Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 15:22   #3181
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Most major banks provide you the facility to generate one time use credit cards that have a life of 48 hours. You can use that on sites that you are unsure of.
Thanks diyguy for the info, how much time will it take for them to generate and is this possible through phone banking?
Old 12th May 2015, 15:39   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Thanks diyguy for the info, how much time will it take for them to generate and is this possible through phone banking?
It is instantaneous and has to be done on an online site. It is done by yourself and registering for it also doesnt need anything from the bank. With your card/account details you can do this registration and start creating virtual or one time credit cards. You can choose the limit of the card and it can be used for only one transaction.
Old 12th May 2015, 16:40   #3183
BHPian

Hi All,

Has anyone ordered from www.99rpm.com ? They mainly sell spare parts of Tata/Fiat. I am looking for few things that TASS is not able to arrange for me. I found them at this site, but just need a confirmation of its authenticity.

Regards,
Saurabh.

EDITED to Thank "arunphilip".. As reply was under 30 miutes..
DOn't want to break forum rules.

Many thanks (in advance )

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've ordered a mirror for a Punto from them, paid by credit card. They're authentic. Although it took them 2-3 weeks to send me the mirror. Packaging was good.

Multiple people on TBHP use/recommend 99rpm for Fiat, Tata and Hyundai spares.
Many thanks sir.
In fact it was TBHP where i came to know about this website. I am looking for switches on my central console of Safari (TASS is helpless). & looking to replace some damaged logos & Mascots of Safari.

OT: Why is "Thanks" button missing from your post!!

Thanks,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 12th May 2015 at 16:57.
Old 12th May 2015, 16:42   #3184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Has anyone ordered from www.99rpm.com ? They mainly sell spare parts of Tata/Fiat.
I've ordered a mirror for a Punto from them, paid by credit card. They're authentic. Although it took them 2-3 weeks to send me the mirror. Packaging was good.

Multiple people on TBHP use/recommend 99rpm for Fiat, Tata and Hyundai spares.
Old 12th May 2015, 19:46   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
It is instantaneous and has to be done on an online site. It is done by yourself and registering for it also doesnt need anything from the bank. With your card/account details you can do this registration and start creating virtual or one time credit cards. You can choose the limit of the card and it can be used for only one transaction.
Any idea if it available on HSBC or HDFC? I do not see VCC option once I login
Please help
thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 19:49   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Any idea if it available on HSBC or HDFC?
https://netsafe.hdfcbank.com/ACSWeb/...dholderFAQ.jsp

All your questions are answered here on HDFC Bank's website.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:11   #3187
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
comfortablynumb : www.creationwatches.com ...

Are you planning to order from the same website? If yes, please do post your experience after you get the
@Vikram, ordered from Creationwatches on 8-May. Delivered to SG on 10-May. Delivery happened even as I was waiting for the tracking number.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:30   #3188
Senior - BHPian

I've often bought stuff from Amazon & have had nothing to complain except till yesterday.

The delivery guy came to my house, but went back to his van for the bill and didn't return with the package!

No clue why he didn't return.

Filled the feedback last night & now I get a mail from Amazon saying the package is 'Un-Deliverable' & I'll apparently have to re-order.

Already having waited a week for this I can't wait again.

If a bill was the issue, I guess I could've simply got a duplicate bill online if they just said so! Any clue why they'd do such absurd stuff ?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 15th May 2015 at 08:32.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:35   #3189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I've often bought stuff from Amazon & have had nothing to complain except till yesterday.

The delivery guy came to my house, but went back to his van for the bill and didn't return with the package!

No clue why he didn't return.

Filled the feedback last night & now I get a mail from Amazon saying the package is 'Un-Deliverable' & I'll apparently have to re-order.

Already having waited a week for this I can't wait again.

I could've got a duplicate bill online! Any clue why they'd do such absurd stuff!
I have been through a similar incident. After waiting for 8 days (7 working days actually), the delivery guy came till my colony, called me asking the address, gave him instructions. After an hour I call home to ask if the courier had been delivered, mom says no one came.

Another 15 minutes later, I get a mail from Amazon, courier returned due to wrong address / door locked. I tried calling the courier guy who tried a whole back to get the address. The nice is apparently out of coverage area. I visit the website, call the customer care center and give them a piece of my mind.

I get the package delivered within 2 hours the same day.
Old 15th May 2015, 09:32   #3190
BHPian

I recently had an incident with Flipkart although I have been shopping with them since their inception,without a glitch.
Ordered 3 items on Card but on my orders page I saw only 1 item was showing paid status. The other 2 items were displaying not paid for two days and then the 2 items were completely removed from my orders page.
Connecting with Flipkart for 2 days and got only stock replies- Card was expired, limit exceeded, etc.etc.
Finally got hold of a supervisor after writing a long step by step explanatory mail of the events- that my card has been debited for 3 items total and Flipkart is saying the other 2 items are unpaid-effectively Flipkart is charging me for 3 items and is delivering only 1 item. Finally, after 3 days, got the 3 items displayed on my orders page with paid status.
Lesson to be learnt-make a single card transaction for a single item and do not be lured by offers if you want to avoid headaches with Flipkart.

Last edited by techiecal : 15th May 2015 at 09:36.
Old 15th May 2015, 10:22   #3191
BHPian

Am having a highly irritable time with Shoppersstop. They delivered wrong items home and the loss to me is about 3k out of 8k of orders. Though I have raised the incident with them 2 weeks back and emailed them with photos and also spoken to them many times the wrong items are yet to be picked up. The return email was received by me ten days ago but no action on it. It is a site best avoided. No point of this sort of unnecessary headache in ones life
Old 15th May 2015, 11:32   #3192
Senior - BHPian

All is well that ends well. After waiting for the seller to produce slips to prove the return postage amount, the case management team have closed the dispute in my favor since the seller did not produce any evidence for return shipping charges.

I have got an intimation from them saying that my funds have been credited back and will reflect in my account in few days.

--Anoop
Old 15th May 2015, 15:10   #3193
BHPian

A question for the AliExpress experienced buyers.

I made my first purchase today on AliExpress using my Visa credit card. The payment went through without the secure pin authentication.

Is this normal?
Old 15th May 2015, 15:18   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post

I made my first purchase today on AliExpress using my Visa credit card. The payment went through without the secure pin authentication.

Is this normal?
Yes even for me it goes without the secure pin authentication,check after a few hours it should show goods awaiting shipment.
Old 15th May 2015, 15:20   #3195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post

Is this normal?
Yes - They just takes the CVV number and voila, the payment is done. At least, that is how it happens with my Debit card.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks