Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 12:22   #3901
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Ordered car accessory from Amazon.com on 10th Aug. Seller (from China) shipped the item in couple of days through Chinapost but the tracking information remains same for past 20 days. Is this normal? I mailed Chinapost, but no response for more than a week.
Attachment 1410954
Raised a 'Refund Request' on 10th Sep and the amount got credited to my C/Card account on 11th Sep. Though the intention isn't accomplished, I'm satisfied with the Amazon A-to-z guarantee.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:25   #3902
Distinguished - BHPian

Ali is becoming pretty unreliable for low ticket/under 10$ items, where it doesnt make sense to pay close the price for shipping, and you choose standard shipping.
Tracking numbers do not work, and sellers just raise their hands, asking for more time.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:30   #3903
Distinguished - BHPian

My Flipkart First subscription expired on 12-Sep, and I've chosen not to renew it because:
  • Flipkart's app-first (and potentially app-only) push
  • WSRetail is no longer stocking several items that I'm interested in
  • Due to the above 2 reasons, I've pared down my shopping on Flipkart to only those items that are exclusive to Flipkart (e.g. the Moto phones) or have a significant price advantage over Amazon.in
Now I'm waiting on Amazon to launch their Amazon Prime service in India
Old 14th September 2015, 13:04   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Same here, I am not renewing. Doesn't make sense since I have reduced shopping so much and most of it isn't on Flipkart. Would be nice to have Amazon Prime here.
Old 14th September 2015, 15:51   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
My Flipkart First subscription expired on 12-Sep, and I've chosen not to renew it because:
  • Due to the above 2 reasons, I've pared down my shopping on Flipkart to only those items that are exclusive to Flipkart (e.g. the Moto phones) or have a significant price advantage over Amazon.in
Mine is expiring on 29th, still thinking whether to renew it or not.

BTW When is Amazon launching their Prime Service? I had read somewhere that they are planning to launch in August itself. But no news still
Old 14th September 2015, 16:04   #3906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Ali is becoming pretty unreliable for low ticket/under 10$ items, where it doesnt make sense to pay close the price for shipping, and you choose standard shipping.
Tracking numbers do not work, and sellers just raise their hands, asking for more time.
You can always raise a dispute and get the refund if the item has not reached you. AFAIK, the seller can extend the delivery time only once.
Old 14th September 2015, 16:22   #3907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have been asked by the seller to send a picture of my ID card (Photo and Name proof) as customs will be needing this.
Look for another seller. It is not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
This is just not required. I have never been asked for this. I would not trust sending my identifiable information to someone I do not know
+1
Old 14th September 2015, 16:25   #3908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

You can always raise a dispute and get the refund if the item has not reached you. AFAIK, the seller can extend the delivery time only once.
yes, buyer protection in Ali is unparalleled. I've always got my money back, but I didn't order money.
Old 14th September 2015, 16:31   #3909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Flipkart First subscription expired on 12-Sep, and I've chosen not to renew it ... ... ...
Good idea, but, from their [desktop] site...

Quote:
To modify or cancel your subscription, please call our customer care @ 1800 208 9898
What a nasty, cynical, mean-minded tactic: make it harder for the customer so maybe they think twice.

Compare with my recent experience with Amazon.com --- a mail saying, you didn't even use it, so we will refund the whole amount!

That's the kind of customer service that leads to customer loyalty. Flipkart take note!
Old 14th September 2015, 17:30   #3910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Quote:
My Flipkart First subscription expired on 12-Sep, and I've chosen not to renew it
Good idea, but, from their [desktop] site...
Quote:
To modify or cancel your subscription, please call our customer care @ 1800 208 9898
The good thing is, when the subscription expired it silently went to a status of 'Inactive'. It didn't auto-renew (good, I'd have been furious otherwise), and surprisingly, it didn't even inform me via email about the impending expiry. I just knew I'd started this in September, so made a casual check, and found it was inactive. Good riddance!

The part you've quoted is probably to do with cancellation of the subscription when it is still active. That said, I agree with your sentiment - force people to call a number, where they will most likely end up on hold waiting for an agent. All this will make people opt for the easier 'do nothing' approach of waiting for the subscription to expire, and saves Flipkart a bit by not having to refund a prorated amount.

Flipkart missed a trick here by not turning on auto-renewal of this subscription. I can almost picture their sales pitch in my head :
"We know your time is busy, and we respect your time. For that reason, we've made it easier for you to renew your Flipkart First subscription - you don't have to do anything, it will be renewed automatically. To modify or cancel your subscription, please call our customer care at 1 800 208 9898."
Old 14th September 2015, 18:44   #3911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ditto - my Flipkart first service expired and I never bothered to renew. Also, uninstalled their apps from my phone and my wife's phone. If they don't give us choice on how to access their site, it is my choice to take my business else ware.
Waiting eagerly for Amazon to launch their Amazon prime service in India.

--Anoop
Old 14th September 2015, 18:52   #3912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Also, uninstalled their apps from my phone and my wife's phone. If they don't give us choice on how to access their site, it is my choice to take my business else ware -Anoop
I totally agree about the irritating need to choose 'Request desktop site' every time I access FK on my Android devices.
Old 14th September 2015, 19:02   #3913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I totally agree about the irritating need to choose 'Request desktop site' every time I access FK on my Android devices.
Stop complaining, at least you have that choice on Chrome/Android

With Internet Explorer on Windows Phone, even when I choose that option, Flipkart takes me to the 'app' page. Grr.

OT: Freudian typo, I typed it as Flopkart
Old 14th September 2015, 20:41   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Correctly said Arun. Even I am not planning to renew my Flipkart First Subscription. Though I have paid Rs.499/- last year, I have not used it even for once. FK rates are comparatively higher than the competitors (likes Amazon & others). So I have never got a chance to use it. Not planning to renew.
Old 14th September 2015, 20:48   #3915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Kyc is required by DHL and Fedex now.
Ditto. DHL has sought my KYC documents for a promotional product being shipped from USA by my employer.

I see this notification from CBEC GoI: http://www.eiciindia.org/frontsite/C...10-Customs.pdf

-BJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks