Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 22:57   #1936
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Flipkart's sale for today has a no refund/no cancellation policy. What if I order stuffs on COD and refuse to accept the products when delivered?

Feeling mischievous
Trust me, many people are actually going to do that. Some of my friends have ordered 2-3 phones on COD and will keep the one which arrives first. And the rest.....

Cheers
amansanc
Old 6th October 2014, 23:08   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Price is still 12999 and the offer of 8999 is only against exchange!

The only addition is 10% discount from Citibank which might be enough to fetch you a flip cover
Ordered one for my wife today.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:12   #1938
BHPian

A modem that costs INR 3399; NOW and BEFORE!! It was actually out of stock when I opened it from within the LIMITED STOCKS menu!

Name:  ForumRunner_20141006_230005.png
Views: 951
Size:  81.4 KB

Was Nokia Lumia's MRP 62999/- in reality? For a phone that doesn't have a Full HD Display or a Quad Core processor or a 5-inches screen? Seriously? What's the point in having an MRP this high when the actual prices are much less?

In my opinion this is a complete eyewash; and not only Flipkart, but almost at all places where we end up as a consumer.

Perhaps we are so used to the word SALE now that everything else seems a farce, when the reality is something else.

Name:  ForumRunner_20141006_230030.png
Views: 909
Size:  39.3 KB

Last edited by Safety is Param : 6th October 2014 at 23:16.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:17   #1939
BHPian

Amazon is offering a good discount on Amzer cases, covers and accessories. Bought a hybrid kick stand case for my Moto G at Rs.125.80 with free shipping.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:26   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian

Bottomline is that though they attracted a lot of customers, majority were left disappointed and everywhere on social media we have posts ranting about them.

My story was equally not good. Went to Flipkart randomly, found a Victorinox swiss card for Rs. 450 whose MRP was 1490. Tried placing order, but payment gateway was jammed. Again went in the evening to discover that there was no dicount on it

Decently went to amazon and found it for 750, which was straightforward and gimmick free, so ordered it. Why price things ridiculously low, and then make it a hassle for people to buy it. Leaving all this, if anyone got the Lumia 1020 for 19999, or even 21999, it is a steal. I paid more for the 925 I brought a few months back

Last edited by audioholic : 6th October 2014 at 23:28.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:32   #1941
BHPian

The flipkart sale was not without one or two terrible traps. I was trying to click on the Cisco wireless router which was being oferred as a 'steal deal' at Rs 50/-. After many unsuccessful refreshing of the home page which showed it as 'out of stock', I finally got it but on checkout I saw the price was Rs 28xx. Confused, I went back to the home page and was surprised to see that the Steal Deal icon of the router was now showing '50% off' and not 'Rs 50/-'. Very close call! What is worse is that the cart automatically updated the price of the item as soon flipkart changed the product price meaning people who were in a rush to click their way through checkout after apparently securing it at Rs 50/- might have ended up paying 45 times that price!

By pricing these baits at such ridiculous prices, Flipkart is only encouraging non-serious buyers to take a chance. Instead if they priced more inventory at a lesser (but still good) discount, more serious buyers could have been made happy. At Rs 50, I would happily buy even something as useless to me as a T-72 tank.

Last edited by Kumar R : 6th October 2014 at 23:36.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:33   #1942
Distinguished - BHPian

Apparently Snapdeal has a Diwali Bumper sale from tomorrow morning 8 AM with exciting offers every hour. Sounds too familiar with the Flipkart's sale today. Lets see how genuine it is.
Old 7th October 2014, 00:04   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
What flipkart really wanted from this sale is a billion hits and USD 100 million in sales in a single day!
Yep, they did achieve a lot of traffic. The billion hits is a number useful only in * wagging contests (just going to their homepage counts as 50+ hits, for example) so the key number is $100 million in GMV (not sales as you say). It is tough to put that number in any perspective without knowing their cost of running today's activity and the revenue they had from it, though.

What I'd really like to know is how the economics worked out for them. Who underwrote the discounts? How much of a cost hit did FK take?

And last but not the least, given all the bad press (inevitable) it would be good to hear FK's version of events - did they anticipate it, how do they expect this to help them tomorrow etc.
Old 7th October 2014, 00:13   #1944
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Apparently Snapdeal has a Diwali Bumper sale from tomorrow morning 8 AM with exciting offers every hour. Sounds too familiar with the Flipkart's sale today. Lets see how genuine it is.
It was on today also. And the really good deals were out of stock in a jiffy. But at least the time of a new deal coming in was predictable - every hour.
Old 7th October 2014, 00:23   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Has anybody ordered Tyres from Snapdeal? I am thinking of ordering set of 4 tyres for my Dzire. I can see that price difference is 2-3 K for set of 4. I guess its a good deal.

I want to order -
Tyre size: 185/70 R14.
Make: GoodYear Duraplus
Price: 13400 on Snapdeal for set of 4.

When i inquired in the shop he told me 16400 for set of 4. So i can save 3000 net here. Can anybody advice me here? Is it a good deal? Is ordering from SnapDeal is a good option? Please share your experiences guys. Also suggest if any other brand for my requirement.

I did. No issues whatsoever. The tyre was delivered in good condition and was brand new
Old 7th October 2014, 07:03   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
By the way, Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5S were available today on Snapdeal at 26k and 24k respectively (approx.)

Not sure if they are still available at the same price.

Source: today's TOI
I heard that and never saw it on the website. Maybe it was just a mistake or a eye wash.
Old 7th October 2014, 08:42   #1947
BHPian

Ordered a Redmi 1S on the sale yesterday at about 8.05 AM, got a confirmation and all. Later last night, I get this mail from FK:

This is to inform you that we tried contacting you to confirm a few details before we could process your order XXXXXXXXXX but were unable to reach you. Due to insufficient details the order had to be cancelled.
This step was taken keeping your interests in mind and to maintain the security of your account.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I have not had anyone call me nor have they written what confirmation they were looking for. Have ordered many items from them before and have not had any problems. Looks like this is their way of getting "Footfalls" and then leaving customers in the dry.

I have shifted my online shopping to Amazon now - they are much better.
Old 7th October 2014, 08:58   #1948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
I heard that and never saw it on the website. Maybe it was just a mistake or a eye wash.
It must have been there. I still am seeing it on there site but the link just gives you an error. After trying a dozen times, I have rather got irritated and given up on these stores for sometime now.

Also noticed snap deal doing the same. Prices of most things have been updated and listed close to there mrp now and then they offer discount on it. I guess it's a common practice then.
Old 7th October 2014, 09:07   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
The flipkart sale was not without one or two terrible traps. I was trying to click on the Cisco wireless router which was being oferred as a 'steal deal' at Rs 50/-. After many unsuccessful refreshing of the home page which showed it as 'out of stock', I finally got it but on checkout I saw the price was Rs 28xx. Confused, I went back to the home page and was surprised to see that the Steal Deal icon of the router was now showing '50% off' and not 'Rs 50/-'. Very close call! What is worse is that the cart automatically updated the price of the item as soon flipkart changed the product price meaning people who were in a rush to click their way through checkout after apparently securing it at Rs 50/- might have ended up paying 45 times that price!

By pricing these baits at such ridiculous prices, Flipkart is only encouraging non-serious buyers to take a chance. Instead if they priced more inventory at a lesser (but still good) discount, more serious buyers could have been made happy. At Rs 50, I would happily buy even something as useless to me as a T-72 tank.
Haha.. Mr. Kumar, I was the lucky one who got it for 50/- (90/- incl. shipping)!!

Agree with how it quickly changed from 50/- to 50%, but disagree with someone accidentally paying 45x because the price if later increased in the cart, is easily view-able.

There were quite a few such deals during the day - Re1, Rs50, Rs90 - but I managed to get onto one only.

Now if Flipkart honors the order or not is left to be seen. So fingers crossed for Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router @ INR90/-
Old 7th October 2014, 09:30   #1950
J.Ravi

Yesterday morning, I ordered a pair of each Lee Cooper leather sandals for me and canvas shoes for my wife with flipkart. The price of the Lee Cooper leather standals was the same ₹ 1,799 at flipkart and Jabong. At exactly 8 am, the price got reduced by ₹ 630 to ₹ 1,169 at flipkart. Then, I ordered. They are already on the way to my home.

The Online Shopping Thread-flipkart.jpg

Compare this to autofresh.in. I ordered a 3M car care kit from autofresh.in on 28 Sep 2014 costing ₹ 1,668.42 and got it delivered yesterday evening after 9 days [from Ahmedabad to Bangalore]. The packing was not good. As the saying goes, better late than never!

The Online Shopping Thread-img_1576.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_1577.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks