Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 14:56   #2626
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I ordered a pair of T10 led parking bulbs from Rediff Shopping and found only one led bulb , the other has been taken out from the bubble pack .
registered a complaint no calls no email nothing .
Old 15th December 2014, 15:57   #2627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
But seeing your posts, I think, I should invest in a AAA charger instead and use my existing mouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The HP that I use, has an On / Off switch beneath the mouse.
Soumyajit9 makes a good point:
  • The Dell WM112 that I use has an on/off switch that I use to switch off the mouse when leaving the office. In the office, it stays on for the full 9-10 hours. Battery life is a couple of months, effortlessly, using a single AA Duracell.
  • The Dell WM123 that I recommended comes with an automatic power saving feature that switches itself off after 10 minutes of inactivity (in addition to a manual on/off switch). So that should also help boost battery life.

Last edited by arunphilip : 15th December 2014 at 15:59.
Old 15th December 2014, 16:16   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The HP that I use, has an On / Off switch beneath the mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Dell WM123 that I recommended comes with an automatic power saving feature that switches itself off after 10 minutes of inactivity (in addition to a manual on/off switch). So that should also help boost battery life.
Yes, mine too has both of these - on/off switch and a auto power off when not in use. I have to click to wake it up. But nothing seems to help. Never got more than a few weeks of life. Maybe it's a faulty piece.
Old 15th December 2014, 16:18   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I need to have a mobile charger for my Punto, would prefer with min two USB slots for charging..
I use Capdase Revo G dual USB charger that has a head that can swivel so that your gear may not touch that. But it really belts out 1 A without breaking into a sweat. I use that to charge iPad as well as a mobile.
Old 15th December 2014, 23:04   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Yes, I finally did give in to the temptation!
Bought at 23:50 Pacific time, just 10 mins before the end of 11-11 sale.
Bought the 2TB M3 version. Was advertised at $56, and after adding all discounts, the final checkout price was $49.
Just received an email yesterday that the product has been shipped.
So far so good, let's see what happens next.
While I understand it's a gamble, I am prepared to take the risk. Let's see how it ends.
Just an fyi, HDFC charged me 3020.79/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I saw that deal too. Was tempted but didn't buy. Let us know hows your experience Param. I guess you had opted for normal free shipping so will be a lot of time till it reaches you.
Hi, wanted to share an update on the External HDD ordered on 11/11 this year - it's going to be a bit long, kindly bear with me!

Received an email with the following text on Dec 5 -

Your order XXXXXX has been frozen due to suspicious seller activity

Dear XXX,
You order is currently frozen, due to the sellers suspicious trading activities.
We have suspended this seller’s account because we have detected unsafe trading activities. We have therefore requested the seller to provide sufficient evidence, such as shipping documents and certificates which they must provide within 3 business days (not calendar days).
If the seller fails to provide any evidence within 3 business days, we will issue you with a full refund. In the event the seller does provide evidence, it could take about 15 business days for the case to be resolved.

We apologize for this inconvenience. At AliExpress, we are committed and always taking steps in improving our customers shopping experience and to the protection of both the buyer’s and seller’s interests.
Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade Security Department
2014.12.04 18:27

Received one more email on Dec 10 -

Your order XXXXXX has been closed

Dear XXX,
Your Order No:XXXXXX has been closed because the supplier did not provide necessary evidence. The payment will be refunded to you within 7-10 working days.
AliExpress strives to continuously improve our trading environment. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade Security Department
2014.12.09 18:29

Well, out of no where, I received the parcel today, and I will let the pictures to the talking -

The Packaging

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2379.jpg

The case

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2380.jpg

The Product; a 2 TB External HDD

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2381.jpg

A close look at the product

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2382.jpg

The port on the HDD

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2384.jpg

The USB Charging cable

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2388.jpg

A Quick Start Guide as well

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2393.jpg

In action

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2394.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2397.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-imag2398.jpg

In between all of this, 2 of wifey's orders on Ali Express were delivered successfully as well, last week.

Till date we have placed more than 8 orders on Ali Express, and all of them have been delivered successfully, and most importantly - AS ADVERTISED.

Check the Seller's rating to begin with - check the customer reviews - and 45 days for the order to get delivered!

I have also seen that the moment you "Open a dispute", the seller responds in no time.

All in all, the gamble paid off!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 15th December 2014 at 23:16.
Old 16th December 2014, 00:17   #2631
BHPian

Hi all wanted to share something that happened with amazon India on the last day of gosf 2014. The order was listed in lightening deals. Am not sure whether it was a goof up or amazon copying FK style site promotion.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1418668997269.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-1418669037892.jpg  

Old 16th December 2014, 07:58   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi all wanted to share something that happened with amazon India on the last day of gosf 2014. The order was listed in lightening deals. Am not sure whether it was a goof up or amazon copying FK style site promotion.
That is the decent, dignified way of dealing with the issue. Not the Flipkart way, which I detailed here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11292...83614403685681

(use the Slideshow feature).
Old 16th December 2014, 11:53   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Your order XXXXXX has been closed

[/ATTACH]

Attachment 1318926

In between all of this, 2 of wifey's orders on Ali Express were delivered successfully as well, last week.

Till date we have placed more than 8 orders on Ali Express, and all of them have been delivered successfully, and most importantly - AS ADVERTISED.

All in all, the gamble paid off!
If the product is as advertised (USB 3.0), then you should be getting >70MB/s speed and not 20-25 as shown. Perhaps you have connected the device to a USB 2.0 port.
Old 16th December 2014, 12:02   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post

If the product is as advertised (USB 3.0), then you should be getting >70MB/s speed and not 20-25 as shown. Perhaps you have connected the device to a USB 2.0 port.
Yes, it's connected to a 2.0 port since the 2 3.0 ports are at the rear end of the cabinet.

Just wanted to check whether the product was in a working condition, so connected it to one of the front facing USB 2.0 ports.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:02   #2635
BHPian

Landed up some nice deals during the recent "App only" deals at flipkart. A Nikon lens, a Samsonite backpack, a memory card, a pair of MI pistons etc. Everything arrived in 3 days counting Sunday as well. Flipkart is growing on me.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:14   #2636
BHPian

Slightly OT, did anyone get credited with a cash back (from HDFC bank) for the shopping done on Amazon.in during the Diwali Dhamaka (Oct second week)?
Old 16th December 2014, 16:51   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Slightly OT, did anyone get credited with a cash back (from HDFC bank) for the shopping done on Amazon.in during the Diwali Dhamaka (Oct second week)?
I haven't received the CB yet. Expecting it by Dec end. Total of 3k awaited. More importantly, my biggest purchase was on 11-11 which again had a 10% CB.
Old 16th December 2014, 17:27   #2638
BHPian

During gosf 2014, i purchased a set of FLY car mobile holder from jazzmyride.com. Received the items yesterday in a bubble pack. The items are new and unused and the quality is great. I have already fixed one on my car. The vacuum section attached to the windscreen, the connecting rod and the mobile holder, all are made of good quality plastic and the joints are very solid. There is also a aircon vent attachment for the holder.
Lets see how long they last.
Old 16th December 2014, 18:12   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Not Yet.

Does anybody have any idea how to get the terms & conditions of Shopping Deals after the deal is over. Case in Point is the above issue. I tried with Amazon to send me the details unsuccessfully.

Now, I've become smart and saving the deals and terms & conditions, If you're participating. For example Gift Cards are issued after certain period to complete the Return Policy.
Old 16th December 2014, 18:32   #2640
Distinguished - BHPian

In a rather random incident I ordered Live plants for the aquarium from ebay.com which was in Malaysia. Since the price of $4 was quite a small amount I took the risk and ordered on December 3. Though their tracking number and shipping information was incorrect I received this today:

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141216_15_39_03_pro.jpg

Immediately opened it since I was curious to know the state of the plants and I found them quite fresh and alive as promised.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141216_15_39_16_pro.jpg

The seller had good ratings and had promised replacement in case the plants were dead on arrival. The best part of it was my security guard is fed up of receiving parcels and this one was with customs sticker and I told him it was from Malaysia. When I opened it in front of him his expression was priceless when he saw a bunch of algae like thing And he went on to ask me "So you order this from some other country?"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks