Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 10:01   #3856
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
... but the tracking information remains same for past 20 days. Is this normal?
Possibly stuck at India customs office at Kolkatta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Am confused about which one to go for. Why this ambiguity :banghead:
This is because of their respective business models. I would suggest Amazon - for the ease returns, if you need to.

Last edited by condor : 6th September 2015 at 10:04.
Old 6th September 2015, 10:05   #3857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Ordered car accessory from Amazon.com on 10th Aug. Seller (from China) shipped the item in couple of days through Chinapost but the tracking information remains same for past 20 days. Is this normal? I mailed Chinapost, but no response for more than a week.
Attachment 1410954
Well, same here with me too. Ordered from Aliexpress. Status has not changed since 17th August. It has to come to Chennai. Two other order done the same time came 2 weeks back.

*Next OfficeExtra Information8/11/2015 10:48:00 PMChina518103Receive item from customer (Otb)AirKOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE8/16/2015 10:09:00 AMChinaBEIJINGInsert item into bag (Otb)AirKOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE8/17/2015 8:01:00 AMChinaBEIJINGSend item abroad (EDI-received)AirKOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

Last edited by anandtheleo : 6th September 2015 at 10:06.
Old 6th September 2015, 14:51   #3858
BHPian

Kolkata customs are one of the slowest to process the inbound packages. They take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to process a single package. No reason is given either.

Generally, i estimate 2-3 weeks as the time required to receive a package from China. If it gets stuck with Kolkata customs, the time estimate just doubles
Old 6th September 2015, 15:37   #3859
Senior - BHPian

I mis-ordered a printer from snapdeal last week. The reverse logistics was unbelievable. requested Sunday noon, picked up Monday afternoon, and refunded Wed morning!

Hats off to their team.
Old 6th September 2015, 18:21   #3860
BHPian

I bought a laptop from Amazon on August. When checked in Dell website, warranty began from April itself. Raised it with Amazon. They gave me two option. 1) Refund 2) Amazon warantly from April16 to Aug16. I opted for the first. Amazon courier guy picked it up day before yesterday, money refunded to my account on yesterday. Not a pleasant experience regarding waranty issue but liked the way Amazon handled it.
Old 6th September 2015, 18:55   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I bought a laptop from Amazon on August. When checked in Dell website, warranty began from April itself. Raised it with Amazon. They gave me two option. 1) Refund 2) Amazon warantly from April16 to Aug16. I opted for the first. Amazon courier guy picked it up day before yesterday, money refunded to my account on yesterday. Not a pleasant experience regarding waranty issue but liked the way Amazon handled it.
Had the same issue with a HP laptop I bought online recently. HP website showed the warranty started 80 days before my purchase. Called HP customer care and explained the situation, was asked to send a copy of the invoice and after verification the warranty has been issued from the date mentioned on the invoice. So I think it's better to call the manufacturer first since no manufacturer would want to loose a customer.
Old 6th September 2015, 21:33   #3862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I mis-ordered a printer from snapdeal last week. The reverse logistics was unbelievable.
Ditto my weekend experience on Amazon. Had ordered portfolio case and screen guard for my Nexus 9 tablet, only (what was I thinking??) what I ordered were for the Nexus 7. Figured it out only when I received the first package. The portfolio case was Amazon fulfilled, so I got the refund as soon as it was picked up. The screen guard wasn't, so the status says the original vendor has to receive the return.
Old 6th September 2015, 23:08   #3863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I faced a similar issue with my Dell laptop purchase from Flipkart. Extended warranty wasn't showing up properly. Raised a complaint with Dell guys and now the warranty is for 5 years instead of 3 years
Old 7th September 2015, 22:15   #3864
BHPian

I ordered a 'Replacement Battery' for my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Amazon.in. Since this is not my primary use phone (I use the Samsung A7 mainly), I ordered the cheapest battery I could find - for Rs.315.

It was delivered some days back and I charged it fully before first use. It looks exactly like the OEM one but is a fake (as it was not sealed or packed). It worked fine for a couple of days but has started depleting very fast now. Moreover, as the battery reaches the 25% mark, the phone just blanks - switches off anytime between 30-40% charge. And I have to charge the battery again - where it charges from 0% onwards.

Is this normal? Am I expecting too much from a 300 rupee product? Should I ask a replacement or refund from the seller? It came with 3 month vendor warranty for manufacturing defects.

PS. My earlier battery (original) started swelling up. Gradually it broke my screen guard as the battery was forcing and bending the middle portion out. At that time also, it used to deplete very fast but went off only at 0%. After the swelling issue, it switches off even if battery levels were around 30%. Is it a problem with my phone?

MODS - Please move to the right thread if needed.
Old 8th September 2015, 08:21   #3865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
I ordered a 'Replacement Battery' for my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Amazon.in. Since this is not my primary use phone (I use the Samsung A7 mainly), I ordered the cheapest battery I could find - for Rs.315.

It was delivered some days back and I charged it fully before first use. It looks exactly like the OEM one but is a fake (as it was not sealed or packed). It worked fine for a couple of days but has started depleting very fast now. Moreover, as the battery reaches the 25% mark, the phone just blanks - switches off anytime between 30-40% charge. And I have to charge the battery again - where it charges from 0% onwards.

Is this normal? Am I expecting too much from a 300 rupee product? Should I ask a replacement or refund from the seller? It came with 3 month vendor warranty for manufacturing defects.

PS. My earlier battery (original) started swelling up. Gradually it broke my screen guard as the battery was forcing and bending the middle portion out. At that time also, it used to deplete very fast but went off only at 0%. After the swelling issue, it switches off even if battery levels were around 30%. Is it a problem with my phone?

MODS - Please move to the right thread if needed.
Remember the Nokia BL-5C series battery issues that plagued customers a decade back probably ? Battery swelling, exploding.

Why are you taking chances with something that will be used in physical contact with you all the time ?
Please return the battery, claim a refund.
Go to the nearest Samsung SC, buy an original battery. Should not cost you more than 1000 bucks.
Old 8th September 2015, 10:03   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Remember the Nokia BL-5C series battery issues that plagued customers a decade back probably ? Battery swelling, exploding.

Why are you taking chances with something that will be used in physical contact with you all the time ?
Please return the battery, claim a refund.
Go to the nearest Samsung SC, buy an original battery. Should not cost you more than 1000 bucks.
Actually I don't use this phone much. I have it as a spare and use only when there's a problem with my other phone. So I bought this cheapest possible option.

But I have asked for a refund now. Will be getting the original battery, costs around 1200 bucks.
Old 8th September 2015, 12:31   #3867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
Actually I don't use this phone much. I have it as a spare and use only when there's a problem with my other phone. So I bought this cheapest possible option.

But I have asked for a refund now. Will be getting the original battery, costs around 1200 bucks.
Nice. Good decision
The S4 is a good phone, so it deserves a good battery too
Old 8th September 2015, 12:34   #3868
BHPian

I have 2 small aliexpress shipments that are stuck in Kolkata Airport Customs - one from early July and another from mid August.
Should I be writing to someone for clearance of these items or contact the seller for a refund ?
Old 8th September 2015, 12:35   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Kolkata customs are one of the slowest to process the inbound packages.
This is 100% true. They do no work at all it seems.

I have asked for another parcel to be sent via HK post now. Hope that comes directly to Mumbai.
Old 8th September 2015, 12:58   #3870
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Kolkata customs are one of the slowest to process the inbound packages. They take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to process a single package. No reason is given either.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This is 100% true. They do no work at all it seems.
I fully agree and I'm tired of this process but no choice.

I have 9 packages stuck since mid - august. Some tracking data says the 'Item is inserted in the bag (otb)'. Some tracking data says 'Sent to customs (Mumbai)' and some tracking data says at 'Kolkata sorting office!'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have 2 small aliexpress shipments that are stuck in Kolkata Airport Customs
Message the seller asking for refund. They do generally give it and if they object then raise a dispute.

You have purchase protection saying if the package doesn't reach you within the stipulated period them full amount refund (Product cost + shipping cost of any).

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th September 2015 at 13:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks