Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 23:21   #2596
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
There is an official ad in today's newspaper. Its an 18 month EMI scheme with a cash back offer. It is available on all leading stores. The ad also mentions that it is available on online stores as well but I have not found one in any.
Oh the EMI scheme! Saw that on infibeam. But i would prefer paying COD or buy from a physical store if they offer a cash discount.
Old 7th December 2014, 01:48   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Oh the EMI scheme! Saw that on infibeam. But i would prefer paying COD or buy from a physical store if they offer a cash discount.
Infibeam is offering a cash discount. The cash back is for the physical stores.
Old 10th December 2014, 16:59   #2598
BHPian

Hi,

Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) has started today. Any pointers on the good deals? Looking for couple of gadgets for home but searching across websites is too tiresome.
Old 10th December 2014, 17:06   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi,

Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) has started today. Any pointers on the good deals? Looking for couple of gadgets for home but searching across websites is too tiresome.
Why not try Junglee?

They will give you the best deals across all categories and across all sites.

You can chose as per your requirement accordingly.
Old 10th December 2014, 21:42   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) has started today. Any pointers on the good deals?
Try here: http://www.zopper.com/price-drops
Old 10th December 2014, 22:04   #2601
Senior - BHPian

Bought a canon flash from ebay on dec 4th for about 31k, at the time of purchase and even after ordering, it showed a delivery date of dec 6th. However till date the item has not been shipped, the vendor cameramart does not reply to emails, on the phone he keeps promising various delivery dates, none of which he sticks to, the ebay support takes 13 minutes on a chat room, and they claim delivery will be on high priority, which is upto dec 16th. Apparently the dec 6th date was auto computed by the system while ebay gives vendors 12 days to deliver the item. I've ordered quite a few times from ebay India in the past, but this recent experience has been terrible. Will not be patronising them again. Should have picked it on snapdeal, but they were committing to a later delivery, which ironically was dec 8th.
Old 10th December 2014, 22:15   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Bought a canon flash from ebay on dec 4th for about 31k, at the time of purchase and even after ordering, it showed a delivery date of dec 6th. However till date the item has not been shipped, the vendor cameramart does not reply to emails, on the phone he keeps promising various delivery dates, none of which he sticks to, the ebay support takes 13 minutes on a chat room, and they claim delivery will be on high priority, which is upto dec 16th. Apparently the dec 6th date was auto computed by the system while ebay gives vendors 12 days to deliver the item. I've ordered quite a few times from ebay India in the past, but this recent experience has been terrible. Will not be patronising them again. Should have picked it on snapdeal, but they were committing to a later delivery, which ironically was dec 8th.
eBay is totally useless nowadays. Previously most of the sellers used to strictly adhere to the shipping date.An automatic refund process used to be initiated if the seller don't enter the courier details by the 'ship by date' . Now it is free for all. The delivery can take even a month. None of them reply to emails.
Old 11th December 2014, 01:20   #2603
BHPian

Try this browser extension: http://www.makkhichoose.com/

When you are browsing details of a product to buy, it will show the prices from other sites on a small tag. Give it a shot.
Old 11th December 2014, 14:17   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Delhi HC directs Xiaomi and Flipkart to stop import, sale of phones over patent case by Ericsson.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst
Old 11th December 2014, 15:35   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Delhi HC directs Xiaomi and Flipkart to stop import, sale of phones over patent case by Ericsson.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst
I am now pissed over Ericsson.
Now that they have lost India business, they don't want anyone else to flourish here.
Not that I am supporting any patent infringement or any piracy. But this sounds like a children's game - You made me out, I will not let you play, I will complain to Mom.
Old 11th December 2014, 15:44   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I am now pissed over Ericsson.
Now that they have lost India business, they don't want anyone else to flourish here.
Not that I am supporting any patent infringement or any piracy. But this sounds like a children's game - You made me out, I will not let you play, I will complain to Mom.
Not necessarily , Erricson is the one who invested heavily in 2G /3G development and the main source of revenue for some of these companies is technology licensing revenues. Erricson exited the mobile handset manufacturing long back ( 2004 IIRC) and sold business to Sony.

These patents are available under frand ( fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory) terms. These patents are not like Apple's design patents which no-one can license even if they want to pay the license fee.

So suppose if a patent is available under frand then licencing term and cost is same for everyone be it Apple or Xiomi.
Old 12th December 2014, 11:04   #2607
Senior - BHPian

For folks at Trivandrum Technopark:

Sony has opened a stall at our office for 2 days (yesterday and today), with good discounts on offer. I saw a 40 inch LED TV for around 40K (MRP 53K), dvd players, Camera's etc.

The bill has to be in my name. The fine print says I cannot buy 2 pieces of the same product.

PM me if anyone is interested.

32 inches HD ready LED TV - 27% off, 32 inches Full HD LED TV - 22% off, 40 inches Full HD LED TV - 28% off

Last edited by jinojohnt : 12th December 2014 at 11:09.
Old 12th December 2014, 12:20   #2608
Distinguished - BHPian

How would you guys rate Snapdeal for big ticket purchases (>50k) ? I have used them in the past, but, for inconsequential amounts (<1k).

Looking to buy a laptop. Seller in question 'seems' 5.0 star rated.
Old 12th December 2014, 12:40   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How would you guys rate Snapdeal for big ticket purchases (>50k) ? I have used them in the past, but, for inconsequential amounts (<1k).

Looking to buy a laptop. Seller in question 'seems' 5.0 star rated.
The only vendor from whom I buy computers, accessories and components is my office supplier. I am guaranteed not to be shafted because he gets several lakhs worth of order from my company in a year which he absolutely wouldn't want to jeopardize. And the discounts are very competitive too. :-) Uncommon items he goes out of his way to source for me.
Old 14th December 2014, 10:48   #2610
BHPian

Has anyone bought stuff from Cart2india?
They have many things that aren't available on any other website. Are they reliable?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks