Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 08:35   #2536
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Came across this during my early morning trawl:

http://tomfishburne.com/2013/01/showrooming.html

Most (all?) points he makes strike chords. "store experience is transactional". "hard to find a knowledgable sales rep" - absolutely! But are Croma and the rest of the gang listening?
Old 24th November 2014, 13:51   #2537
BHPian

My Shopping Experience @ Snapdeal

I placed order for Panasonic Viera TH-50A410D on 13th Nov, Order gets shipped via Gati same day night. As Item had to travel all the way south from Delhi, I expected one week for delivery. After couple of days, I receive a call from a number which appeared to be a cellphone number, asking if I have placed any order via Snapdeal. As the person introduced himself as Snapdeal guy, I respond saying "You should know since you are from Sanpdeal". The guy seemingly got upset. His English was pretty bad by call center standards and I got suspicious. I asked him what was the purpose of this call, he again repeated if i am aware what order i placed. I said, I might but why do you want to know? The guy disconnected the call. I dialed back after 45 mins from a different number and an elderly person picked the call and said he is not aware of any Snapdeal and he hails from UP.

I kept track of item in transit, as expected product arrived at destination on 22nd. Gati office called me saying there is a consignment in my name and they can't deliver to my home due to vehicle constraints. As I had to pass by Gati office, I queried about Package size just to confirm I can fit that in my car. I got a rude shock when he announced its 1X2 ft sir! What? a 50" TV in 3x2 ft box? I asked if he meant meter instead of foot but he said No!
Disillusioned, I drove all the way to Gati office and to my surprise it was a suitcase sized box and it had a small Philips TV inside it. I refused to accept delivery and called up customer care. Snapdeal said i need not accept the product and they will arrange reverse pick up from courier office and my money will be refunded once product reaches seller (TRUST PAY?)
I called my credit card company meantime and logged a dispute complaint too.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:07   #2538
BANNED

My experience with www.dx.com has been shocking. Initially, they took over 2 months to deliver a item, but it was the wrong item they delivered. They agreed to resend the item after verification and I agreed. After another two months, I am yet to get the item they supposedly shipped back in September. I will never shop with them again, for the pure hassle of waiting for so long is definitely not worth the money saved.
Old 24th November 2014, 15:08   #2539
BHPian

Where can I find ear muffs to buy online in India ?

Quality ones like the one shown below

http://www.fashionara.com/12a6kv7b915rucbmuffler.html#
Old 24th November 2014, 16:24   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered a Vim Liquid wash @ Re1. some 2 months back, from Amazon. Received it today !!
The thing came from Bilaspur with a shipping charge of Rs.49, prepaid by the shipper !

The Online Shopping Thread-20141124_161338.jpg
Old 24th November 2014, 17:31   #2541
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Where can I find ear muffs to buy online in India ?

Quality ones like the one shown below

http://www.fashionara.com/12a6kv7b915rucbmuffler.html#
I was also looking to buy something similar for my kid, and the only one I came across online was this,
http://www.amazon.in/gp/offer-listin...101069-7402357

Most of the others are mostly work area related and not for casual wear.
Old 24th November 2014, 18:20   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

I kept track of item in transit, as expected product arrived at destination on 22nd. Gati office called me saying there is a consignment in my name and they can't deliver to my home due to vehicle constraints. As I had to pass by Gati office, I queried about Package size just to confirm I can fit that in my car. I got a rude shock when he announced its 1X2 ft sir! What? a 50" TV in 3x2 ft box? I asked if he meant meter instead of foot but he said No!
Gati office and to my surprise it was a suitcase sized box and it had a small Philips TV inside it. I refused to accept delivery and called up customer care. Snapdeal said i need not accept the product and they will arrange reverse pick up from courier office and my money will be refunded once product reaches seller (TRUST PAY?)
I called my credit card company meantime and logged a dispute complaint too.
GOOD, that you didn't respond to the query over the Phone. But, I guess, they'd already hatched the Plan. You're very lucky, that you've used presence of mind over the Phone and the Package size.

Lot of horror stories are there on SNAPDEAL. Why didn't you take a Video and post it on Facebook? It happened to another Customer, who got a VIM Bar in place of a Mobile Phone - Obviously, it was SNAPDEAL again..
Old 24th November 2014, 18:31   #2543
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of complaints with regards to Amazon.

Just my two bits.
When ordering from Amazon, an item will have multiple vendors selling at different price points.
Always make sure to go for "Amazon Fulfilled".
It will be mentioned something as follows
Sold by xxxxx and fulfilled by amazon.

I have ordered multiple times from Amazon and have always been happy.
Except for once when their warehouse in bhiwandi had some issues in late October and my order was delayed by a couple of days.
Old 24th November 2014, 18:43   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Why didn't you take a Video and post it on Facebook?
I have taken pictures but not video. I will certainly bring it to public forums if Snapdeal fails to keep their words in refund. I don't know if its Snapdeal or dubious sellers who play such tricks but certainly not encouraging much for customers.
Old 24th November 2014, 21:00   #2545
BHPian

Had ordered Transcend DrivePro200 dashcam from Amazon.in on 21st Friday night. Superfast delivery by Delhivery, I received it today evening.
Checked it out quickly in my car. 1080p video quality and the 160 deg wide angle is super awesome.
Will post detailed review once I check it out leisurely coming Sunday.
Old 25th November 2014, 03:05   #2546
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Always make sure to go for "Amazon Fulfilled".
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Had ordered Transcend DrivePro200 dashcam from Amazon.in on 21st Friday night.
Checked it out quickly in my car. 1080p video quality and the 160 deg wide angle is super awesome.
Absolutely agree about the Amazon Fulfilled aspect. Many of their marketplace partners tend to save cost by using second class couriers and have no proper delivery and logistics systems in place. So the gap between likely date of delivery and actual date can be short or long - it is a whimsical process, rather like playing Russian Roulette with money for bullets!

Can you please share the price of this DashCam if you don't mind? I m beginning to think it is an essential to help tackle situations on our evil roads and even more evil fellow road users...
Old 25th November 2014, 07:10   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Can you please share the price of this DashCam if you don't mind? I m beginning to think it is an essential to help tackle situations on our evil roads and even more evil fellow road users...
Oh! Sorry in my excitement I missed to mention that. It costs Rs.9950/-.
I also ordered Transcend suction mount for Rs.540/-, since the one that comes in the box is of the 3M sticky type.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:43   #2548
BHPian

Is there an online store that sells lubes and greases and other auto parts? Fed up of trying to roam around for even finding a decent grease,and having to explain to the store guy what I'm looking for.
Old 25th November 2014, 10:37   #2549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is there an online store that sells lubes and greases and other auto parts? Fed up of trying to roam around for even finding a decent grease,and having to explain to the store guy what I'm looking for.
+1000! It will be great if anyone could suggest an Indian site. Always feel comfortable while shopping on an Indian site if they are genuine. Snapdeal does sells some spare parts, filters, lubes & tires though.
Old 25th November 2014, 11:50   #2550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

....After couple of days, I receive a call from a number which appeared to be a cellphone number, asking if I have placed any order via Snapdeal. As the person introduced himself as Snapdeal guy, I respond saying "You should know since you are from Sanpdeal". ....
I am curious: What could be his agenda? He is most likely someone calling on behalf of the seller?

Quote:
.....I drove all the way to Gati office and to my surprise it was a suitcase sized box and it had a small Philips TV inside it. I refused to accept delivery and called up customer care.

Indeed, this is shocking. Is the seller having poor ratings?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks