Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:07   #136
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Dude,

Its fact that everyone knows EBay should be the first choice in online purchases as the Ebay Guarantee takes care of the money you have paid. Even I used to buy a lot items from them and till date I've no bitter experience with them and I used to get some nice deals rom them too.

Here I was referring to the Amazon's Indian portal which offers the items on Amazon and you can pay the money in Indian currency. I would love to hear from a buyer from that site about the reliability.
I have used shopyourworld.com and they have been pretty good. They were little late on delivery but overall experience was good. I would recommend it.

Cheers!
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:13   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s

well, last week i purchased a fish bowl from snal deal..prior to that I purchased a wrist watch from deals & you...i did see the product and then I paid..i dont know what did you buy because it depends on product to product..
btw did some 1 rob you by selling some broken product?
You meant to say that the courier guy allowed you to check the item by opening it before you paid for it? Quite strange to hear that at least for me as this is the first time am hearing such an info during the last 15 years of experience in online purchases.

I always buy from reputed portals who can give guarantee for the money I have paid. I have bought various products like cameras, mobiles, gaming consoles like PS2s, lot of car accessories whenever I find a good deal from different sites. If I get a wrong or defective product too, I will escalate the matter with CC and till date, I've no regrets except some poor CC support issues.
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:34   #138
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you haven't tried this option. Under COD option, the item will be on your doorsteps and once you pay the money only you can open it and have a feel of it. The only option is left for you is, in case the package is in a bad shape you can deny it without any hesitation unlike the other online payments, your money is with you only that moment.
For COD mode, can we pay through card or is they only take cash ?
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:38   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun

For COD mode, can we pay through card or is they only take cash ?
COD means Cash On Delivery not Card on delivery. The courier guy will not carry a EDC machine to swipe the card.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:20   #140
BHPian

I have purchased stuffs upto 45K online and haven't faced any issues so far. You get much better deals online on certain products.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

My BELKIN Laptop bag was just delivered - and I checked and it is simply awesome !

It is a 18'' BELKIN CLAMSHELL - the bag is untouched - in fact even the polythene it came in was new with a sticker of almost twice the MRP. It came with Belkins original warranty card with Hologram etc.

I am very impressed with flipkart. The COD system is also great - I was sent a sms today morning asking me to keep the cash ready at the courier address.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:19   #142
BHPian

Quote:
You meant to say that the courier guy allowed you to check the item by opening it before you paid for it? Quite strange to hear that at least for me as this is the first time am hearing such an info during the last 15 years of experience in online purchases.

I always buy from reputed portals who can give guarantee for the money I have paid. I have bought various products like cameras, mobiles, gaming consoles like PS2s, lot of car accessories whenever I find a good deal from different sites. If I get a wrong or defective product too, I will escalate the matter with CC and till date, I've no regrets except some poor CC support issues.
look bro , i am not saying that you are wrong, but as far as I know if you buy from snal deal and fashion & you, they usually dont outsource the delivery of good to courier companies, thats why i was able to check the product before paying and I did decline to buy a product which was purchased on COD basis..
Old 24th June 2011, 13:49   #143
Senior - BHPian

I've bought quite a few things online. Most common online purchase is Airline/Railways tickets! I also pay my utility bills online.

My first online buy was a laptop on ebay! Cost me 1700 euros but never arrived! That was in 2002. The seller was some crook in Thailand. At that time I was a complete numpty, so burnt my fingers pretty badly. After that bought my first laptop online same year, this time from Dell directly. After that few buys at Amazon in Germany (a mobile phone and some DVDs) and US (mainly DVDs) built my confidence with internet shopping again.

In India I have done some shopping on ebay. Bought my Xtreamer Sidewinder and wifi antenna (this time from a reputed seller with good rating). Just last week I've also bought a mobile phone (HTC Sensation) from letsbuy on recommendation of so many members here. Letsbuy is pretty good. I've also used services of allindiaflorist once and found them good!
Old 1st July 2011, 15:46   #144
Senior - BHPian

Tried FLIPKART.COM, I am impressed.

Ordered a rare audio CD from their site (29-June 3.50 PM). Received the item today (12.30 PM). Neatly packaged and they send few SMSes during each stage of order process.

Few past experiences:
rediff.com - good
landmarkonthenet - excellent
indiatimes.com - worst (tried twise - first in 2006 and second in 2010)
Old 1st July 2011, 16:03   #145
BHPian

Multiple purchases from many sites of varying value till date.

My first online buy was from the old website called "Baazee.com" for a Nokia 7210 phone. This was bought for 14K online while it was around 17K out in the local market.
Old 1st July 2011, 16:07   #146
MCR
BHPian

I buy stuff from e-bay quiet regularly. But its limited to low value electronics and computer accessories. Its fast and hassle free, or atleast has been so. The advantage in buying computer stuff on-line is, it eliminates the need of going to SP road, look for parking in unity building , cross the road by foot and bargain with the store owner.

Last edited by MCR : 1st July 2011 at 16:10.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:03   #147
Senior - BHPian

Depends on the product. If it is a one-time kind of product like a book or a CD etc then I am fine but if it needs the company's or brand's support - for example a TV or a camera - then I would rather go to a dealer I know or a dependable friend who knows the dealer. Sometimes it is also important to touch and feel the product before buying it.
A case in point is smartshopper. They offer the best price for most of the products but I prefer to buy from a real life store at a slightly higher price when it comes to camera, lens and other accessories. Of course I quote the smartshopper price to drive a bargain with the brick and mortar store.
However, I have bought lots of books online.
Old 4th July 2011, 01:47   #148
BHPian

Can someone help me with LETSBUY
I used the coupon rcomlb1 recently as its a one time coupon, i kept searching and found many working coupons, Although the cart accepts the coupon, it doesn't allows me to pay, during check out when i select credit card or netbanking as payment, it says the coupon you are using is not valid.

While the coupon is valid as other coupons which refuse to work doesn't let you see discounted price in the cart itself.

so does this mean i can use only one coupon on letsbuy ???
Old 4th July 2011, 09:31   #149
BHPian

ebay.in is good. My experience has been good with them. You must check the sellers' rating before you buy though. If the seller has more than 99%, you are in good hands. Dont think that ebay gives you cheapest or costlier, because ebay by itself does not sell. It is a shopping complex and the sellers have setup their shops in that complex. And just like a good shopping mall can not ensure that all its shopkeepers are honest or sell items cheap so can't ebay. That said, ebay is a great place to find out the price range of products. Thats what I do when I am at any brick and mortar shop. Flip out my phone and check the price of item on ebay and make a decision to buy it online or from the shop.

Bottomline, make sure you do your research about the price and the seller. I dont think any other site has the strict seller feedback system like ebay and that makes it better for the customers, usually.

I have tried rediff.com on two occassions, both about two years apart. Both times horrible experience. Rediff did not do anything more than sending a couple of mails to the seller and cc to me.

ebay.in guys have been good. I had a problem once when a seller shipped Counterfeit Win 7 DVD to me. The seller was kicked out of ebay.in. I had to return the DVD though but ebay sent me the charges for shipping within a week.

In general, I have got items delivered to be within 4-5 days. Maximum an item has taken 8 days and minimum about 3 days. Few sellers have gone an extra mile to ensure the item reaches in time.

So it is always ebay for me.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:08   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Can someone help me with LETSBUY
I used the coupon rcomlb1 recently as its a one time coupon, i kept searching and found many working coupons, Although the cart accepts the coupon, it doesn't allows me to pay, during check out when i select credit card or netbanking as payment, it says the coupon you are using is not valid.

While the coupon is valid as other coupons which refuse to work doesn't let you see discounted price in the cart itself.

so does this mean i can use only one coupon on letsbuy ???
Rcom/ICICI coupons are timed out by now. They have another 100% cash back option through multiple purchases is available now.

If the site still accepts the coupon, it could be software bug, hence its not allowing you to use the payment gateway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks