Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 21:51   #1681
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Perfumes would smell the same till around 5-6 yrs depending on how they are stored,excess exposure to heat, will change the composition since it is primarily mix of essential oil & alcohol.All products available on shelves are atleast 1yr old by the time it reaches retail outlets . Brands available online 80% is sourced from consolidators who route thru middle east,Russia and turkey.The discount offered is not genuine,and mostly on hiked MRP.Majority of official distributors do not supply to e commerce businesses.

I work in the same industry
Old 8th August 2014, 09:37   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
So is there a genuine site where we can get the actual MRP of a perfume in India. Also the thing you said about middle East route- the perfumes procured through this route are still genuine right?
Old 8th August 2014, 12:45   #1683
BHPian

Most online retailers try to benchmark with MRP, to give an example.

some of best selling fragrances :

1 million 50ml MRP 3500 ; FK price - 3300
1 million Intense 50 ml MRP 3850 ;FK price - 4000
1 million absolutely gold 100ml MRP 5400 ; FK - 6000

Versace Eros EDt 100ml MRP 5400 ; FK - 6000

Imitation fragrance is a big business in middle east , there is a mix of genuine products and counterfeits ,you never know till you use .

A leading parfum brand conducted a surprise audit without our knowledge and found that some of the pdts sold online where actually of batch manufactured for african market .
Old 8th August 2014, 16:53   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Can't help but ask, as to the stuff being sold at stores like Shopper's stop and especially at the duty free outlets say in dilli's T3, are these absolutely genuine ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Old 8th August 2014, 19:29   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Can't help but ask, as to the stuff being sold at stores like Shopper's stop and especially at the duty free outlets say in dilli's T3, are these absolutely genuine ?
products available at department stores are from official distributors like us & other fmcg mnc's.duty free pdts are direct import from respective brands routed thru customs warehouses.
Old 8th August 2014, 23:26   #1686
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for input and education on this!
Old 11th August 2014, 19:59   #1687
BHPian

Re: Polo OEM armrest ordered from Aliexpress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Update 2: The dealer has shipped the missing piece through DHL and it should reach me in the next 4-5 days. Kudos to the dealer for rectifying what could have been a really bad experience. I would definitely do more business with him the future if the need arises.
Received the missing part today. Good experience overall.
Old 12th August 2014, 13:04   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
UPDATE: I finally received this package over the weekend, exactly 5 weeks after I placed the order. Unfortunately, it was the wrong item and I raised a ticket through the website and they are currently processing it. Let us see how they handle this one.
Update 2 : After almost a week of raising the ticket and a follow up email, the dealer accepted that they made a mistake and offered a refund or a store credit, I chose the store credit as I still want to try this website once more. However, I will not try to buy any higher valued items as the delivery takes ages and there is no guarantee of it yet.
Old 13th August 2014, 08:58   #1689
BHPian

Guys

On Flipkart offer for SBI, the T&C says that it is applicable for whom communication is received. Is it true that the 10% off is valid only for communication received card holders ?

Need your guidance
Old 13th August 2014, 11:55   #1690
BHPian

Hey guys, make sure you check out the Blu-ray section of Amazon. They have something like Independence deals going on - Got some great prices on English movies.

I have bought Conjuring, Insidious2, The Dark Knight and TDK-Rises so far. Apart from the movies could not find anything great. They are marketing the External Storage at low cost but they had it even lower earlier.
Old 13th August 2014, 11:59   #1691
BHPian

HI All,

Has anyone struggled with E-Bay to get a refund of a failed transaction?
I was trying to purchase Glucometer strips yesterday. My citibank status says that payment amount is deducted but e-bay website status said that trasnsaction was not succssfull.

Though I have raised a complaint for the same; can anyone, who has faced such situation suggest how much time it takes for a refund in such cases. Tasnsaction amount was 643 rs.

Regards,
Saurabh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Yes has happened to me a few times before. Usually refunds happen in 3-5 days , don't worry.
Many thanks sammboy.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 13th August 2014 at 12:03.
Old 13th August 2014, 12:01   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
HI All, Has anyone struggled with E-Bay to get a refund of a failed transaction? I was trying to purchase Glucometer strips yesterday. My citibank status says that payment amount is deducted but e-bay website status said that trasnsaction was not succssfull. Though I have raised a complaint for the same; can anyone, who has faced such situation suggest how much time it takes for a refund in such cases. Tasnsaction amount was 643 rs. Regards, Saurabh.
Yes has happened to me a few times before. Usually refunds happen in 3-5 days , don't worry.
Old 13th August 2014, 18:10   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Took me about 8-10 days for the refund.

COuld be faster if it is governed by e bay "guarantee"
Old 14th August 2014, 01:43   #1694
Senior - BHPian

I'm new to buying things from foreign websites and getting things shipped here. I basically wanted a Main Jet for my bike which no one in Bangalore seems to stock. :/ And sadly enough, the shipping seems to cost more than the jet itself!

http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...1-ZF5_air.html

$7.29 for the jet and $25 for shipping! Is there anyone coming down from the US sometime next month? :P Or for any other alternative?

Also, when and where do I pay for the customs duty?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 14th August 2014 at 01:45.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:49   #1695
Senior - BHPian

I found the same jet from a site called Power-Barn who are offering it at around $11 for shipping. But, it does carry a disclaimer like this:
Quote:
Please Note: First Class International shipping offers limited tracking capabilities and no insurance options
Is it still worth the risk? Sadly, no one on AliExpress seems to have it either

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks