Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 13:31   #3076
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am unable to access Flipkart withOUT its App on my Android device.
I don't want to use the App.

I am not very fond of Flipkart and have not bought anything from them in the last two years. But if I cannot even view the site on Android, then I might have to just skip it completely.
If you use Chrome browser, use the 'Request Desktop site' option under settings. It will give you the Desktop site eventhough the first screen tries to get you to the app.
Old 27th April 2015, 13:31   #3077
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably same is the case with IOS devices. Flipkart is moving to app based platform, at least for mobile phones. Ridiculous strategy. They want more of your private data; aware and privacy centered users might strike them off the list forever in return!
Old 27th April 2015, 13:46   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Have any of you ordered from healthkart (app or website). Am thinking of buying a protein supplement and would like feedback on their authenticity a d their delivery times.
Go ahead with the purchase. There service is really good and products are genuine. My orders are delivered much before the delivery dates mentioned.
Old 27th April 2015, 14:48   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Have any of you ordered from healthkart (app or website). Am thinking of buying a protein supplement and would like feedback on their authenticity a d their delivery times.
I had quality issues with Himalaya soaps, they seemed to disintegrate or powder. It looked like they were selling old stock. My rant to them was never resolved and I did not bother to pursue it. It was about 20 soaps I think.
Another time, their package had the shampoo leak completely and there was also a hole in the box due to the leak. My daughter took the parcel and no one at home ever checks such things... I sent them some pictures and they refunded me cash for the items that had leaked. I appreciated that gesture from them! I've ordered some sporting goods from them and no issues with anything else.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:24   #3080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
If you use Chrome browser, use the 'Request Desktop site' option under settings. It will give you the Desktop site eventhough the first screen tries to get you to the app.
Thanks. Is this setting going to 'stick' for just Flipkart? Or is it going to be for all sites?
Old 27th April 2015, 16:31   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Flipkart India

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
so dont trust Flipkart reviews ,critical reviews are never displayed.
Its not just Flipkart. I have reviewed a few things on Snapdeal and some of the negative reviews don't get accepted.
So far the only feedback on the websites that are honest seems to be eBay, but the way they are structured, it is difficult to get product reviews- just seller reviews.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:37   #3082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thanks. Is this setting going to 'stick' for just Flipkart? Or is it going to be for all sites?
Holds true for all sites. I used this for Huff Post sites initially since their mobile sites used to error out all the time when I try to read an article.

You have to request it though every time.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:55   #3083
BHPian

Just bought a Moto G 2nd Gen @ Rs 9899/- for my aunt from Flipkart!
I've never seen that price for a Moto G 2nd gen before !
Old 29th April 2015, 00:28   #3084
Senior - BHPian

I was going to post here asking about the number of days customs take to clear a parcel. Had ordered a camera pouch from aliexpress on 1st and it reached Kolkota customs on 20th. But after that I didn't see any status change. Got the parcel today but the tracking site still shows the item with customs.
Old 29th April 2015, 07:31   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I was going to post here asking about the number of days customs take to clear a parcel.

What site are you using? I had one of my packages returned back to the seller after it reached Chennai. No clue why. The seller is sending me a fresh package... This showed correctly for me.
Old 29th April 2015, 11:22   #3086
Senior - BHPian

If any on you shop on eBay, you can use the coupon code 10EBAYDEAL for a 10% off on all products. Managed to save 476₹ on an item I wanted.
A couple of weeks ago saved 135₹ with the same coupon.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:18   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I was going to post here asking about the number of days customs take to clear a parcel. Had ordered a camera pouch from aliexpress on 1st and it reached Kolkota customs on 20th. But after that I didn't see any status change. Got the parcel today but the tracking site still shows the item with customs.
It is the same for two of the parcels I received - the last update in the website (www.track-chinapost.com) is that the parcel have been sent to customs. I received both after few days.

On the other hand, Mumbai Customs send back one of my parcels, have raised a dispute and asked the seller either to re-ship in through Hong Kong post or reimburse the money to my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
What site are you using? I had one of my packages returned back to the seller after it reached Chennai. No clue why. The seller is sending me a fresh package... This showed correctly for me.
Does it have a battery? In my case, I think that is why customs send it back (my order was for a power bank).

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 29th April 2015 at 12:21.
Old 29th April 2015, 13:36   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Does it have a battery? In my case, I think that is why customs send it back (my order was for a power bank).
--Anoop
Mine was a 7$ tempered glass for iphone 6 plus - front and back. I wasn't getting it locally, so ordered it there. Its crazy that it was sent back after it reached chennai, from kolkata.
Old 29th April 2015, 23:51   #3089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
What site are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
the last update in the website (www.track-chinapost.com)
I used the same site.
Old 30th April 2015, 01:32   #3090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If any on you shop on eBay, you can use the coupon code 10EBAYDEAL for a 10% off on all products. Managed to save 476₹ on an item I wanted.
A couple of weeks ago saved 135₹ with the same coupon.
You can save more by using pay by Mobikwik Wallet option. Usually they give 10 percent cashback

EDIT :

The Online Shopping Thread-mobikwik.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks