Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2015, 12:06   #3151
BANNED

Planning to buy a few LED bulbs from Ali Express.

Though I'll be buying seeing the reviews of the product and seller rating, on an average how worthy are these guys?

Trustable? Product quality?
Old 10th May 2015, 14:40   #3152
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Whoa! what absolute brown stuff from Myntra!

Doesn't bother me: I would never buy clothes, shoes, etc online, but it sets a bad precedent
Old 10th May 2015, 14:58   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
...Silver lining: I'm indirectly happy about this move: it'll bring down my impulsive and 'want-not-need' purchases down to zero. I can't be bothered to keep fiddling around with my cell phone/tablet on these sites/apps unless there's something I specifically need....
+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Please refer posts 3119 and 3220 on this thread
In chrome for smartphones, go to the 3 vertical dots on the top right for the drop down options, one of it would say "Request Desktop Site".

You'll have the desktop version site on your regular phone chrome browser.
Old 10th May 2015, 15:46   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Have had nothing but positive experiences so far. Made about 15 orders so far. Received about 10.
Everything as per listing. You need to read properly what you are getting. I was mistaken on one or two but no big deal.
Old 10th May 2015, 16:50   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
^Oops! My parents are used to the 24" desktop monitor! They find the 5" mobile screen too small.

Asked 'em & they're happy to buying from B&M stores, "Get some exercise & also kill time the good old fashioned way...".

Goodbye Myntra (& possibly flipkart if they too plan the same).
Agree, online shopping is more of an informed decision which entails comparing goods between sellers, qualities available, user reviews and this often means multiple tabs on a desktop, which is awkward on a mobile. Also, when I buy a product I want to see it on the biggest screen possible at close to actual size.
Internet shopping is not the same as a book-a-cab app.where just a button needs to be pressed for services.
So it will be goodbye from me too.
I wonder if Myntra/Flipkart have got it all wrong.
Old 10th May 2015, 17:10   #3156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Planning to buy a few LED bulbs from Ali Express.

Though I'll be buying seeing the reviews of the product and seller rating, on an average how worthy are these guys?

Product quality is a

Using their LED bulbs in my car reverse light, interior light since past 6 months.
No problem at all.

The only problem I've faced is their delivery times are too long. (Except for the ones send through Singapore post)
But their cheap prices and satisfactory quality has kept me adding to cart !
Old 10th May 2015, 17:14   #3157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Product quality is a

Using their LED bulbs in my car reverse light, interior light since past 6 months.
No problem at all.

The only problem I've faced is their delivery times are too long. (Except for the ones send through Singapore post)
But their cheap prices and satisfactory quality has kept me adding to cart !
Thank you for the reply.

I too have the same grouse as it could be taking anywhere between 15-35 days for the order to be delivered but the pricing is attracting me to try them once.
Old 10th May 2015, 17:47   #3158
Team-BHP Support

For Ali, try requesting the dealer to ship it via Hong Kong Post. Some agree for a slight increase in price (1-2 USD more). Shipments reach a lot faster.
Old 10th May 2015, 18:47   #3159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
I wonder if Myntra/Flipkart have got it all wrong.
If they really mean no more desktop web site, then yes, very wrong. You can smell the marketing bull in that Myntra everything is personal line they are spinning.

Somewhere, somehow, it is not about the customer: it will be about some financial or marketing advantage to them that probably bears lots of fruit in the short term and crash about their ears later when 80% of their customers have forgotten they even exist.

Or... they have very certain knowledge that the majority of their customers are youngsters with their thumbs welded to their phone screens, and they don't care about the rest of us.

Unless we're all barking up the wrong tree.
Old 10th May 2015, 19:07   #3160
BHPian

Bought this month's grocery from Local Banya. The overall experience was good, they reached my place exactly in the time slot given, things were packed well and fresh too and even fruits were of good quality.

Only complaint is that they failed to deliver lemon tea bags and they had sent lemon+green tea bags on 2 occasions and they were also out of sugar, something I found surprising.

Overall 4/5 stars for the service and the ease of experience. Only thing to remember for the next time is that this time weekend delivery slots were taken by Friday noon itself. So need to plan the order well in advance.
Old 10th May 2015, 20:14   #3161
Senior - BHPian

When I am buying online, I compare the price on few sites. Using the app doesn't offer me this functionality. I can't install the app for every damn site I visit. Sorry good bye to those sites which don't offer a web site.

PS: I use app for buying movie tickets. The product and price is fully known in that case.
Old 11th May 2015, 01:49   #3162
Distinguished - BHPian

Applause has to be given to Flipkart for accuracy here

Quote:
Dimensions
Exterior Width 215.89 mm
Exterior Depth 17.780035560071124 mm
Exterior Height 144.78028956057915 mm
It's a real shame that my tablet is 17.780035560071125mm deep, or else this would certainly have been the pouch for me!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 11th May 2015 at 01:51.
Old 11th May 2015, 10:57   #3163
BHPian

I am purchasing a cable modem from Olx from someone in another city. Is there some form of escrow method of payment to protect us buyers? I tried the quikr method of purchasing but those guys do not respond to multiple emails and purchase indications.
Old 11th May 2015, 13:59   #3164
BHPian

Please dont buy stuff of Quickr and Olx from other cities. It would be better if you do a face to face transaction for these types of sites. There is no method of escrow and if the deal goes wrong you have lost your money for sure.

On Aliexpress, I have bought atleast 15-20 items as of now and as long as you realise that some of them may not be of the same quality that you get for 3-4 times the price you are fine.

I got a refund on two products as well and the money was credited to my CC within a few days of sorting out the dispute.

Overall I am very happy with a majority of the stuff I have ordered, but be careful and read the item description. Please ask all questions before placing an order.

Last edited by mav2000 : 11th May 2015 at 14:02.
Old 11th May 2015, 16:05   #3165
Senior - BHPian

First bad experience from AliExpress - ordered a powerbank, which was sent back by customs citing 'Undeliverable Item'. I tried to check with the seller about the status and since he was not responding properly, I asked for a refund.
The seller somehow is blaming me for the return and said he will return my amount minus the return shipping charge (he is charging 8$ return shipping charge for a 20$ item).

Since we could not agree on the refund amount after few rounds of negotiations, I escalated the dispute. To my surprise, they (The AliExpress Case Management Team) is saying that the shipment was returned because my address is undeliverable and so I am responsible for paying the return shipment.

I have posted proof that all my previous purchases have reached the same address without any issue and the status is not Undeliverable address but Undeliverable Item. Now waiting for updates.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks