Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:47   #1876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
UPDATE: The package finally did arrive after numerous calls and follow ups. I expected worse, so can't say I am disappointed. Another positive thing is, they didn't ask me to collect it from their office. They brought it home. So am gonna buy again.

One question to Kerala/TVM folks here, in Kerala do you have the custom of tipping delivery boys?

Attachment 1294738
I am based at Kochi and I buy regularly from online sites. I never tip delivery boys.. I do not think there is a need for that. They are paid to do that
Old 3rd October 2014, 20:08   #1877
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
What is with eBay?

Transaction status:
* Your PaisaPay payment was approved on 25-Sep-14
The seller is required to:
* Ship the item latest by 13-Oct-14
* Ensure the item is delivered to you within 10 days after shipping.

So according to their data, an item ordered on 25-Sep, can be delivered on 23-Oct.

In what age are they living?

BTW, the current status is 'To be shipped', even after 2 days. Item is a book. I went to eBay because I had some coupons.
eBay is no longer worth it, earlier there weren't any options but nowadays even newer e-commerce sites are better than it. Their customer service is by far the worst.
In most cases, the prices on Amazon and Flipkart are lower(I guess even with coupons).
Old 4th October 2014, 19:36   #1878
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
My first online buy from Trivandrum is on infibeam.com. I had positive experiences with infibeam earlier. This one is still in transit for a week (courier is GATI), with an assured delivery date of 19th Sep. Today is 24th. Am not in a real hurry as this is a test buy - 600 rupee power bank.
I had ordered Abro Car Shampoo on Infibeam on August 24th and I did not get the items even after 2 weeks, got the order cancelled and reordered @ Autofresh,
Had to wait for 5 weeks to get refund from Infibeam ,spent money on calling them , Infibeam customer service is useless.
Old 4th October 2014, 20:52   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
I had ordered Abro Car Shampoo on Infibeam on August 24th and I did not get the items even after 2 weeks, got the order cancelled and reordered @ Autofresh,
Had to wait for 5 weeks to get refund from Infibeam ,spent money on calling them , Infibeam customer service is useless.
In my case, infibeam shipped in time, but GATI took its own sweet time to move it around. For example it took two days for the package to travel from ekm to tvm. As if somebody walked down with it.

I have now placed an order for a mi power bank with flipkart. No COD. Hope to have a better experience.

Last edited by blacksport : 4th October 2014 at 20:54.
Old 5th October 2014, 22:56   #1880
Distinguished - BHPian

I was extremely excited about the "Flipkart Big Billion Day sale" till today where I have been reading about price increases for a lot of items. In their FB page and some blogs, I read about the prices hiked today across many products before the sale kicks off at 8 AM tomorrow (06 Oct 2014).

Is this actually a hoax? The prices have been increased for about 50% as per some comments and these might be revised to a 50% discount tomorrow whereas the margins are kept intact.

I have decided to go ahead with ONLY those items which may make sense at the listed price than going by the "discounts" mentioned.

Edit:: Can I also request members to list out any incredible offers (if at all) on this thread so that we can take a look at those items if we have plans for it?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th October 2014 at 22:58.
Old 5th October 2014, 23:11   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Generally all sales (on/offline) are on inventory which are idling in warehouse for sometime or on slow moving items. I have seen cyber Mondays after the Black Friday sales after thanks giving ...well good to know that we have something similar in India now ...!
Old 5th October 2014, 23:18   #1882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Generally all sales (on/offline) are on inventory which are idling in warehouse for sometime or on slow moving items. I have seen cyber Mondays after the Black Friday sales after thanks giving ...well good to know that we have something similar in India now ...!
Well, to be honest, we had GOSF (Great Online Shopping Festival) last year (during Diwali) which I believe was similar to the Cyber Monday / Thanks giving.

This Billion Day Sale is something different from that. As long as there is genuine benefits to the customer, I would be more than happy with these.
Old 5th October 2014, 23:41   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I was extremely excited about the "Flipkart Big Billion Day sale" till today where I have been reading about price increases for a lot of items. In their FB page and some blogs, I read about the prices hiked today across many products before the sale kicks off at 8 AM tomorrow (06 Oct 2014).

Is this actually a hoax? The prices have been increased for about 50% as per some comments and these might be revised to a 50% discount tomorrow whereas the margins are kept intact.

I have decided to go ahead with ONLY those items which may make sense at the listed price than going by the "discounts" mentioned.

Edit:: Can I also request members to list out any incredible offers (if at all) on this thread so that we can take a look at those items if we have plans for it?
Quote:
Well, to be honest, we had GOSF (Great Online Shopping Festival) last year (during Diwali) which I believe was similar to the Cyber Monday / Thanks giving.

This Billion Day Sale is something different from that. As long as there is genuine benefits to the customer, I would be more than happy with these.
Same here, I have been watching the price of a couple of items (1 ADSL router from TP LINK and 1 digital watch from Q&Q) to see if they hit a sweet spot. Price of both these items which were lower than Amazon and Snapdeal till this morning have been hiked now. May be they will be offered at the same pre-hike price tomorrow showing huge discounts
Old 6th October 2014, 01:31   #1884
Distinguished - BHPian

Law Needed!

In UK it is illegal to announce a sale price, reduced from x unless the item was on regular sale at x for a previous minimum period.

During "Sale" times, many shops will buy special consignments. These do not satisfy the above requirement, and they have to display a prominent sign that they do not.

And, yep... shops (mostly!) actually toe the line.

To be honest, I don't know how this applies to online shopping, which I did very little of before leaving UK. International companies, like Amazon, blur legal borders, but I would have thought that, for instance, Amazon .co.uk would have to abide by British law.

And the businesses that we are talking about here are all Indian businesses doing domestic Indian trade so... Law needed.

Of course, even if it is there, it might be taken as much notice of as a red traffic signal. Law enforcement needed!
Old 6th October 2014, 07:50   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Same here, I have been watching the price of a couple of items (1 ADSL router from TP LINK and 1 digital watch from Q&Q) to see if they hit a sweet spot. Price of both these items which were lower than Amazon and Snapdeal till this morning have been hiked now. May be they will be offered at the same pre-hike price tomorrow showing huge discounts
Guess what, the ADSL router was hiked ~100% (Rs.17xx to Rs.33xx ) by this morning. Let us watch what the price would be during the sale!
Old 6th October 2014, 08:23   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was extremely excited about the "Flipkart Big Billion Day sale" till today where I have been reading about price increases for a lot of items.
I saw this on Mahesh Murthy's (a known FK baiter) Twitter stream.

https://twitter.com/maheshmurthy/sta...34813953101824

The linked article shows some evidence (such as it is) for this claim.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:32   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian

The Redmi 1S is available. Weren't they supposed to sell it on 14th via flash sale?

Which one to buy: Redmi at 6k or Moto E at 5.5k. Confused. Please help fast.

Last edited by drmohitg : 6th October 2014 at 08:33.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:37   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The Redmi 1S is available. Weren't they supposed to sell it on 14th via flash sale?

Which one to buy: Redmi at 6k or Moto E at 5.5k. Confused. Please help fast.

Moto E for peace of mind. Redmi has a lot of heating and under-performing battery issues.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:43   #1889
BHPian

Moto X 1st version available at 17999/-. The black and white ones come with USB cable BUT NOT the charger/adapter. Please keep this in mind if going for it. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 6th October 2014 at 09:01.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:47   #1890
BHPian

Guys, between Nexus 5 32gb and Moto X 2nd gen, which is a better buy.

Also, can I consider Lenovo Vibe X2 Pro at a similar price seeing it's battery specs.

Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 6th October 2014 at 09:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks