Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2013, 09:51   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

How authentic are the watches listed on these portals? I am keen on ordering one but experiences of members here where the products turned out to be less than satisfactory than the one available in the market outside.
Old 13th December 2013, 09:53   #1037
BHPian

Amazon is super fast. Ordered a book yesterday night@ 8 pm and today morning 9 am it is already shipped. Hope the delivery is equally quick. I like competition.
Old 13th December 2013, 11:40   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Amazon is super fast. Ordered a book yesterday night@ 8 pm and today morning 9 am it is already shipped. Hope the delivery is equally quick. I like competition.
I think, more than competition, it is mainly because of lower volumes compared to Flipkart at the moment. I hope they will scale up as numbers increase.
Old 13th December 2013, 12:02   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Careful with that. My wife saw a pair of shoes at Reebok store for Rs. 1800, selling (after Diwali discount) at Myntra for Rs. 1200. They lasted for about 35 days - the sole then came off. The "free return" period was also over, so it was a struggle sorting it out.
Is it possible that they might be selling off goods that are rejected by the stringent quality checks?

I'm not trying to draw any conclusion here, but during one casual conversation with my colleague he suggested that I can get Fila original tees from some factory near Metro in kanakapura Road. It is Fila's quality control division and they reject tees with even minute defects like slight dis-colouration at some small corner of the cloth. He has picked up 5-6 Fila tees by paying around 900 bucks.

Can it be the same case with Myntra and other online Indian retail giants?
Old 13th December 2013, 12:34   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Ordered couple of jeans from Snapdeal, got 30 percent off as gsof, also ordered a san disk 8 gb pen drive for 264/- bucks, including shipping and cod facility from amazon. Damn, I am loving this gsof.

Wish, they gave the same discount figure on car care products too
Old 13th December 2013, 13:18   #1041
BHPian

Anyone know of good deals on microwave ovens?
Looking for convection ones for around 6-8K
Old 13th December 2013, 13:57   #1042
BANNED

I just ordered some clothing stuff from Tradus (pre-paid). The email I received from Tradus doesn't mention the size of the Clothing article - when I go to my order history on the site, it doesn't mention the size. Is this normal for Tradus - I am a little worried because if later I receive the wrong size, I have no proof of the size I ordered. Their stupid "call to seller" button also doesn't work - it gives me a phone number to call but the call doesn't go through.

Last edited by carboy : 13th December 2013 at 14:00.
Old 13th December 2013, 14:20   #1043
BHPian

Purchased 32GB micro SD card (UHS1 / class 10 Sandisk) for 1299Rs on Amazon.in just now - Feels like a good deal. Comes with a SD Card adapter.
Old 13th December 2013, 14:26   #1044
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I just ordered some clothing stuff from Tradus (pre-paid). The email I received from Tradus doesn't mention the size of the Clothing article - when I go to my order history on the site, it doesn't mention the size. Is this normal for Tradus - I am a little worried because if later I receive the wrong size, I have no proof of the size I ordered. Their stupid "call to seller" button also doesn't work - it gives me a phone number to call but the call doesn't go through.
I have had a similar experience with Tradus. You will need to go social on them (facebook) to get the concerns heard.
Old 13th December 2013, 19:21   #1045
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I have had a similar experience with Tradus.
What do you mean? Did your invoice not mention the size or did you receive the wrong size?
Old 13th December 2013, 19:59   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys repeating my query. Is it safe to buy watches from Jabong? Really like a couple of them. Please tell fast before they run out of stock.
Yes you can. You can return the product if you can prove it as a fake or if its not as specified in their page.
My experience with Jabong,amazon and Flipkart has been very good.
Check the seller ratings plus feedback also.
Good luck.
Old 14th December 2013, 00:00   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok so finally took the decision and did quite a bit of shopping on Jabong today. Bought a Kenneth Cole watch, Juicy couture watch for sister, pair of Clarks boots, pair of Clarks loafers, Louis Philippe belt, pair of crocs and a pair of converse shoes for a friend. Have to admit its quite addicitng!
Old 15th December 2013, 08:31   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered the nexus 7 (2012) from flipkart for a family member. Usage is going to be basic.Felt at Rs 7999 it was great value for money as compared to other tablets inside 10K. Today the price has gone up to 8999.
Old 15th December 2013, 13:56   #1049
BHPian

Flipkart has introduced this new "In-a-day" guarantee.
Apparently, it allows customers placing their orders before 6pm to get it delivered to their preferred address the next business day for an additional cost of Rs. 90 per item by selecting the 'In-a-day Guarantee' option during checkout.

So I ordered a couple of items on Friday morning. Did not select the "In-a-Day" option. Mode of payment - COD as always.
Earlier, the products would have been delivered by Monday, without fail. It has always been the case with Flipkart.
Now, it says that the expected delivery date is by Wednesday.

So, in essence, Flipkart has increased the delivery time, and now wants to charge customers Rs 90/- extra for delivering stuff in a day or two, which they did earlier for no extra charge!!

Even if I ordered something on Monday morning, it would get delivered to Chennai by Wednesday morning for no extra charge before.
Just does not make any sense to me. If they had to speed up the delivery timelines, why screw up the existing model which delivers orders within 2 days anyways?
Old 15th December 2013, 18:39   #1050
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What do you mean? Did your invoice not mention the size or did you receive the wrong size?
No. I was referring to the useless call to seller button. Its better to contact tradus on facebook. I had received a defective product and had to go through the motions to get the refund.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks