Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2014, 12:44   #2371
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Whoa! After getting below experience, I mailed to Jeff Bezos office and guess what I got a call from his office from US
Boy, wouldn't I love to be a fly on the wall at Amazon India offices now. :-)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-by-brad-stone
Old 31st October 2014, 13:05   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, they will take the class of concerned. I was very disappointed by their "blame" on me as per them I am rescheduling the delivery.
Had a similar experience with Amazon recently when inspite of opting for 2 day delivery and paying the charges the package was delivered 6 days later. For the first 4 days there wasnt any update online of the shipment status. On 5th Day it suddenly showed out for delivery and was finally delivered on 6th day. When complained to customer care, got a customary mail about the refund of delivery charges charged extra.

Most the e-tailers had this harrowing experience of late delivery thanks to the Diwali period and I am sure more such stories will be told in coming days as we near Christmas/new year sale, then Republic day followed by Valentine, Holi, Gudi Padwa etc in the coming year.
Old 31st October 2014, 13:19   #2373
Senior - BHPian

OT - Note to Mods.

Seeing a lot of comments and complaints about the courier companies. Would it be prudent to move these statements to a separate thread dedicated only for those courier companies who deal with online shipments? What I mean is, a thread for tracking feedback on these online shipping companies. Will be useful for the general search as well as keep this thread related only to the shopping part of it and not necessarily shipping part of it.

Please delete this comment if this is not relevant.
Old 31st October 2014, 13:48   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I ordered Transcend DrivePro200 from amazon.in on 20th Oct. Status shows will be shipped by 27-28. Luckily I selected COD. So not much worried.
While ordering it was showing delivery in 3-4 days.
Contacted the seller who says due to Diwali courier guys are on leave.
Unfortunately had to cancel the order.
While ordering it was showing 2 pieces available and order is confirmed. When I check status yesterday it showed yet to be shipped.
Contacted the seller (Electrograce) who says they are out of stock for DP200 and now only DP100 is available for the same price.
As per seller pieces available shown on screen might not be the actual count, but he was courteous enough to let me know when it is back in supply.
Anyway disappointing.

O.T. Any frequent flying Chennai BHPians, is it possible for you to get me this item after your next visit abroad?
Old 31st October 2014, 14:04   #2375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
OT - Note to Mods.

Seeing a lot of comments and complaints about the courier companies. Would it be prudent to move these statements to a separate thread dedicated only for those courier companies who deal with online shipments? What I mean is, a thread for tracking feedback on these online shipping companies. Will be useful for the general search as well as keep this thread related only to the shopping part of it and not necessarily shipping part of it.

Please delete this comment if this is not relevant.
Just a counter-perspective: don't you think delivery is the most critical part of convenient online shopping? Isn't the whole point of online shopping that we can buy stuff from the comfort of our internet-enabled device and have it delivered to our doorstep? If the delivery process isn't upto scratch, doesn't it sort of render the whole 'convenience' point moot as the customers have to fret over when (and if) the package will be delivered, or should they have taken the effort to purchase in-person instead? All this after parting with their hard-earned money.

Delivery logistics is a critical component of the online shopping experience. I don't buy the courier providers' argument about festival rush. It was not a surprise so they should have prepared for it. Refunds are no solution either. They can only refund the amount involved, they can't repair the ruined experience. There was an experience a few pages back where the person bought a DSLR online for a family trip, but had to ultimately take the vacation without it due to delivery issues. How will the e-retailer refund the ruined vacation experience?

What all these episodes have also exposed is the Indian logistics business is still not mature enough to keep up with the burgeoning e-retail marketplace, and the situation will get worse unless the e-retailers and their logistics partners get together and shore up operations to meet demand.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st October 2014 at 14:07.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:08   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Just a counter-perspective: don't you think delivery is the most critical part of convenient online shopping? Isn't the whole point of online shopping that we can buy stuff from the comfort of our internet-enabled device and have it delivered to our doorstep? If the delivery process isn't upto scratch, doesn't it sort of render the whole 'convenience' point moot as the customers have to fret over when (and if) the package will be delivered, or should they have taken the effort to purchase in-person instead?

Delivery logistics is a critical component of the online shopping experience. I don't buy the courier providers' argument about festival rush. It was not a surprise so they should have prepared for it. Refunds are no solution either. They can only refund the amount involved, they can't repair the ruined experience. There was an experience a few pages back where the person bought a DSLR online for a family trip, but had to ultimately take the vacation without it due to delivery issues. How will the e-retailer refund the ruined vacation experience?

What all these episodes have also exposed is the Indian logistics business is still not mature to keep up with the burgeoning e-retail marketplace, and the situation will get worse unless the e-retailer and their logistics partner get together and shore up operations to meet demand.
I agree with you mate and hence called for a separate thread just focusing on the logistics part of it. I am sure the logistics as an industry will improve in the years ahead and we would be able to appreciate it better if we capture it separately and not mix it with the shopping experience. Just my 2 cents.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:58   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Boy, wouldn't I love to be a fly on the wall at Amazon India offices now. :-)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-by-brad-stone
Exactly, in my case the price of items was only Rs. 500 but ultimately it was cancelled on my fourth call to Customer Care. I needed this item and ultimately I have to live without it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Had a similar experience with Amazon recently when inspite of opting for 2 day delivery and paying the charges the package was delivered 6 days later...
What I am complaining here exactly same experience others peoples are having with amazon in India. They are pioneer in this online industry and I least expect such issues from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Just a counter-perspective: don't you think delivery is the most critical part of convenient online shopping? ...
Whatever experience you stated same happened to me with this Rs. 500 item. This is nothing but a tab holder with suction for windshield of car. I use my tab as GPS navigation device. This I purchased for using it in my next trip. But I have to leave without it.

Yesterday they refunded my money after 10-12 days and upon fourth call to Customer Care. In the meantime, I do not have time and patience to order it again. I lost 10-12 days with them after paying upfront.

Last edited by anujmishra : 31st October 2014 at 14:59.
Old 31st October 2014, 15:15   #2378
BHPian

With so much gloom and doom around deliveries by courier companies (including my own) let me provide a silver lining to this.

So I order a couple of pair of trousers from Myntra yesterday night around 11, and fed up with the usual bad deliveries opted for a COD. To my absolute (pleasant) shock it was delivered this morning around 9:30am. Kudos to the team at Myntra.
Old 31st October 2014, 23:09   #2379
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol to break the ice over slow deliveries, I had ordered a pair of earphones from Flipkart and Ebay at the same time on this Monday night. Received the FK consignment today which came all the way from Gurgaon within three days. The Ebay consignment however is shipped through ARAMEX, and it left Lucknow on Tuesday. No sign of inscan in Bangalore. Guess they loaded it onto a bullock cart.
Old 31st October 2014, 23:28   #2380
Team-BHP Support

A FedEx 'priority overnight' shipment was dispatched 2 days back from Mumbai (Mumbai-Surat distance = 300 km) and I haven't received it yet! Courier services are screwing it up big time!
Old 31st October 2014, 23:58   #2381
Senior - BHPian

I ordered for CCTV camera's on 29th from eBay.in and the seller doesn't seem to have even packed it yet.
The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg

Yesterday when I mailed him for an update, his reply was as follows :
The Online Shopping Thread-capture1.jpg

Is it possible that he's just bluffing. My order was a CoD, is that possibly a reason for disinterest?
Old 1st November 2014, 00:53   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I ordered for CCTV camera's on 29th from eBay.in and the seller doesn't seem to have even packed it yet.
Its more inline with eBay policy eBay gives at least 5-7 days for seller to ship and another 5-7 days for shipment to reach you. So it is still withing eBay time frame.
Quote:
My order was a CoD, is that possibly a reason for disinterest?
Not really. COD means more reason to ship fast & get money faster.
Old 1st November 2014, 01:54   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you have got the AWB number and they picked it up, I think delivery will be within a day or two as per my experience. Last week, FK delayed shipping the item for four days and it didn't turn up on blue dart website. Later once it turned up, it was delivered the next evening.
Now, I am just hopless with Blue Dart even. I just hope that the update on the syatem is incorrect and I just receive the courier tommorrow morning.

The Online Shopping Thread-bluedart.jpg

Quote:
Whoa!
That is actually Whoa! Getting a call from Amazon US people is like super customer service !!
Blut alas, the lazy folks down in India care a shit about anything. The US people would have written a nice email to the folks here in India, and then the folks would have called the courier guys, and then they would have said - "I care a damn, I'll deliver when I wish".
Old 1st November 2014, 09:29   #2384
BHPian

Ordered a pair of CROCS for myself from JABONG. Received in less than 48 hrs.

Was offered at 30% less than the prevailing market prices. It was just last Saturday when I had bought for my dad a similar pair, in a different color, from Metro, Mantri Square, Malleshwaram. That day I wasn't sure if I needed one too, so didn't buy. Turns out it was a wise decision as I got it from Jabong for less!!

Name:  ForumRunner_20141101_092547.png
Views: 439
Size:  374.5 KB
Old 1st November 2014, 10:23   #2385
Senior - BHPian

This situation with Amazon is just ridiculous now.

I had ordered a Vegetable Cutter on the 20th, it was shipped with Gati(The horror, I know!).

It reached Bangalore on the 30th. And has been lying in the warehouse since.

It was supposed to be delivered on the 31st, and has been lying in the warehouse as I write this.

And when I contacted Amazon, they again came up with the same excuse, "In transit delay". They said they contacted Gati and will have it delivered ASAP.

Let's see when it gets delivered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks