Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 11:52   #2656
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Even I haven't got back the cash back ( close to 2.5K) from HDFC for shopping on amazon from Oct 10-15. Why can't amazon/HDFC sort these smoothly between themselves instead of the customer having to run behind them ??? Is it too much to ask for a smooth shopping experience ?

Is there a way to contact amazon customer support on this ? I checked the "customer service" tab and I only see "return items" "leave seller feedback" and "write a product review" . How do I tell amazon that I haven't got my cashback ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 17th December 2014 at 12:04.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:01   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
So it looks like it was a "last piece" or showroom piece which they were getting rid of at a huge discount.
Now am in a real dilemma. Should I rather keep it, given that without the warranty card I might not be able to claim warranty? The watch is irresistible, BTW.
Well, Just call up the Service Centre and ask if the invoice is treated at par with the warranty card.
These watches seldom breakdown but when they do it's a long process. An FCUK watch that I gifted my wife stopped working after 6 months so gave it to the Authorized Service centre mentioned on the warranty card in Pune. Now they collected the watch and shipped it abroad somewhere as FCUK only has collection centres and no service centres in India, so now it's been over 2 months and we are still waiting.
The easier thing would have been to get it repaired outside.
So I am not sure how much Warranty actually helps in case of Foreign Brands of Watches.
I would say, keep it and enjoy it.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:06   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Even I haven't got back the cash back ( close to 2.5K) from HDFC for shopping on amazon from Oct 10-15. Why can't amazon/HDFC sort these smoothly between themselves instead of the customer having to follow up with them ???

Is there a way to contact amazon customer support on this ? I checked the "customer service" tab and I only see "return items" "leave seller feedback" and "write a product review" . How do I tell amazon that I haven't got my cashback ?
I have written to HDFC and got an acknowledgement after a week saying that the cashback will be available after 15th Feb. I have pushed back asking to honour the original date of 15th Dec.
Will now have to wait for another week before I get an answer. What a sham - they should rather offer an instant discount at the time of checkout and settle their internal account in the background.
Will wait for another week before making some noise on twitter/ fb to get some attention on this subject from HDFC.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:09   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Well, Just call up the Service Centre and ask if the invoice is treated at par with the warranty card.
These watches seldom breakdown but when they do it's a long process. An FCUK watch that I gifted my wife stopped working after 6 months so gave it to the Authorized Service centre mentioned on the warranty card in Pune. Now they collected the watch and shipped it abroad somewhere as FCUK only has collection centres and no service centres in India, so now it's been over 2 months and we are still waiting.
The easier thing would have been to get it repaired outside.
So I am not sure how much Warranty actually helps in case of Foreign Brands of Watches.
I would say, keep it and enjoy it.
I do see that they don't have a service center here. So it would be a collect and send abroad system here too.

So I have decided to keep it and have sent a mail to Flipkart to stop the refund process.

Thanks for the help guys. Truly appreciate it.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:10   #2660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have written to HDFC and got an acknowledgement after a week saying that the cashback will be available after 15th Feb. I have pushed back asking to honour the original date of 15th Dec.
Will now have to wait for another week before I get an answer. What a sham - they should rather offer an instant discount at the time of checkout and settle their internal account in the background.
Will wait for another week before making some noise on twitter/ fb to get some attention on this subject from HDFC.
Pushing the cashback credit by 2 months is appalling ! Amazon is equally to blame - why are they tying up with banks that don't honor their commitment ?

Making some noise with amazon will also help - I'm planning on doing that soon.
Old 17th December 2014, 14:40   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Same here. Lodged a complaint today and they said they will sort it out in 3 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Not Yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I haven't received the CB yet.
Quote:
Even I haven't got back the cash back
I posted on Amazon's FB page and they promptly replied that it is an offer from the bank and I need to contact the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Will now have to wait for another week before I get an answer.
Got the cash credited after posting on HDFC FB page and lodging a complaint via email. I suggest all of you to do the same. I believe that this is not an automatic process and they may be hoping that the customer will forget about this cash back thing after two long months.
Old 17th December 2014, 14:43   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Pushing the cashback credit by 2 months is appalling ! Amazon is equally to blame - why are they tying up with banks that don't honor their commitment ?

Making some noise with amazon will also help - I'm planning on doing that soon.
These cashback credits are a joint discount by website and bank. The transaction is not complete till the vendor account is credited. Most online sellers have a return policy. If goods sold is returned for a refund, then there is an accounting problem. Service tax and VAT for audits. It is easier to cancel the transaction for a refund rather credit an amount to your account. So they keep the transaction in suspense, not crediting the vendor account.

Amazon has more control over the transaction than the Bank in this situation.

Last edited by HillMan : 17th December 2014 at 14:47.
Old 17th December 2014, 14:54   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
In a rather random incident I ordered Live plants for the aquarium from ebay.com which was in Malaysia.
OT: What is the plant name and can you share the link please. I am looking for plants for my aquarium as well.
Old 17th December 2014, 15:54   #2664
Senior - BHPian

Good experience with Snapdeal and Myntra.
Purchased several items from both of them during GOSF.
The items got delivered one-by-one from Saturday.
Some items had size/ fit issues, so, I initiated refund and exchange where possible.

Snapdeal reverse pickup courier was pretty quick (arrived next day). Myntra courier took one extra day to pickup.

Both offered to print the refund form (since my home printer was not working). They did not charge anything.

The items were all in perfect condition and GOSF pricing was less than 50% for all the items. So, no more shopping in the mall at MRP.
Old 17th December 2014, 15:55   #2665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Immediately opened it since I was curious to know the state of the plants and I found them quite fresh and alive as promised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
OT: What is the plant name and can you share the link please. I am looking for plants for my aquarium as well.
Can you also PM me with the details. My friend is a fishkeeping enthusiast (?) and would love these or some like it.
Old 17th December 2014, 18:05   #2666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Can you also PM me with the details. My friend is a fishkeeping enthusiast (?) and would love these or some like it.
I brought a small patch of Christmas Moss or Xmas moss as it is popularly known. I got it from a seller called Aquatic magic and here is a sample image of how the grown plant looks:

The Online Shopping Thread-vescularia20montagnei.jpg

IMAGE source - http://www.aquascapingworld.com/imag...0montagnei.jpg

They supply it as a 2X2inch patch which we can grow to any shape and size we wanted. Supposedly its very easy to grow and will spread across the tank once introduced. I will be ordering more stuff from them .
Old 17th December 2014, 19:34   #2667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Got the cash credited after posting on HDFC FB page and lodging a complaint via email. I suggest all of you to do the same.
I got Amazon/HDFC Bank cash today without any follow up.
Old 18th December 2014, 10:55   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got Amazon/HDFC Bank cash today without any follow up.
I too got the cashback but only after complaining twice.
Old 18th December 2014, 12:37   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
I brought a small patch of Christmas Moss or Xmas moss as it is popularly known. I got it from a seller called Aquatic magic
You haven't provided the eBay link.
Old 18th December 2014, 13:26   #2670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You haven't provided the eBay link.
Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/260559705077...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks