Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 17:30   #376
BHPian

Re: Spice Jet Big Sale on tickets is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Spicejet is offering a big sale on tickets from 11th to 13th Jan 2013. Over 10 lakhs seats are available
Seems everyone is on it ,tried booking hyd-del return tickets.

The bookings wont go through ,all it throws up is 'we are experiencing heavy bookings and cannot proceed right now'
Old 11th January 2013, 19:55   #377
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Seems everyone is on it ,tried booking hyd-del return tickets.

The bookings wont go through ,all it throws up is 'we are experiencing heavy bookings and cannot proceed right now'

Yes and it is irrirating as well not because I want to book their cheapo ticket, but want to check their timings and fares for an urgent travel coming up.... And a for the last four hours the server says too busy try later..!!! These guys dont realise the damage they are inflicting on themselves... to sell their cheapo tickets they are turning away a lot of short notice high value bookings else where...

Some of SpiceJets competitors I have a feeling are indeed smiling a lot today.... thanks to the Spice Jet server crash....
Old 13th January 2013, 13:36   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Is there any way to know if the parcel has reached India?
The parcel reached my home yesterday afternoon, while I was out. I came back by midnight and saw it, and did a few somersaults in my mind! Unpacked, went through the user guide and charged up the receiver and the pen, and scribbled a couple of lines and stored them on the receiver.

Today morning fired up everything, installing the software, running the training program and using the pen as a mouse. Everything working well and I think I am ready to post a review soon.
Old 14th January 2013, 23:38   #379
BANNED

Tried bigbasket. And they delivered as they promised and everything was fine. Will be using it regularly from now. Also will try fruits/vegetables atleast once to see how good or bad those are.
Old 15th January 2013, 10:29   #380
BHPian

Bought a mobile on Flipkart last week.
Placed the order on Friday (9+pm) ans it was delivered on Monday morning (11 am).
Packaging looks good. Nice!
Old 15th January 2013, 15:40   #381
Team-BHP Support

Dealing with online fraud - My experience with timtara.com

Whenever I shop online, I check for reviews on a hundred different websites. However, when the Google online shopping festival was running "gosf.in", I sent all intelligence and wisdom I have to a vacation, and ordered a phone from Timtara.com without checking the reviews.

It was only after I ordered, I checked the reviews, and I was horrified. But since the company is in NCR region, I decided to give them their 3 weeks and wait.

But 3 weeks came and went, and my phone was nowhere in sight.
I visited their office, and I was given the excuse "tomorrow".
Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

Tomorrows came and went, but excuses stayed

"Your shipment started from bombay, but our truck got impounded"
"My leg broke, I could not send you tracking number"
It was then I relaized that their customer care officer is a prodigy who types with his toes.
"MY mother ate your phone, we are waiting for her to go to toilet"....

One month came and went, and I had had enough. Luckily, my order was through credit card, so I filed a dispute with the CC company, and should credit the money back soon.

This cost me 100rs as new card fee, 100rs punishment for being stupid.
I even contacted their CEO through linkedin. A gentleman by the name of Arindam bose
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/arindam-bose/18/843/6a5

But they seem to be very thick skinned, and are only interested in stalling.
So hopefully, with a CC dispute I should get my money back.

Meanwhile, let this be a warning, never buy without checking reviews!
Old 15th January 2013, 15:46   #382
BHPian

Re: Dealing with online fraud - My experience with timtara.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
One month came and went, and I had had enough. Luckily, my order was through credit card, so I filed a dispute with the CC company, and should credit the money back soon.
I'm keen to know whether your bank allows chargeback. Have you filled up the chargeback sheet and sent to them? The LAST time I shopped on rediff, I had an idiot send me a Chinese gaming kit, when I had ordered a universal remote. I asked Citibank for chargeback, they refused since I performed the transaction (genuine transaction).
Old 15th January 2013, 15:51   #383
BANNED

I might have faced something similar except the vendor was removed by eBay before I placed my order. Maybe eBay, with the policy of paying up only after delivery is safer!! I am wondering what would have happened if I had ordered and then the chap was delisted.
Old 15th January 2013, 15:54   #384
BHPian

Lucky you
But how is this possible that you do a genuine transaction and bank takes care of your carelessness ?
I had a smiliar case with my Dad's SBI card and they denied upfront asking me to file a CC dispute but expect the least as this was a deliberately done online transaction with all details keyed in correctly.

Pls throw some light.

Thanks.
Old 15th January 2013, 16:06   #385
Team-BHP Support

When I asked for dispute, they said that since I have done the transaction, they cannot do a chargeback, but I insisted and they agreed. I guess, since in such cases, bank needs to do legwork(verify whether the complaint is genuine etc.,) they try ti dissuade you.

My credit card if Standard Chartered. I had read online that a guy with citibank credit card also did a dispute for timtara, and go the money back.

I am ready with all mails from their side, as well as my transaction id and etc., Bank usually gives you your money back first and then starts investigating. In case they feel complaint is fraud, they will take back the money from your card, and also impose a service fee.
Old 15th January 2013, 16:06   #386
BHPian

In case of Amazon and eBay (outside India), you can complain and they give refund. They deal with the seller separately. They want to ensure customer satisfaction and ensure that they come back to shop.

RBI has mandated 2-factor authentication for all online transactions; to safeguard sellers and cardholders. Amazon (junglee.com) was not keen on this and they were ready to take the liability. Most Indian sellers were not so customer friendly. I'm not sure of the current condition.

Other than these, banks outside India have different reasons for raising chargebacks, including non-delivery of goods, deficiency of services, etc. Again, this does not exist in India (as far as I know). If the transaction is genuine, banks wash their hands off and it is the responsibility of the cardholder to trace the evasive seller and deal.
Old 15th January 2013, 16:13   #387
BHPian

What i understand after reading the above posts is that its completely at the bank's descrition (in India) and there is nothing like "RIGHT TO GET REFUND" that may exists elsewhere.
In our country e-commerce is still at a nascant stage but is growing at a steady pace. I hopy when it starts generating volumnes as in the U.S, we can also expect some liability from the seller or the bank. Till then, its all luck.

Thanks for the info BTW.
Old 15th January 2013, 16:19   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I might have faced something similar except the vendor was removed by eBay before I placed my order. Maybe eBay, with the policy of paying up only after delivery is safer!! I am wondering what would have happened if I had ordered and then the chap was delisted.
I had this case of ordering and later the seller getting delisted in ebay. I got the refund in this case too. I think ebay is safer.
Old 15th January 2013, 16:26   #389
BANNED

Similar thing happened to my office assistant when he ordered his Micromax Superfone Canvas A100 way back in September '12.

After several failed attempt (September to Mid October)he approached me for help and to recover Rs.8999/- which is big money at his level.

Things to do for recovering :

1. Call them and cancel the order first citing reason for non delivery of item and ask for refund. They will come with alternate option but don't opt for it and insist refund. Take a note of whom you have spoken and the reference number.

2. You need to talk to the executive and his/her superior politely every time but firmly and keep all the reference numbers first.

3. They will give time line for refund on which regularly followup. If the deadline date is over and no money came then only use the 4th step below.

4. Lastly tell them that you are going to file a case in cyberpolice wing for online fraud.

The guy finally got back his money to his account (he used his debit card) after 7-10 working days (End October 2012).

Numbers: 0135 3051500, 6670700
Attached Images

Old 15th January 2013, 17:46   #390
BHPian

I am facing the same situation with a reputed company called Bata.

Caution if you are purchasing anything from www.bata.in

Their facebook pages are just a complaint board. See them here at www.facebook.com/BataIndia

22nd October - Ordered a shoe using credit card.

*no response to my emails or updates from them untill 10th Nov*

10th November - Got a call from them acknowledging my emails sent on Oct 25th and confirmed that product will be shipped that week.

18th November - Got a email saying the order has been cancelled with a message ordered item is out of stock.

19th November - I request them to cancel the order and issue the refund.

I have been sending emails almost once in two days asking for the refund status however today its Jan 15th and still I have not received the refund.

how can i get back my money?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks