Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 19:02   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I am planning to buy a DSLR and Homeshop18 currently has a 10% offer on cameras. Has anyone bought stuff from them before? Are they reliable?
They are extremely reliable. I have found their service better than flipkarts'.
Old 12th September 2013, 21:30   #797
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
I am planning to buy a DSLR and Homeshop18 currently has a 10% offer on cameras. Has anyone bought stuff from them before? Are they reliable?
Hey slightly off from your query, but did you check on ebay? I purchased mine from Ebay recently and it was an excellent price even without a coupon. Just check once before you go with homeshop18.
Old 13th September 2013, 00:57   #798

Quote:
I was in the same boat as you. Have been using Flipkart mostly and this was the first time with Homeshop18.

Took the plunge and ordered a D5200 on 9th, camera was delivered on 12th. In fact, got a call followed by an email from a "relationship manager" on 11th that the item has been shipped and to contact him in case required.

The other good thing is, seller is listed on nikon website as an authorized dealer.

So far so good
Old 13th September 2013, 05:42   #799
BHPian

Did you check the offer on Flipkart. I guess for 30k you get the body, accessories, memory stick and above all 2 lenses - 18/55 and 55/110 I guess. Check it out.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:54   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Hey slightly off from your query, but did you check on ebay? I purchased mine from Ebay recently and it was an excellent price even without a coupon. Just check once before you go with homeshop18.
Yes I did check eBay and ended up ordering from there itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarba View Post
I was in the same boat as you. Have been using Flipkart mostly and this was the first time with Homeshop18.
I was also looking for the D5200 and ended up ordering from eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Did you check the offer on Flipkart. I guess for 30k you get the body, accessories, memory stick and above all 2 lenses - 18/55 and 55/110 I guess. Check it out.
If that question was for me, then I guess you are referring to the Canon EOS1100D. I was looking out for the Nikon D5200 which was 2k more expensive on FK.
Old 13th September 2013, 17:32   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If that question was for me, then I guess you are referring to the Canon EOS1100D. I was looking out for the Nikon D5200 which was 2k more expensive on FK.
Also check out price at camshot.in before making your purchase. I have seen the best prices with them and they are really good.
Old 13th September 2013, 22:33   #802
BHPian

Products being listed at more than MRP on online websites

I was searching for a wireless mouse on Flipkart today. I zeroed in on Microsoft wireless mouse 4000. Flipkart quoted the MRP as Rs.2110, listed a 9% discount and the final price of the product came to Rs. 1904. The link to this is (Flipkart link)

Just before ordering, I decided to look around the other internet sites to check if there were any offers that would allow me to get the mouse at a cheaper price. I stumbled upon the Microsoft webpage and found that the MSRP of the mouse is only Rs. 1860!! The link is http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...ile-mouse-4000

Is this not illegal? Shouldn't Flipkart check such listings on their website where they quote more than the MRP suggested by the manufacturer? On discussing about this issue with my colleagues, I learnt that such listings have become common practice in many websites.
Old 13th September 2013, 23:23   #803
Senior - BHPian

Re: Products being listed at more than MRP on online websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I stumbled upon the Microsoft webpage and found that the MSRP of the mouse is only Rs. 1860!!
Its not MRP, but MSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Retailer may set any price.
Quote:
Shouldn't Flipkart check such listings on their website where they quote more than the MRP suggested by the manufacturer?
Well, isn't it the job of the buyer to check prices at 2 or 3 places and then decide where to buy? Why will a seller investigate and quote the least price?
Old 14th September 2013, 07:20   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Its not MRP, but MSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Retailer may set any price.
That's the point! Doesn't India still follow the MRP pricing model? I know that such pricing exists in other countries. Or is it that I missed some change in the pricing laws? I bought earphones from flipkart last week, the package I received clearly had the price in MRP and the manufacturer website also displayed that price. Isn't this practice of MSRP a violation of the laws of the land?
Old 17th September 2013, 12:07   #805
Senior - BHPian

I've had wonderful experiences buying from Flipkart, Homeshop18, Pepperfry, Infibeam etc.
All genuine stuffs from the above sites and reliable till now for me.
For products brought above 10K Rs from Homeshop18, relationship manager will get in touch with you.

Worst experience was from Naaptol, they shipped me wrong product twice, they don't have proper email communications. Thankfully they refunded the amount.
I'll avoid TRADUS, products priced well below the market rate, but the quality is not great at all. You get what you pay for.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:10   #806
BHPian

Guys; between Flipkart and ebay India, which is better in terms of gadgets (mobile/ cameras)?

Please suggest
Old 17th September 2013, 14:06   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Guys; between Flipkart and ebay India, which is better in terms of gadgets (mobile/ cameras)?

Please suggest
Dear Metropolis,
Between the 2 flipkart is better any day. Cost, service and return policy of Flipkart is much better compared to ebay.

Best,
Old 17th September 2013, 14:29   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Dear Metropolis,
Between the 2 flipkart is better any day. Cost, service and return policy of Flipkart is much better compared to ebay.

Best,
Not my assessment. Ebay has a very strict buyer protection policy. the only issue is the costs associated with Returns. I have found that Ebay is way quicker than FK now.

Cost - Again Ebay is better.

Return Policy - You need to pay for returns in ebay while FK will do it for free.

Genuine Products - You always need to buy from a high rated seller at EBay while FK has that thing sorted out for every product.

My assessment is if the item is less costly i.e. less than 10k, go for Ebay else FK.
Old 17th September 2013, 14:56   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Not my assessment. Ebay has a very strict buyer protection policy. the only issue is the costs associated with Returns. I have found that Ebay is way quicker than FK now.

Cost - Again Ebay is better.

Return Policy - You need to pay for returns in ebay while FK will do it for free.

Genuine Products - You always need to buy from a high rated seller at EBay while FK has that thing sorted out for every product.

My assessment is if the item is less costly i.e. less than 10k, go for Ebay else FK.
Dear Pratyush,
You say FK has better return policy, genuine products and for costly products Fk is good (Due to lesser risk I believe) and still suggesting ebay?

Coming back to cost, I think one should always compare the cost of the product across multiple sites before buying. I find cost at Flipkart always reasonable, at the same time you get "less risk attached factor".

But that does not mean ebay is bad. ebay still is one of the most trusted sites we have.

Best,
Old 17th September 2013, 15:57   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Dear Pratyush,
You say FK has better return policy, genuine products and for costly products Fk is good (Due to lesser risk I believe) and still suggesting ebay?

Coming back to cost, I think one should always compare the cost of the product across multiple sites before buying. I find cost at Flipkart always reasonable, at the same time you get "less risk attached factor".

But that does not mean ebay is bad. ebay still is one of the most trusted sites we have.

Best,

I have really bad experiences with FK of late. They literally take forever to deliver the products.

What I imply is if I am buying something that is available both on ebay and FK and it is relatively less priced, I will choose Ebay every time.
In my case I have even bought Cell Phones on EBay, 3 to be precise and all have been good and damn good deals as well.

By Return Policy I mean I really wont like to pay and return an item, hence FK clearly leads in that respect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks