Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 13:26   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: "booking.com" Is it safe?

Booking.com is reliable. A couple of friends have been regular users.
Old 9th November 2012, 13:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

We used booking.com for all our corporate travel earlier and it always has worked and never had any problems, so you can safely go ahead and use it. I have used it a few times for booking hotels in India too.

The intuitive and easy search and display of results make it a pleasure to use.
Old 9th November 2012, 13:50   #288
BHPian

Be aware of the policy on cancellation charges. It differs for each hotel.

Also remember, while your credit card will not be debited at the time of booking, the amount will be blocked for the hotel and it takes up to one month for the block to be released.

Other than this, its all good.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:26   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

2nd time flipkart gave a smile on my face. Ordered portable 3g wireless router and got it delivered in 3 days. Of course the price is cheapest among other online vendors.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:34   #290
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have any issue with the ebay online transaction. Pls let me know what needs to be done next to ome out of this issue.

I have ordered an item Samsung Galaxy S Duos mobile phone from ebay online portal.

The issue is the payment is stuck in gateway itself and it has not been processed. The amount of Rs.16k has been debited on my credit card on 07.11/2012 at 16.53 hrs. But from ebay side, I have not got any confirmation in mail or on my mobile on the successful transaction.

I have contacted my bank (HDFC Bank-Credit cards division) and they have confirmed that an amount of Rs.16100.39 has been debited in my account and need to contact ebay for further processing.

The bank has also given me the authorization code for this transaction and I have passed this to ebay and have asked them to process with the authorization code.

I had contacted their customer care and they are informing that it will take 48-72 hours to know whether I will get back the amount or the item will be processed. Today is already 2nd day and still no sign of their representative calling me on the same which I was informed during my discussions with them that they will resolve the issue within 72 hours.

I'am totally in a fix on this whole transaction.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:46   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar
Hi, I have any issue with the ebay online transaction. Pls let me know what needs to be done next to ome out of this issue.

I have ordered an item Samsung Galaxy S Duos mobile phone from ebay online portal.

The issue is the payment is stuck in gateway itself and it has not been processed. The amount of Rs.16k has been debited on my credit card on 07.11/2012 at 16.53 hrs. But from ebay side, I have not got any confirmation in mail or on my mobile on the successful transaction.

I have contacted my bank (HDFC Bank-Credit cards division) and they have confirmed that an amount of Rs.16100.39 has been debited in my account and need to contact ebay for further processing.

The bank has also given me the authorization code for this transaction and I have passed this to ebay and have asked them to process with the authorization code.

I had contacted their customer care and they are informing that it will take 48-72 hours to know whether I will get back the amount or the item will be processed. Today is already 2nd day and still no sign of their representative calling me on the same which I was informed during my discussions with them that they will resolve the issue within 72 hours.

In such cases you probably have to wait or you can write another mail to them.No chances of loosing the money. Its just a matter of time. All you can do is wait :( .
I waited once for 7 working days but eventually got the refund in my icici bank a/c as i paid using netbanking. But credit card refunds are processed faster.
Old 9th November 2012, 22:46   #292
BHPian

Bad experience with FutureBazaar.com

Thought of sharing my latest experience from FutureBazaar.com with everyone here:

I ordered a hand-held blender since I had got a 150Rs off coupon from SCB. The shipment itself took more than a week to be delivered (after shipping) from Thane. Every day, Aramex used to fake a delivery attempt by updating status as "Attempted delivery/Customer not present". Raising a complaint on their website too had no affect. Complaining to FutureBazaar.com customer support was futile as I just got a polite message saying it will be delivered.

So, after a week of waiting for the package to travel 10kms (from Aramex BLR HO to our home), I end up with a badly squeezed package. With less hope, I open it to see the plastic jar broken inside. In addition, the chopping blade itself was missing.

Upon complaining to FutureBazaar, they suggest, I go to the market and buy the missing item & broken myself and they would give me some discount coupon instead. Else, I am offered the honor of going to a nearby bigbazaar outlet and depositing this damaged item and collect acknowledgement and inform them so that they can initiate the refund process.

I was outraged with these suggestions. Firstly, something purchased new, should be new & in perfect condition. If not, they should replace it. Their response saying go & buy parts from market enraged me. If I was doing that, I would've purchased the blender itself from the market (more or less at the same price). Secondly, go and deposit at a Bigbazaar near by which was really irritating for me. Also, I seriously suspect that they have shipped me some returned package, considering that the chopping blade itself is missing. Also, the instructions sheet inside is torn. All in all, the packaging (product box), plastic inside, torn manual, missing blade, broken jar gives me an impression that this is not a fresh item (pre-opened box).

I have written back to them to arrange for a reverse pickup (like how all other e-retailers do) and arrange for a replacement or refund.

Looking on their FB page, it contains complaints from the customers which are similar to what I have listed.

Waiting for the feedback from them now.

PS: A friend recently had a similar issue with them. He wanted to pursue it but just let go of it because he was lazy (claiming he has higher priorities than chase these guys).

Last edited by null : 9th November 2012 at 22:53. Reason: edit
Old 10th November 2012, 09:23   #293
Senior - BHPian

I used Infibeam to order the Dilbert 2013 desk calendar. I ordered on 29th Oct, and as stated on their site, they shipped it on 6th Nov and was delivered on 9th at my home. Good experience. Those with ICICI Bank debit / credit cards get 10% flat discount on Infibeam.

In other news, check out offers at Homeshop 18. The Galaxy SII white going for 22999/-. The offer for Note II will go live in a few hours. Expect it to be priced in the region of 33-34K.
http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...philips-parker
Disclaimer: The link is taken from Homeshop 18's site. I get daily offers on my email. Not associated with the site in any way, nor have I used their services..
Old 10th November 2012, 18:47   #294
BHPian

Had a bad experience with the online mobile recharge website: www.mobikwik.com

Firstly, did a credit card transaction which did not go through so landed up with a credit in my account registered with them. Then after a few days, couple of transactions belonging to someone else were deducted from my account. Emailed and called their support team for help, but none helped.

Very unprofessional behavior. Strictly avoid dealing with these guys.
Old 12th November 2012, 13:20   #295
Senior - BHPian

Re: Greendust.com :: Online Retail Store for Discounted merchandise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In fact I will going to the Mumbai branch today evening to check out a washing Machine
Had gone to Greendust Mumbai Sakinaka branch to have a look at an LG washing machine. The store is small and fully cramped with washing machines, fridges, oven, TV's. The store stocks LG (mostly), Electrolux, Sansui etc products.

The LG product I was interested was in a bad shape, had nicks all over with a major dent at the rear. I was offered for Rs 18K which costs around 29K for a brand new one. Rejected it out right. I was told there were 3 pieces available on sale but actually found only one. Saw some fridges in absolutely fantastic condition, one cannot detect the dent unless seen with a lens. Even the TV's there looked aboslutely VFM buys.

Only grouse is apart from 1 yr guarentee from Green dust no other gurantees offered.

Last edited by ghodlur : 12th November 2012 at 13:21.
Old 12th November 2012, 13:38   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Then after a few days, couple of transactions belonging to someone else were deducted from my account. Emailed and called their support team for help, but none helped.
While dealing with new or unknown site, its good idea to use VCC (Virtual Credit Card). Advantage is the card is for one-time use & the maximum amount can be fixed.
Old 12th November 2012, 14:32   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post

You need to keep following up with the bank and ebay. On a separate note most of my online transactions using HDFC credit didnt go smoothly. Either the transactions fail or I ended up in the same situation as yours.
ICICI is the best when it comes to online transactions and I started using CITI too.
Old 16th November 2012, 09:57   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Booking.com is reliable. A couple of friends have been regular users.
I second this.
I used booking.com for a hotel at Chennai when I had to go with my son for an entrance exam. The hotel turned out to be pretty gross, with leaky toilets, so many bedbugs that I spent a sleepless night. Needless to say we checked out early morning and found another hotel. When I complained to Booking.com, they initiated a refund, and I got the entire amount credited to my account in two weeks.
Old 16th November 2012, 10:14   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Raise a formal complaint / dispute on eBay for the transaction and with your bank/credit card company.

It would take a couple of days for the charges to be reversed but better to send them your complaint in written form via email or regd. post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I was outraged with these suggestions. I have written back to them to arrange for a reverse pickup (like how all other e-retailers do) and arrange for a replacement or refund.
Quote:
For all bad transactions which the merchant is trying to wrestle out of his accountability, you can lodge a complaint with your bank if you have used a credit card or any other payment method.

I had such an issue earlier and i had used my Citibank Credit Card. I called customer care and they asked me to download this form and send it to them along with an email and a scanned copy of the form attached with the email. An investigation follows which can take up to 3 months and if it is found the customer was charged wrongly all charges are reversed with no additional fees. Originally the billed amount also is blocked and one does not have to pay since the investigation is under progress.

If at all the decision goes against the customer, then the charges are billed with a nominal fee of 100 bucks for the investigation process.

The form can be downloaded on the citi website here.

Check with your bank / credit card provider for details and more information.
Old 16th November 2012, 10:41   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When doing Online recharges, its better to always go through the Mobile service provider's website. They are more reliable than any other third party sites. An equally reliable option will be the online banking sites. I have an Axis and ICICI bank account and have done numerous online recharge transactions. Not one problem to date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks