Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 03:39   #256
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Need a little advice here.

I ordered an iPad Wifi + 4G on HomeShop18 on 29th Jul'12 in a Superdeal at Rs. 33k. HS18 was to deliver the product withing 8-9 days. It is already 2 weeks and post numerous reminders they now state that the product would be delivered around the 20th of Aug'12.

The merchant name is Cart2India. I wasn't aware that HS18 also operates like ebay.

Questions:
1) I haven't read particularly great reviews about Cart2India. If there is any damage to product or if the product is any different from the one ordered, who would be responsible Cart2India or HS18?
2) If Cart2India is shipping from US, then would the warranty be valid in India? The website of HS18 says One year Manufacturers warranty.

I am confused if I should wait for the product or just cancel and purchase the iPad off the shelf. Just thinking too much considering the rather unpleasant experience over the last 2 weeks with HS18.

Last edited by amit_2025 : 12th August 2012 at 03:48.
Old 12th August 2012, 03:47   #257
BHPian

Re: Question: Review of online electronics stores

I ordered an iPad Wifi +v4G on HomeShop18 on 29th Jul'12 in a Superdeal at Rs. 33k. HS18 was to deliver the product withing 8-9 days. It is already 2 weeks and post numerous reminders they now state that the product would be delivered around the 20th of Aug'12.

The merchant name is Cart2India. I wasn't aware that HS18 also operates like ebay.

Questions:
1) I haven't read particularly great reviews about Cart2India. If there is any damage to product or if the product is any different from the one ordered, who would be responsible Cart2India or HS18?
2) If Cart2India is shipping from US, then would the warranty be valid in India? The website of HS18 says One year Manufacturers warranty.

I am confused if I should wait for the product or just cancel and purchase the iPad off the shelf. Just thinking too much considering the rather unpleasant experience over the last 2 weeks with HS18.

P.S - Mods, I posted this on the "Would you buy online thread" as well. Please delete wherever inappropriate.
Old 13th August 2012, 13:05   #258
Senior - BHPian

Another positive experience with flipkart.
Had bought a Logitech wireless mouse last week and it was delivered on Friday the 10th. Found some scratches on the mouse and called the customer care right away and asked for a replacement. Today morning (Monday 13th), I got the replacement, no questions asked.
Old 13th August 2012, 13:08   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a take on Infibeam.
If all goes well, you will have a good experience.
Its quick and cheap.
But heaven help you if something goes bad.

It did for me.
I have been trying for resolution for the past 2 months now, and NOTHING has happened.
If you can match the price and product on some other portal, go with that.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:44   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

I ordered an iPad Wifi +v4G on HomeShop18 on 29th Jul'12 in a Superdeal at Rs. 33k. HS18 was to deliver the product withing 8-9 days. It is already 2 weeks and post numerous reminders they now state that the product would be delivered around the 20th of Aug'12.

Questions:

P.S - Mods, I posted this on the "Would you buy online thread" as well. Please delete wherever inappropriate.
Bumping up the thread. Any insight on prior shopping experience with Cart2India would be good.
Old 13th August 2012, 17:06   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Guys, never buy anything from snapdeal.com. Their return policy is horrible (48 hours) and their customer service is quite the worst amongst all of them out there.
Thinking of taking them to consumer court.
When I simply asked them the status of my complaint on twitter , they simply blocked me from their page.
They might be okay for coupons and stuff, but never ever buy products from them.
On the other hand, I had a fantastic response to my complaint. I ordered for a Gillette shaving gel and while I unpacked, to my horror, the expiry/mfg date was scrapped off. Sent an email and got an immediate response asking me to forward a photo of the same. Within a few hours of doing so, I got another mail that they will credit the amount to my snapdeal account and that I can use it to buy any other merchandise/services, what's more, they asked me to keep the Gel too.
Old 10th October 2012, 14:46   #262
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking about buying a basic digital watch for myself, and thought of giving tradus.com a try. Apart from Bazinga [post # 196], has anyone on the forum tried them yet? Any feedback at all?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 10th October 2012 at 14:48.
Old 10th October 2012, 17:16   #263
BHPian

Have been buying online for a long time now, my favorite is ebay.co.in, before this I have also done some shopping on Indiatimes, now in the recent times I find Flipkart to be quite competitive in prices and also not forgetting Dell. Infibeam has some good prices for External hard drives.
Old 10th October 2012, 17:42   #264
BHPian

I have had pleasant experiences with eBay, indiatimes shopping,Flipkart etc. However the tradus.in experience was horrible. I purchased a screen guard and realized that I have selected the wrong phone model. Immediately cancelled the order, I got an email that somebody will contact me and would help me change the order. Nobody contacted me and their phone was never picked up.

Meanwhile the vendor shipped the order, I returned the courier and contacted the vendor. He said he cannot do anything about it. He will not ship the correct screenguard and no refund as well. Tradus is a bogus website cheating people. Try contacting their customer service, you will never get through.
Old 11th October 2012, 09:20   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a good experience with below websites

1) Letsbuy (Flipkart)
- Laptop accessories
- Memory cards (for mobile & camera)

2) Rediff shopping
- Car care products
- DVD Player & Home theater
- Dress
- Camera Tripod

3) Infibeam

- LCD TV

4) Vicky.in
- Car care products
- Car cover

Out of this delivery is prompt in Rediff & Flipkart.
Old 11th October 2012, 09:23   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
However the tradus.in experience was horrible.....Tradus is a bogus website cheating people. Try contacting their customer service, you will never get through.
Thank you very much for the feedback. I think I'll stick to Flipkart or a brick & mortar shop!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th October 2012, 10:48   #267
BANNED

The issue is that in a smaller place you do not have much option. However, some states like WB, UP and even MP have restrictions on 'imports' without a permit, however small packages come through with no problems.
Old 11th October 2012, 14:06   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I'm thinking about buying a basic digital watch for myself, and thought of giving tradus.com a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
However the tradus.in experience was horrible. I purchased a screen guard and realized that I have selected the wrong phone model. Immediately cancelled the order, I got an email that somebody will contact me and would help me change the order. Nobody contacted me and their phone was never picked up.
I have ordered few items from tradus. Once their dealer sent the wrong size. I used their online form to submit a complaint. After few weeks, the dealer asked to send the package back (no cost) and then he refunded the amount. I realized that it was cheaper for him to refund instead of shipping again the right size, which he had in stock.
So tradus is dependent on the whims of the dealer. ebay is better in this respect of enforcing rules & contracts.

I had ordered a pen drive from Naaptol (only due to an offer on Kotak card). It seems that the courier company had shipped to wrong address. I have escalated to both Naaptol & Aramex. Let me check how they will resolve this.

Just found something about infibeam.com. Till yesterday, infibeam had cheapest price for Panasonic TH-P42ST50D (Rs 79,999). Today the price is Rs 90,199, increase of 10,200. Found that they have launched Cash for Junk scheme, with 10% off on all items.
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:34   #269
BHPian

What's everyone's take on the amazon India website..aka junglee.com. I wanted to order a outdoor barbecue grill set. The cost was 700 Rupees. But the shipping was 1200 rupees. Hence I decided not to purchase it. Is it true that the cost of the product is less than the shipping. Then most people wouldn't shop from there unless they are desperate in getting the item that is not available here but available abroad.
I like flip kart a lot. Have experienced no problems in their delivery. It's complete piece of mind when they have the option of cash on delivery. They keep updating you via email.
But the Indian websites should cater to more varieties of products. Stuff that you don't normally get in shops should also be available for purchase online. That makes it more fun and interesting to search. For instance the The international websites have so much more to offer including combos etc. maybe I have not searched and have become to domesticated to just using flip kart.
Old 30th October 2012, 16:57   #270
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday i ordered a soft case for the yet to be launched in india iPhone 5 through http://www.dailyobjects.com/ Today its delivered! Under 24 hours and excellent packing, delivery process etc! Might impressed and thought of sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks