Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 18:28   #781
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I am planning to buy a DSLR and Homeshop18 currently has a 10% offer on cameras. Has anyone bought stuff from them before? Are they reliable?
All my experiences dealing with Homeshop18 have been positive. I did get a few deviations from expected quality levels when I ordered non-branded stuff but I got the refund within few days. Smooth experience I would say!

Happy shopping

ps. Do check Flipkart and go for it if the price difference is not huge. Their '30-days no question asked' refund works like best in the industry.
Old 11th September 2013, 18:38   #782
BHPian

Can someone please explain to me how does this COD option works. I have ordered something from snapdeal, with payment option as COD. When the delivery happens, can I open and see the package to ensure that there are no damages before I make the payment? Can I refuse to accept the package after opening it (in case the product is damaged)?

Regards,
Old 11th September 2013, 18:45   #783
Team-BHP Support

10% would be off on MRP, which you may get anywhere else so do a double check.

Otherwise, I bought an iphone5 for my wife from Homeshop18. Very nice service, and I got an AWESOME deal as well
Old 11th September 2013, 18:47   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Can someone please explain to me how does this COD option works. I have ordered something from snapdeal, with payment option as COD. When the delivery happens, can I open and see the package to ensure that there are no damages before I make the payment? Can I refuse to accept the package after opening it (in case the product is damaged)?

Regards,
You can certainly check the package once it arrives at your door, however the process to return the shipment is different as you will have to log a call on the phone at the snapdeal office first and they will arrange for a pickup. Also they will tag the amount against your login so that you can utilise the same for future products purchases or replacements.
Old 11th September 2013, 18:56   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
You can certainly check the package once it arrives at your door, however the process to return the shipment is different as you will have to log a call on the phone at the snapdeal office first and they will arrange for a pickup. Also they will tag the amount against your login so that you can utilise the same for future products purchases or replacements.

However, SnapDeal gave me refund in bank account also. An order I placed could not be delivered due to remote location. I was given full refund in my bank account. This perhaps works only if you paid online and NOT CoD.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:11   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
So, you mean to say, even if the product is damaged I need to pay them off? I specifically selected COD so that I get protection against paying for damaged products :(

Regards,
Old 11th September 2013, 19:35   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
So, you mean to say, even if the product is damaged I need to pay them off? I specifically selected COD so that I get protection against paying for damaged products :(

Regards,
Well out of the 10-15 things I had ordered, only once it happened the product was damaged and they assisted us well in getting the product returned and reimburesing the amount against my id.

However please go ahead and check with snapdeal if you can return the same package if its damaged and choose not to pay against the damaged good.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:49   #788
BHPian

I ordered a small pressure cooker from pepperfry worth INR 1101. The delivered item had a chipped handle. I reported the same to pepperfry with snaps.
They replied back that the damage must have happened in transit they gave me 2 options-
1. I get it repaired locally and they will refund the cost to me upon prior approval or the repair quote.
2. I ship them the items back and scan and send them the courier receipt and upon receiving the shipment back they will refund the amount to my bank for the price I paid for the item plus INR 150 against shipping charges.

Clearly both the options are unacceptable to me-
1. I am not interested in getting it repaired. If I were so fond of visiting shops then I would have bought it from there rather than ordering online and paying for COD charges.
2. They may have their own shipping infracture or may have a negotiated shipping prices but for an individual retai lcustomer no one would ship a 3 KG consignment for INR 150. If they think INR 150 is a fair price for shipment why do they not use that money to arrange a reverse shipment from a courier compnay?

Also it can't be an intransit damage as the carton was intact. So it must have been a case of selling a damaged product itself.

Its nowhere near to the ebay's dispute redressal. Initially I thought that pepperfry is an online retailer but it actually is an online market place.
So beaware with high value transactions on this site.
Old 11th September 2013, 20:07   #789
BHPian

Few online purchases recently.

A. Team-BHP Keychain Set: Superfast Delivery. 3rd Day I got my consignment.
B. Kent Maxx Water Purifier: Fast Delivery. I received the parcel on 4th Day.
C. Jopasu - Large Combo Gift Pack (Rs. 1071/-): This time SnapDeal disappoints me! Ordered on 5th September. 6 days over. Not yet delivered! Waiting anxiously. Status remains "In Transit".
Old 11th September 2013, 22:51   #790
BHPian

Any experience with Flipkart's 3/6/9 month EMI option (with no processing fee - offer on some items) on specific credit cards? It is mentioned that, full amount is charged at first on the card and within 7 days, the amount is refunded and subsequently, every month, the EMI amount is charged to the card.

- How safe is it?
- Is there anything to worry about?
- Will the bank charge us anything extra? (nothing is mentioned on the Flipkart site)
- Any bad experiences with this EMI option from Flipkart?
Old 12th September 2013, 12:00   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Any experience with Flipkart's 3/6/9 month EMI option (with no processing fee - offer on some items) on specific credit cards? It is mentioned that, full amount is charged at first on the card and within 7 days, the amount is refunded and subsequently, every month, the EMI amount is charged to the card.

- How safe is it?
- Is there anything to worry about?
- Will the bank charge us anything extra? (nothing is mentioned on the Flipkart site)
- Any bad experiences with this EMI option from Flipkart?
I have used the EMI option a few times. Nothing went wrong. Extra charges if any will be mentioned on Flipkart.
Old 12th September 2013, 12:43   #792
BHPian

Over the last few months I have definately been upset with Fk's service. I buy a whole lot of things online, a lot from Indian sellers and also stuff from overseas online sellers.

FK used to have the best servcie and experience amongst the Indian players till a few months back. Now, it seems to be falling apart. The first time I faced an issue, it was a wrong item, which they replaced after 15 days with a wrong item again and finally issued a refund. The second time they promised 3 days delivery and then delivered after 6 and the third time they responded after 10 days that the item is not in stock. I realy dont know where it is headed anymore.
Old 12th September 2013, 12:49   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
A. Team-BHP Keychain Set: Superfast Delivery. 3rd Day I got my consignment.
I can vouch for this. In fact I got the set delivered the very nexy day. T-BHP rocks in this case.
Old 12th September 2013, 16:33   #794
Team-BHP Support

Having a tough time with Flipkart service.

Ordered a case for my S3. Delivered promptly in 4 days.

The case developed cracks within 3 of weeks of usage (no impact damage). I complained to Flipkart customer service, who refused to help citing their '10-day replacement warranty' policy. Fair enough, but the product also carries a 1-year manufacturing defect warranty, honored by seller. After much debate, they provided me the seller's contact info.

Now the seller is ready to replace the product, but they say they need to do it through the original sales channel (i.e. Flipkart), but Flipkart refuses to get involved citing they have no obligation to intervene outside their 10-day replacement window.

So I have a defective product, seller ready to replace it but Flipkart won't process it for them, effectively rendering the seller warranty impossible to claim.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th September 2013 at 16:35.
Old 12th September 2013, 19:00   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
ps. Do check Flipkart and go for it if the price difference is not huge. Their '30-days no question asked' refund works like best in the industry.
FK would have been my number 1 choice but the price difference is >2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
10% would be off on MRP, which you may get anywhere else so do a double check.
You are right, the 10% off was on the MRP but it was still working out cheaper than FK.

In the end I placed an order with eBay which had a listing for even less than HS18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks