Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 21:01   #946
BANNED

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Anyone ever shopped at dollsofindia.com - is it reliable?
Old 17th November 2013, 20:56   #947
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I used a different approach to achieve a similar result. Talk to the main courier aggregator guy at your place. The guys who send and receive couriers to/from endpoint courier guys.

They usually handle multiple courier companies. You can ask them to hold the parcel at the office and call you for collection. They will be happy to do so.
And if you're ordering something online, you can usually specify your preferred courier.
Asked around a few courier guys. None of them seemed to know anything of this kind. Anyone else know of any PO Box service which can accept parcels. I know the Post Office has it but only for letters not for packages (except possibly sent through the post office). There are business centers & virtual offices which provide this service but they are very expensive (they provide other services in the price). I am prepared to pay 500-1000 Rs per month or a per package cost for receiving and keeping courier packages which I can collect from them.
Old 17th November 2013, 21:47   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I am prepared to pay 500-1000 Rs per month or a per package cost for receiving and keeping courier packages which I can collect from them.
In my childhood days in small town Kerala, this was a value-added service offered by the local kirana store (he didn't want payment, just our entire month's order for groceries/FMCG/etc.). Maybe your neighbourhood has someone with whom you have such a relation?

In present-day Bangalore, the building security performs this role for me.

Edit: In case you want to ask "even CoD?" - my dad had used this service for VPP stuff he'd order from DC Books etc. He'd just leave sufficient money with the store guy.

Last edited by binand : 17th November 2013 at 21:50.
Old 18th November 2013, 08:44   #949
Senior - BHPian

First dent in my online buying experience.

Had got a gift card (Axis Bank) from Co for Diwali and decided to buy a Food Processor. Zeroed on Bajaj FX-10 model. Scoured the online website for the best deal and finally decided to buy it from Bajaj Electricals website only. Logged into the Bajaj online store and tried to order the item, however the transaction could not be completed due to reasons best known to Bajaj only. Horrified to know that the amount from the gift card was already debited. The chase with Bajaj guys began. The customer care noted the transaction time and date and promised to ask their back end IT team to find whether the amount was credited into Bajaj's account. I will be told about the same today or tomorrow.

What should I be ready for in case the amount is not credited to Bajaj?
Old 18th November 2013, 09:03   #950
Senior - BHPian

Your gift card should be refunded in 7-10 working days. You can check the balance again after a few days. Don't worry, you will get the money back.

And while on the topic of your purchase, I recommend you to purchase FX11. I am using FX10 for a long time now (since 2008!) and am planning to upgrade now to FX11 because of its more powerful motor.

Lastly, you should be able to get it in around 4k-4.5k max. How much are you getting it for?
Old 18th November 2013, 09:44   #951
BHPian

I have tried Flipkart , before moving to Homeshop18 & Indiatimes shopping as flipkart is expensive,
The customer care in Homeshop18 is good, I got my 64gbXDHC card replaced twice by the 3rd party seller.
However when I ordered a cordeless phone last month from Panasonic online store , panasonicphones.co.in I am yet to recieve the phone and its 4 weeks since I ordered it, so MNC's are not necessarily the best, numerous calls and Emails has not been responded by Panasonic, pathetic service.
Old 18th November 2013, 21:27   #952
BANNED

If you are shopping at a foreign site what happens when your stuff is stuck at customs or extra duty has to be paid. How do you get intimated about this & how is the payment done?
Old 18th November 2013, 22:12   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If you are shopping at a foreign site what happens when your stuff is stuck at customs or extra duty has to be paid. How do you get intimated about this & how is the payment done?
DHL/Fedex/UPS etc will pay the duty on behalf of you and collect the same from you at the time of delivery along with some processing fee - they will not even ask you if you want to pay the duty or not!!

If it is delivered through Indian Post - the post office will leave you an intimation regarding the duty to be paid - they will either collect the same from you and deliver the item or you'll have to go to the post office, pay the duty and collect your item. If the duty seems to be unjustified to you you can request the post office to send back the item to Customs where you can apply for recalculation of duty.

BTW I'm yet to pay any duty for items delivered through Indian post even for some costly items. But in case of DHL?Fedex they proactively paid Rs 400 as duty and collected Rs. 700 (Rs 300 was their processing charge a few years back) for a sample some ICs worth a few hundred Rs. which was actually sent by the manufacturer FOC.
Old 19th November 2013, 08:24   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
And while on the topic of your purchase, I recommend you to purchase FX11. I am using FX10 for a long time now (since 2008!) and am planning to upgrade now to FX11 because of its more powerful motor.
Calling up Bajaj customer care did prove successful as I was tiold that Bajaj have recd the credit and they gave me the order no. So expecting the delivery in 3-4 days time.
There is only one difference between FX10 & 11 i.e cocount scraper. However this doesnt serve the purpose as per online reviews. We already have one, hence opted for FX-10. I got it for Rs 4830/- whereas FX-11 costs Rs 4990/-. This calls for a discussion in the home appliance thread.
Old 20th November 2013, 11:10   #955
BHPian

Anyone has feedback on healthkart? http://www.healthkart.com/

Planning to buy tampons which are not available anywhere easily.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:45   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Anyone has feedback on healthkart? http://www.healthkart.com/

Planning to buy tampons which are not available anywhere easily.
I have ordered a lot from them. Their shipping is not super-quick, but they are reliable. They take around 3-4 days to deliver. I think you can safely order something like tampons from them.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:25   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post

I have ordered a lot from them. Their shipping is not super-quick, but they are reliable. They take around 3-4 days to deliver. I think you can safely order something like tampons from them.
Thanks, I have placed my order.
Since they offer COD, the risk is less.

Will give my feedback here after I receive the items.

Last edited by manim : 20th November 2013 at 15:27.
Old 21st November 2013, 23:17   #958
BHPian

Hey guys, looking for a Denon Network Music Player. Found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DENON-CEOL-n...item4acc3ea10d

It says the following:

International Buyers - Please Note

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.
These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional
costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or
when you pick the item up - do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.

Any comments on these? I had bought a phone from HK and was not charged anything. Cost ; $200. Here the cost is $470.
Old 21st November 2013, 23:32   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I had bought a phone from HK and was not charged anything. Cost ; $200. Here the cost is $470.
Just curious to know which phone is this? :-)
Old 21st November 2013, 23:59   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Just curious to know which phone is this? :-)
He probably means $470 for the product he's buying now. Check the link in the above post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks