Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 16:13   #2671
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Another pleasant online shopping experience

Ordered an item each from Amazon and Flipkart. Flipkart order was on Thursday and Amazon order was on Tuesday.

Received both items today. Flipkart even sent out an SMS saying that X person received the package. Awesome service.

Amazon was a little delayed compared to Flipkart but they came ahead of originally estimated time as well and it was done through Aramex courier. I dreaded it after reading negative posts in this thread about the courier service. But a pretty decent effort from them.

Hope it continues!
Old 19th December 2014, 18:00   #2672
BHPian

I ordered from sportsjam.in on wed evening and it was delivered this morning. Amazed that it has been faster than flipkart and amazon experiences for me... Shipped from Delhi via FedEx
Old 21st December 2014, 14:38   #2673
BHPian

Ordered a pen tablet from flipkart yesterday. Let's see when does it deliver. The standard delivery date as given is 31st December.
Old 22nd December 2014, 08:42   #2674
Senior - BHPian

What happened to watchkart.com? I had got some cool deals from them.
Old 23rd December 2014, 03:41   #2675
BHPian

Ordered a JBL Flip 2 from Snapdeal.com on 12th December.

One of the worst online shopping experience of my life because they decided shipped it through their logistics partner 'EcomExpress'. (Almost everybody has -ve reviews on google for EcomExpress)

If their Shipment tracking is anything to go by they will most probably overshoot the estimated delivery date of 25th December. (Which is pretty slow by industry standards)
I've got parcels faster than this from AliExpress.

Actually had decided to give it as a X'mas present as a surprise.
Instead I ended up getting one!
Old 24th December 2014, 11:24   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart surprises me even more in a pleasant way.

Signed up for the Flipkart First Subscription on Monday for Rs.500. Noticed that it has been brought down to Rs.399 yesterday.

Shot a mail to their customer service to check if a refund was possible since the price reduction happened very next day.

Got a call this morning asking if the refund was to be debited to my account or as cash in the Flipkart Wallet. Went for the wallet option and got it in the next hour.

I have dealt with Amazon while I was abroad with issues related to order (not refund exactly). But Flipkart seem to be doing great here as well.

The price for the facilities offered is worth it, IMO.
Old 24th December 2014, 11:50   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

One of the worst online shopping experience of my life because they decided shipped it through their logistics partner 'EcomExpress'. (Almost everybody has -ve reviews on google for EcomExpress)

If their Shipment tracking is anything to go by they will most probably overshoot the estimated delivery date of 25th December. (Which is pretty slow by industry standards)
I've got parcels faster than this from AliExpress.

Actually had decided to give it as a X'mas present as a surprise.
Instead I ended up getting one!
EcomExpress is the most horrible courier service I have come across so far.
Here is my experience: I have ordered a laptop on snapdeal and reached me after 10 days or so. On the delivery day, I had waited for the parcel all the day and had some planned meeting in the evening @5.30 PM. When I called the delivery guy (got his contact number after 4-5 calls) he asked me to collect from him (you read correctly ) if I want quick delivery. EcomExpress toll free number also does not work properly, sometimes it connects sometimes it doesn't.
Old 24th December 2014, 13:43   #2678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

One of the worst online shopping experience of my life
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
ordered a laptop on snapdeal and reached me after 10 days or so
Snapdeal seems a shady site. Better order low value items on COD only. My recent laptop purchase was no different!

They did not ship it even after 2 days of paying and all this while, the cancellation link was disabled! The popup kept saying item has been shipped. The customer care is from another planet altogether - when I asked for the tracking number since their order page says the item is shipped and order cannot be cancelled, they replied I haven't completed the payment and should re-order.

I left it at that and started making noise on social media. The laptop was promptly delivered in 2 days after that.

One experience I would never want to repeat. Better stick with the big boys for high value purchases.

Have given them a stinking feedback and review. I doubt it will make it to the product page.
Old 24th December 2014, 14:00   #2679
BHPian

Any advice on DHL global mail? Ordered a case for iPhone 6+ from rearth USA and the shipping was done on 4th Dec. i am yet to receive the case. When contacted DHL, they say it takes 15-20 business days for the case to reach me. 😞
Old 25th December 2014, 10:13   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Snapdeal seems a shady site. Better order low value items on COD only. My recent laptop purchase was no different!

They did not ship it even after 2 days of paying and all this while, the cancellation link was disabled! The popup kept saying item has been shipped. The customer care is from another planet altogether - when I asked for the tracking number since their order page says the item is shipped and order cannot be cancelled, they replied I haven't completed the payment and should re-order.

I left it at that and started making noise on social media. The laptop was promptly delivered in 2 days after that.

One experience I would never want to repeat. Better stick with the big boys for high value purchases.

Have given them a stinking feedback and review. I doubt it will make it to the product page.

Snapdeal has worked out well for me. They are like an aggregator or marketplace. The products are shipped by external vendors which is why you get delays. I have purchased items costing a few hundred to 23k Max value for a Fender guitar amp for example. I have received damaged items and never had a problem returning any with a prompt refund or online cash. The customer care works only when you call in. Email support is sketchy.
When opening packages always take pics or a video.
I feel online sites are lot better than B&M stores in India. You atleast get 30 days to return items. Very difficult to do this at stores...
Simple rule is to look at the seller (big boys like you said) and read reviews.
I recently started COD instead of prepaying to avoid worrying about delays in delivery.
Old 25th December 2014, 10:34   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any advice on DHL global mail? Ordered a case for iPhone 6+ from rearth USA and the shipping was done on 4th Dec. i am yet to receive the case. When contacted DHL, they say it takes 15-20 business days for the case to reach me. 😞
I have used them multiple times - they generally take about 20 days.

The X'Mas and New Year season may delay additionally !
Old 25th December 2014, 11:11   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
I have used them multiple times - they generally take about 20 days.

The X'Mas and New Year season may delay additionally !
Then I can expect my case before Jan 2nd. Thanks for the info.
Old 25th December 2014, 11:29   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Ordered 2 Mobiles via Flipkart, payment via Net banking, delivered within 4 days including a sunday.

Have ordered several other items (laptops, HDD, TV and others.) through Snapdeal, Amazon, Shopclues, Rediff. Never had a problem. I always did payment through netbanking.
Old 27th December 2014, 19:02   #2684
BHPian

Shopclues - Stay Away

So took the bait and ordered something on Shop Clues during GOSF - It was a really good deal. They first came back and said, due to procurement delay, the delivery would be delayed, if I agreed they would go ahead - I said all right. After 2 Days they sent me an email, order cancelled and item is not available!
Not that it was unexpected, got the refund promptly - but another shady website confirmed.
Old 27th December 2014, 19:04   #2685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
So took the bait and ordered something on Shop Clues during GOSF - It was a really good deal. They first came back and said, due to procurement delay, the delivery would be delayed, if I agreed they would go ahead - I said all right. After 2 Days they sent me an email, order cancelled and item is not available!
Not that it was unexpected, got the refund promptly - but another shady website confirmed.
Something happens to all of them when you mention sale!

I have bought around 30-35 times from them, but never had any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks