Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 11:21   #1636
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Reg Shoes.Myntra has an innovative feature. Whenever you select to buy a particular brand/size,you select a higher or lower size also,and pay for both. An empty sealable bag is also sent with both pairs.After trying out, you return the other pair,using the bag they enclosed. Courier charges to be borne by you and will be reimbursed(rs100).
But,the excess amount will be kept in your a/c as credit for future purchases.
This also is a sales gimmick,as you are bound make an additional purchase,even if you dont want to.
Why not simply return the misfit shoe and ask for a bigger or smaller size (as the case maybe)?

No hassle of courier-reimburse cycle.
No money blocked in 'store-credit'
Old 30th July 2014, 11:37   #1637
BHPian

That seems to be simpler and hassle free. But the company obviously wants you to make future purchases if there is store credit.Commercial interest,eventually

Last edited by virgopal : 30th July 2014 at 11:52. Reason: added word'obviously"
Old 30th July 2014, 16:14   #1638
BHPian

My second order with AliExpress turned out to be quite a good experience. Ordered the OEM VW Polo Armrest on Friday evening (25 July) and it was delivered today (30-July). Took only 5 days in spite of the weekend and the Eid holiday in between. I had opted for FedEx shipping. The dealer had valued the shipment at 25$ so I didn't need to pay any additional customs duties.
Old 30th July 2014, 16:29   #1639
BHPian

I was searching for car dvr "mini 0803" on ebay.com.
The search results throughs up the same product with prices varying from $89 to $139.
Am confused which one to order.
Can any one tell me why this disparity in prices?
Old 30th July 2014, 20:25   #1640
Senior - BHPian

I got a photograph of a notice purportedly issued by the owners' association of a large apartment complex in Bangalore. It has a photograph and a warning that the delivery driver of an e-commerce company was caught attempting to lure a child of the said complex into his delivery van. I can't vouch for the veracity of the forward, but these days every parent in Bangalore is jittery regarding the safety of their children.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:15   #1641
Distinguished - BHPian

So i ordered Zotac nVidia GeForce GT730 off flipkart. It was the only decent PCI-E 2.0 version model that i could choose to run on my PCI-E 1.0 Motherboard. And this model was not available anywhere.

Flipkart price 6300. MRP on the Box - Rs6060 ! Have raised a complaint with flipkart . Lets see how they respond
Old 31st July 2014, 07:48   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So i ordered Zotac nVidia GeForce GT730 off flipkart. It was the only decent PCI-E 2.0 version model that i could choose to run on my PCI-E 1.0 Motherboard. And this model was not available anywhere.

Flipkart price 6300. MRP on the Box - Rs6060 ! Have raised a complaint with flipkart . Lets see how they respond
Who was the seller ? Was it WS Retail ?
Old 31st July 2014, 10:14   #1643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Who was the seller ? Was it WS Retail ?
Nope, Not WSRetail. Its GraphicZone

http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia...c-e58bc7f7c92b
Old 31st July 2014, 10:57   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Nope, Not WSRetail. Its GraphicZone

http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia...c-e58bc7f7c92b
I always purchase the goods sold by WS RETAIL only.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:41   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Let me relate my positive experience with Amazon India, recently.
I placed an order for Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player.
Hey, when did you purchase this? I am unable to find the device on Amazon India. And do the services work here?

Thanks.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:08   #1646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
And do the services work here?
Works perfectly in India and have been using mine (bought in the US) in BLR for the last 9 months or so.

Only issue is that US based streaming media like Netflix either need a US subscription and/or need an US IP address. I use it for casting my Note 10.1's screen, seeing Youtube and for local media casting using either AllCast or BubbleUPNP.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:50   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Hey, when did you purchase this? I am unable to find the device on Amazon India. And do the services work here?

Thanks.
I bought the Chromecast a few months back. I currently use it to (a) stream to my TV stuff that is available only on Youtube (mostly CBeebies shows that my daughter adores but are not seen on Indian TV), (b) while travelling (along with a D-Link DIR-505) and (c) couple of movies rented from Google Play Store. Works like a charm in India. I think this was money well spent.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:51   #1648
BHPian

Purchased it this month only from Amazon.in. I will give the link.
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00D...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yes,it works fine here in India.However except Youtube and local media like Pictures,Videos,tab casting..all are functioning very well,using Plex media server application.
I have installed Plex on my iPad and my Android phone too and all the above working fine.
Local media can be cast using Localcast,Allcast also.
All in all a nice product.
Requirement: A regular TV with HDMI input port and fast net connection.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:57   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Works perfectly in India and have been using mine (bought in the US) in BLR for the last 9 months or so.

Only issue is that US based streaming media like Netflix either need a US subscription and/or need an US IP address..
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I bought the Chromecast a few months back. I currently use it to (a) stream to my TV stuff that is available only on Youtube (mostly CBeebies shows that my daughter adores but are not seen on Indian TV), (b) while travelling (along with a D-Link DIR-505) and (c) couple of movies rented from Google Play Store. Works like a charm in India. I think this was money well spent.
Slight OT but haven't you tried using the Chromecast with a VPN? For me, it pretty much why I buy it over here.

The device is currently unavailable at Amazon India and the US site won't ship it. Available on ebay, but I am wary of that site. Probably will pick it up when I travel. It is literally dirt cheap. I was interested in the Fire TV as well.

P.S. Just checked the link provided up Damn, how the hell, did my search give no results

Last edited by pratyush6 : 31st July 2014 at 15:00.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:57   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
2. Main reason - I ordered a Nikon HB-32 lenshood, looking at the item pic & description at their website, it definitely looks like a original Nikon lenshood.
http://www.dx.com/p/nikon-hb-32-plas...8#.U8-CFo26bZ4
But, shockingly, the one I received doesn't have 'Nikon' or 'Made in China' printed on the lens hood, it just says 'HB-32'.
Undoubtedly, they sent me a fake lens hood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Good to know that, have raised a ticket today asking for Refund. Hope it happens.
DX.com has accepted my refund request (no questions asked) and credited the money back to my CC account.
Happy with their post-delivery service!

If you are looking for some specific stuff that may not be original & ready to wait for long delivery period (6-7 weeks), this site seems to be decent.

Last edited by finneyp : 31st July 2014 at 15:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks