount has not been credited to the beneficiary.

Tried again with Kotak Net banking to same result. Amount debitted from account and yet E bay fails to receive the same.

End Result:
Amazon.in and the item has been placed for order. To receive by 18th Nov.

E bay woes continues!!
Old 15th November 2014, 12:28   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
That's exactly what's holding me back. The only temptation is the price. Its almost half than what we get for here.

Still haven't ordered though!
Any update Param?

Have you gone through with the purchase.
Do let me know as I am also in the look out for the 2TB HD and the Ali Express prices are very tempting indeed.

How are Samsung HDs BTW?
Old 15th November 2014, 18:48   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

Any update Param?

How are Samsung HDs BTW?
Yes, I finally did give in to the temptation!

Bought at 23:50 Pacific time, just 10 mins before the end of 11-11 sale.

Bought the 2TB M3 version. Was advertised at $56, and after adding all discounts, the final checkout price was $49.

Just received an email yesterday that the product has been shipped.

So far so good, let's see what happens next.

I have used a 500 GB Samsung previously, and my experience was good.

While I understand it's a gamble, I am prepared to take the risk. Let's see how it ends.

Just an fyi, HDFC charged me 3020.79/-
Old 15th November 2014, 19:03   #2497
Senior - BHPian

I saw that deal too. Was tempted but didn't buy. Let us know hows your experience Param. I guess you had opted for normal free shipping so will be a lot of time till it reaches you.
Old 15th November 2014, 19:08   #2498
Senior - BHPian

I have generally had good experiences with online shopping. However I got a rude shock when I decided to order an AV reciever through Snapdeal. The reciever was delivered yesterday however when I tried to switch it on, It doesn't power on. I raised a complaint and demanded that the reciever be replaced under trust pay. However, their terms do have a lot of ambiguity. It is not very clear on what is applicable because at one place they do mention that brand's policies for repair/replacement will be applicable and binding, and at the same time it is also mentioned that in case a defective item is supplied, it will be refunded/replaced as per the customer request.

I have been asked to get it repaired under warranty, which I am not too keen on. Why should I, when the product was defective on arrival and they should replace it.

Dont know if it will happen though. I have however learnt a lesson now. It is better to head to your neighborhood store for buying electronics, atleast you can get them tested before you get them home.
Old 15th November 2014, 21:05   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
End Result:
Amazon.in and the item has been placed for order. To receive by 18th Nov.

E bay woes continues!!
I'v bought blank DVDs from eBay about a year back or whereabouts. Brand was Taio Yuden as far as I can recall. The seller was very well rated (IIRC it was IT Wares or IT factory or something similar). The few discs that I'v used till date all were good. BTW, Taio is/was supposed to be the best media in the available when I last checked. See if you can get the the same.

eBay.in is a hit or miss job. Complaint resolution is same. I guess it depends on the agent handling it. I'v had good deals, and they have often pissed me off too.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th November 2014 at 10:17. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 15th November 2014, 22:43   #2500
Senior - BHPian

I am a self confessed online shop-a-holic. Mostly I buy stuff from ebay.in & flipkart.com.
I have also bought from ebay.com - both tracked and non tracked.
I buy a lot of DIY items and quite a few are not available on ebay.in - thus have to get them from ebay.com (mostly from UK / China).
In general, I have seen that even regular non tracked items from UK via royal mail are delivered faster than tracked/non tracked items from hongkong/china.
I also try to find items that have free international shipping (most are non trackable).
Few times I had to request refund from ebay.in (item out of stock / not functioning correctly). Every time I contacted the seller before contacting ebay, and received refund without issues.
General thumb rule of ebay is to only buy from sellers that have more than 99% ratings.

Regarding west Bengal form 50/50A:

Any item (with few exceptions) being brought into west bengal requires a waybill (form 50/50A) which is only available after clearing 1% entry tax and VAT (for resellers). You do not need the same for personal consumption items which you do not intend to resell. Just a declaration is sufficient. However, border checkposts knowingly or unknowingly sometimes stop entire consignments due to 1 item not having form 50, so many ebay sellers do not want to ship to west Bengal.
I recently went through the entire process (online and in person application) and shall be able to help anyone from Bengal/other states who requires a form 50 for shipping in out of state items if the courier/seller insists on the same.
Old 16th November 2014, 16:35   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully nobody here has shopped on www.bigsop.com. Looks like a repeat of the timtara episode:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ce-busted.html
Old 16th November 2014, 21:44   #2502
BHPian

At a store in Jayanagar, thought of sharing!!

The Online Shopping Thread-imag1193.jpg
Old 17th November 2014, 01:09   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
At a store in Jayanagar, thought of sharing!!

Attachment 1309212
LOL, whom they are kidding? Let's see it from a buyer's POV (Ok, it's my personal POV, but hey, I am a buyer )

Total Product Info : I don't the that the retail stores has more information than what's available online. There have been so many times that I would go to a retail store to see a product only to find out more info online.
Touch,feel,choose : Retail B&M (brick & mortar) stores win here. But nowadays it's touch, feel and then choose/buy online .
Pre-sales demonstration : Not sure how necessary that actually is for most of the products. I would like to discover stuffs myself.
Instant home installation : If it's for TV/electronic items I would do it myself anyway. For specific installation which needs expert hands (electric chimney/water purifier etc) would need call for help. But won't most of the companies provide such service even if one buys it online?
Immediate Home Delivery: I had my share of woes from retailers making all kinds of excuses to delay the deliveries. And nowadays many online store offer same day or next day delivery.
Total post sales support : If you buy items under warranty you'll get support. Otherwise not, be it online or retail.
Vendor support : Yeah, all they would do is to tell you take it to the authorized service center yourself.
Different payment modes : What exactly is the difference on the paying modes? Cash, card, EMI, they all are available for both most of the time.
100% genuine product : With online one needs to be careful from whom he/she is buying. With a reputed retailer that risk is normally much lesser.
Exchange offers : Retail wins here. But again, online can indirectly win if you sell your old item yourself online.
Varieties/different brand : Seriously, how can retail say that they have more options? It's always online stores which have more options.
Buying from trusted store : Trusted online store would work the same way. Atleast it has been working till now.
Shop owner known for decades : Well, if he is nice and gives good discounts then why not. But similarly I buy from Amazon without worries.
Customized packaging : No comments. Have my share of woes and enjoyment from both..
Authentic guaranteed item : Same thoughts as 100% genuine product
Genuine acc : Same thought as above..
Live comparison : B&M wins
Personalized interaction : B&M stores win again here but here too one can find people who are not very helpful..

Regards,
Old 17th November 2014, 07:39   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
LOL, whom they are kidding?
Well, that comparison is done by stainless steel vendors and quite true. Doesn't hold good for books & clothes.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:05   #2505
Senior - BHPian

I made a purchase on flipkart in the first week of Oct. They had an extra 5% cashback offer on Visa Debit Cards, which was applicable to my purchase.

The flipkart bill mentioned that this 5% cashback would refunded via debit card by 15th Nov.

I have still not received the promised cashback. The flipkart customer care was not helpful in sorting out this problem and has asked me to wait for another week.

Is this the way these cashback schemes normally work ?

How to escalate the complaint in flipkart ?

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks