Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 11:57   #2506
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The flipkart bill mentioned that this 5% cashback would refunded via debit card by 15th Nov.
Deposit of money in bank account in Debit Card cashback requires 4 - 5 hops. Some of these hops were blocked last week due to bank strike that that impacted clearing.

So, cashback might take longer. I would wait till Friday before escalation.
Old 17th November 2014, 12:25   #2507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Deposit of money in bank account in Debit Card cashback requires 4 - 5 hops. Some of these hops were blocked last week due to bank strike that that impacted clearing.

So, cashback might take longer. I would wait till Friday before escalation.
Thanks for the information.

If I had received a similar reply from flipkart customer care, I would have been satisfied and gladly waited for few more days. Instead they asked me to share my bank statement to prove that cashback has not been credited to my account.

Rohan
Old 17th November 2014, 14:16   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

It is absolutely not acceptable for a company to ask a customer for confidential information. Anyway, the onus is on them to prove that they have paid.
Old 17th November 2014, 14:17   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Yes, I finally did give in to the temptation!

Bought at 23:50 Pacific time, just 10 mins before the end of 11-11 sale.

Bought the 2TB M3 version. Was advertised at $56, and after adding all discounts, the final checkout price was $49.

Just received an email yesterday that the product has been shipped.

So far so good, let's see what happens next.

I have used a 500 GB Samsung previously, and my experience was good.

While I understand it's a gamble, I am prepared to take the risk. Let's see how it ends.

Just an fyi, HDFC charged me 3020.79/-
Thanks for the update.
Do let me know if you are made to pay any additional customs once the consignment arrives.

Would look forward to your experience to proceed further.
Old 19th November 2014, 12:11   #2510
BHPian

Posted a review on amazon abt a product bought recently however they have moderated the same and deleted it . had bought disney sunglass for my daughter and turns out the pdt was fake , it didnot have any box package , just a lousy nylon pouch .All disney pdts come with month of import , country of origin , MRP details etc .

Note from Mod : Please type in full and use proper punctuation and paragraphs. And, strictly avoid chat language. Repeat will attract an infraction

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th November 2014 at 15:28.
Old 19th November 2014, 20:30   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Posted a review on amazon abt a product bought recently however they have moderated the same and deleted it
Happened to me recently in amazon.com (not .in)
Old 19th November 2014, 23:07   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Flipkart is finding itself on the wrong side of the media again.

Quote:
When I ordered a simple pen-drive from Flipkart, I never thought that it would take them forever to deliver it, and a simple purchase will turn into a never ending nightmare.

On 24th October 2014 I placed the order but got an empty box delivered to my house. I took up the issue with Flipkart and they assured me a monetary compensation of Rs. 55 with the product. I asked for an apology letter with the product, however ever I never got one. I thought that it's only human to err, but was in for a shock when I was sent another empty box. I was not at home and my mother took the order.

I was furious and once again I took up the matter with Flipkart. This time they didn't accept that the fault was on their part, on the contrary, they indirectly started suggesting that maybe I have kept the pen-drive and making a ruckus just for no reason. They had my money and were not ready to resend the product.

Already having spent so much time and energy on this I thought that I should rather have the product now, so I placed a fresh order.

After receiving empty boxes the first two time, I thought that it will be a good idea to video record the order delivery and open it in front of them.

So when the package arrived I got one of the delivery guys to open the box for me. Since the product was Cash on Delivery I had to pay first to get the box opened. And for the third time I was stunned to see an empty box.

I am not looking for compensation, I have come out with this video proof because I want such Online Shopping stores to realise and repent their mistake, and stop taking the customers for granted.
Source: The Logical Indian (Facebook Page)
Old 20th November 2014, 10:01   #2513
BHPian

Sharing my experience with Paytm shopping -
I am regular customer at Paytm to recharge prepaid mobiles of mine as well as my organization. Off-late Paytm too entered the online shopping space. I shortlisted LG G2 - 32 GB for my mother. The lowest price I found to be at Paytm. I was bit hesitant to make a high value purchase from untrusted seller (29k). But since using it for long, took a call and ordered it. The product was shipped quickly within a day and delivered to me in great and safe packing in the following days.

The invoice over the package clearly mentioned 32 Gb version. I opened the box and started setting up the phone, updating, etc. and eventually found it to be 16 GB version. I checked the box of the phone and it is 16 GB over there too. Searched for Paytm customer care number but they only have e-mail system to resolve any customer issue. Sent them an e-mail about it. Next day got the reply to send back the item to the seller and send courier receipt for reimbursement. But I don't want to get entangled for another 15-20 days for the whole process to be completed. Hence requested them that I will accept 16 GB less you refund the 3500/- price difference charged in excess to me or send me the 32 Gb version and collect the 16 Gb version from my place. No response for a day or so. I was getting impatient. Social networking comes to help here. Posted same issue on their FB and twitter pages. They asked for some other info like image of 16 Gb memory on the box, IMEI, etc. This followed for a day. Again posted to FB, then finally got the reply to send the bank details in which we will refund the excess amount within 3 days. They didn't disclosed the amount they will be refunding. I have asked them to confirm the amount they will be refunding and now waiting for the refund to be in my account.

Paytm CC seems to be willing to co-operate but lack of direct telephonic customer support makes buyer anxious and makes things little slow since they do not rply to the e-mails very efficiently.
Old 20th November 2014, 10:31   #2514
Senior - BHPian

My Seagate 1TB internal HDD crashed a few years back and seagate repaired it under warranty only for it to crash again after a few years.

I have my kid's photo's and lots of other files on it that I need to retrieve.

The problem is when the drive is connected to the PC (internally as it would be normally connected) the PC hangs.

So I bought this product from eBay but the power adapter is not working.

Any idea if I can get this power adapter in a local electronics shop?

If you look carefully, one end of the adapter has a different socket to power the HDD.
Old 20th November 2014, 10:47   #2515
BHPian

Good Morning!

For those looking forward to buy a 2 TB External Hard Drive, through Indian E-Commerce channels, the following offer on EBay looks good to me -

http://www.ebay.in/itm/WD-Elements-2...item4ae050dfdd

It's priced at 6999/- and after applying the DISCOUNT15 coupon, the same can be ordered for 6159/-

It is a Western Digital External USB 3.0 HDD

There is also a Seagate 2 TB External USB 3.0 HDD on offer; for 300/- more than the WD mentioned above; however, please remember that the seller has clearly mentioned that the warranty may not be honored in India since the product is a bulk import from the U.S.A. At the same time, he assures that the product is genuine and they can send the serial number in advance to verify the same.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Seagate-Backu...item43d2dfb86c

Disclaimer : I am not associated with the E-Commerce industry or the Seller; just came across this offer and thought of sharing!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 20th November 2014 at 10:54.
Old 20th November 2014, 11:03   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Looks like Flipkart is finding itself on the wrong side of the media again.

Source: The Logical Indian (Facebook Page)
Wow. The look of surprise in the delivery boy's face is priceless.
Old 20th November 2014, 11:30   #2517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

Wow. The look of surprise in the delivery boy's face is priceless.
He smiled as if the guy would say, next, " what's that behind your ear? "
Old 20th November 2014, 12:15   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Sharing my experience with Paytm shopping -
I too have positive experience with Paytm so far.
I bought a RC Helicopter from them which worked fine for 2-3 days after that it started to give problems. I opened a complaint with Paytm and after a day they replied that they will arrange reverse pickup for the item and refund me the amount. They got it picked up quickly and issued the refund on the same day even before the item reached the seller.
Again I bought a cheap electric kettle from them. On arrival I found that the item is to be of very poor quality. I opened a return request which got approved today and I'm waiting for the pickup.
Paytm has improved a lot from their initial days. It looks like they are on the right track.
BTW they have a customer care no. (mobile no.) I forgot the no. but it is there on their site.
Old 20th November 2014, 12:44   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So I bought this product from eBay but the power adapter is not working.
An HDD casing like this, would have been simpler solution.
Old 20th November 2014, 13:24   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
My Seagate 1TB internal HDD crashed a few years back and seagate repaired it under warranty only for it to crash again after a few years.

I have my kid's photo's and lots of other files on it that I need to retrieve.
This is not want you want to hear, it's not helpful, it's nagging, and all that, but let me rant a bit in case others benefit too.

Backup Rant: All Please Take Notice!

You already had a disk crash. You have had another one "for a few years," and you don't have your vital pics and files backed up?

Hard disks may fail any time from day 1, even through no fault of their own, like power surges. Even if one gets a warranty replacement, one does not get the data back. After day one, life for hard disks (like the rest of us ) is finite. They all fail in a few years, but nobody can tell the value of "few" for any given disk.

It's just not relevant that someone might post, hey, I had my hdd for 20 years! That's exceptional, not the rule. The rule is that hard disks should be treated as disposables.

People, our lives, loves, births and deaths, as well as our music and movies, are documented on our computers these days: Keep backups. Buy two additional external drives, keep one at the office or at the house of a friend/relative and make sure that they are never more than a week or two (or whenever you add something important) out of date.

And yes, I learned this the hard way too. And for an ex- systems manager, that was unforgivable <Blush>

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 20th November 2014 at 13:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks