Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 13:41   #1021
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

So far, I can see mobile are around Rs. 1000-2000 cheaper (in the 15-20K price range) than outside market rates.
Other than that, ebay has some 100 and 200 off discounts along with HDFC 15% cash back offer.
I have not found anything worthwhile to purchase, so for me, it has been a disappointment so far. But there are still two full days ahead. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:00   #1022
BHPian

Recently I bought a mobile from snapdeal as it was around 1.5 -2k cheaper than market price.
But the item was faulty as it was not connecting to any network. It has been more than a month that I am chasing and asking for a replacement . Still nothing happened .They advertise heavily on trustpay and 7 day replacement .This is one of the worst experience I had when buying from online.
Ebay is far better in complaint resolution.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:28   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am reliably informed that Flipkart plans to offer a flat 20% off on all electronics. Starting at midnight tonight. As an instance this means one can get an iPad mini at Rs 16K whereas it normally costs about 21K.
No idea how they are able to afford such a deep discount on electronics though.
It looks like a gimmick to me. Saw your post and ran to buy an ipad but it doesn't have any discounts and is still listed for 21k. Infact most of the useful stuff is not at any considerable discount over and above the market price .
Old 11th December 2013, 16:06   #1024
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It looks like a gimmick to me. Saw your post and ran to buy an ipad but it doesn't have any discounts and is still listed for 21k. Infact most of the useful stuff is not at any considerable discount over and above the market price .

Sorry mate for the inadvertent misinformation! My colleague who is a hardcore internet junkie told me this and I just repeated it here.
Even I was rather disappointed when blundering about online last night and early this morning. No real deals of great interest.
Another thing, is it just me or has flipkart pulled off the entire TV category from their web site?
Old 11th December 2013, 16:49   #1025
BHPian

Sofa recliners sale on fab furnish:

http://www.fabfurnish.com/catalog/?q=Sofa%20Recliners

There is a flat 30% off on the final price. I am not sure if these prices were artificially increased before the sale.

Appreciate if someone could throw light on a good recliner.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 11th December 2013, 16:55   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Sorry mate for the inadvertent misinformation! My colleague who is a hardcore internet junkie told me this and I just repeated it here.
Even I was rather disappointed when blundering about online last night and early this morning. No real deals of great interest.
Another thing, is it just me or has flipkart pulled off the entire TV category from their web site?
flipkart removed them all together (TV, large home appliances, home theaters). May be because of less margin and delivery issues. Also in recent days flipkart started giving discount just by increasing the price and then give the discount/exchange. Still they are the cheapest in mobile/laptops/cameras than the physical retail shops. And only reliable online store. In India real online shopping benefit, like Amazon.com for US, is still a distant dream.
Old 11th December 2013, 17:36   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Sofa recliners sale on fab furnish:

http://www.fabfurnish.com/catalog/?q=Sofa%20Recliners

There is a flat 30% off on the final price. I am not sure if these prices were artificially increased before the sale.

Appreciate if someone could throw light on a good recliner.

Rgds,
Vinod
With 30% discount Elmwood Boston One Seater Recliner in FabFurnish looks good and comes to ~25K. Last year I was looking for the same sort of items, didn't buy though and found them being priced between 19000 - 24000. This year there could be a price increase not sure. I saw them in HyperCity (Whitefield), Home Town (Marketcity) and Lifestyle Home Store (Sony signal). There was difference in leather quality in different stores and that's the reason for price difference, but don't remember the name of the brands now, but the one in Hypercity had best feel and priced around 22K. So cannot say this discount is genuine or hype.
Old 11th December 2013, 18:36   #1028
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
And only reliable online store. In India real online shopping benefit, like Amazon.com for US, is still a distant dream.
On the contrary, do view bestylish.com and Myntra because there are genuine good deals there. Same with Tradus and Shopclues.

Don't forget Ethoswatches because there are some really attractive prices there as well!

I like flipkart a lot and but lots of books and things from them. They give excellent service and after sales care too is good.
Old 12th December 2013, 00:56   #1029
BHPian

Ordered one Nokia Lumia 520 Black for Rs. 7039/- (perhaps that was the last - amazon fulfilled - from that seller. Now it is Rs.8450/-from another seller) and one Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SDXC card for Rs. 2699/- both from amazon.in. I think it is a good deal, thanks to GOSF.
Old 12th December 2013, 12:01   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered a screenguard from Amazon.in for my phone. They were the cheapest.

Got the parcel delivered this morning at 9 AM. Had received an email early in the morning, that you would get delivery and then received another email at 10 that the order has been delivered. I am very impressed with the tracking and the updates.
Old 12th December 2013, 12:05   #1031
Senior - BHPian

There are some good deals on books at Amazon India and Flipkart. I've ordered Discovery of India from Amazon for Rs.325, delivery free.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 12th December 2013, 13:24   #1032
BHPian

Ordered three tops for my wife, and a hat for my use from Myntra. Original bill amount was around 1600 bucks. But after discount it came up to about 1100 bucks. Pretty good deal.

Wifey showed a top in Myntra which costed 650 bucks. She purchased the same top from Reliance Trends a month back for 999 bucks.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:53   #1033
BHPian

Purchased 4 kurtis for my wife from Jabong yesterday.
4000+ was the actual price.Got a flat 40% on it.
One of the kurtis arrived today already
Old 12th December 2013, 14:37   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Wifey showed a top in Myntra which costed 650 bucks. She purchased the same top from Reliance Trends a month back for 999 bucks.
Careful with that. My wife saw a pair of shoes at Reebok store for Rs. 1800, selling (after Diwali discount) at Myntra for Rs. 1200. They lasted for about 35 days - the sole then came off. The "free return" period was also over, so it was a struggle sorting it out.
Old 12th December 2013, 15:01   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

The prices are going up and down on the online portals. Have been tracking the Samsung Galaxy S Duos. Cheapest listing today was Rs8400 from Flipkart. Then noticed Infibeam had dropped price on it and it was available at the same price. All this time Amazon was at 9600. Decided to order from Infibeam. Had some other work and when I checked a couple of hours later, Infibeam was out of stock and Flipkart had raised to 9500 again. 10 min back again I checked, Flipkart has dropped to Rs 8500 again. At the same time Amazon dropped price to Rs 8100 with 1 unit left in stock message. Immediately ordered it. Now its back to 9600.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks