Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 12:37   #3976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Toshiba 2 TB portable hard drives are available on Snapdeal for really good prices. 5800 odd, with 10% cash back with State Bank cards. That's the cheapest I've come across online.

Anybody using Toshiba hard drives? Any user opinions?
I have been using Toshiba basic 1TB HDD since 1 year and am happy with it. Ordered another one from amazon last month and now have 2 Toshiba HDD. Am a happy customer both were around 3800 bucks. I will recommend u going for the Brand.
Old 29th September 2015, 13:13   #3977
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Had a happy and hassle-free shopping experience with amazon.com.
I have ordered a healthcare product from US on 19th September and received it today. The estimated delivery date while ordering was between 2nd and 7th October. It was an item sold by amazon.com and I have chosen the slowest shipping option. Aramex was the carrier and they requested for a hard copy of KYC document in order to receive the shipment.

The Online Shopping Thread-aramex.jpg
Old 29th September 2015, 14:39   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Guys, ordered something off AliExpress and the tracking and shipping is done by them. So the tracking id is of this format - HNXXXXXXXXXAE. They provided a tracking site - http://global.cainiao.com/ and it works, but is not showing any information at destination country. Any ideas?

PS - has been more than 2 weeks, so am sure it has left China.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:06   #3979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, ordered something off AliExpress and the tracking and shipping is done by them. So the tracking id is of this format - HNXXXXXXXXXAE. They provided a tracking site - http://global.cainiao.com/ and it works, but is not showing any information at destination country. Any ideas?

PS - has been more than 2 weeks, so am sure it has left China.
Try this: http://www.17track.net/en/
Old 29th September 2015, 15:10   #3980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Yeah tried all the usual suspects, no luck. Have sent a mail to the seller, lets see.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:26   #3981
Distinguished - BHPian

Reg the HDD's, I got a much better price for a Seagate Backup Plus 1TB last week.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:27   #3982
Team-BHP Support

Just got delivery of an Strontium microSD from Amazon (order fulfilled by Amazon), the MRP on the package is lower than the price I paid. Malpractice I need to report or is this usual?
Old 29th September 2015, 15:30   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Just got delivery of an Strontium microSD from Amazon (order fulfilled by Amazon), the MRP on the package is lower than the price I paid. Malpractice I need to report or is this usual?
Report it. Amazon will usually sensitize the seller and refund you the difference. Take a photo of MRP sticker as proof.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:50   #3984
Senior - BHPian

The antenna I had ordered from Aliexpress came after 2 months. I did not see any benefit or signal gain. I wrote back to the seller. She was nice to deal with. We tried other options - products - to consider. I even made an extra payment to cover the additional cost.
Turned out the other product could not be sent via Singapore post (due to magnet) and I had insisted not to send via China post (due to delay). Since HK post was not an option, she gave me refund for both the orders.

One of the refunds was via paypal since the dispute window was already over.

I lost money on the forex part (to Paypal), but I am still happy dealing with the seller.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:58   #3985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Toshiba 2 TB portable hard drives are available on Snapdeal for really good prices. 5800 odd, with 10% cash back with State Bank cards. That's the cheapest I've come across online.

Anybody using Toshiba hard drives? Any user opinions?
I have two 1Tb external HDD, Toshiba(usb3) and Seagate Goflex (usb2), bought on the same day two or three years ago. I only use them for backups (keeping one off-site). The Goflex is now sometimes appearing to be empty when connected, but the Tosh gives no problems at all, except cosmetic: the rubberised edge started to feel a bit sticky.

Any odd behaviour from an HDD should be taken seriously. I'll replace the Goflex soon, with a good-bargain 1Tb. I certainly won't mind if it is a Toshiba.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:13   #3986
BHPian

Got my EL Wire today. Had placed the order on 8th sept on Aliexpress.
So almost 21 days it is.
Old 29th September 2015, 17:42   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
This definitely is malpractice, which you need to report!
Old 29th September 2015, 18:19   #3988
Team-BHP Support

Be careful of ShopClues.com They are still living 5 years behind the eCommerce scene across the country. Basically they are nothing but a digital market that allows all kinds of sellers to list their products. Its a low cost operation from all signs of it and I am not sure how much of bg check for their sellers really happen before they are allowed to list.

I recently ordered a Coido Air Pump from them. I zeroed in on them mainly because they were working out to be the cheapest in the market for that model. However, they do not offer COD and I had to make the payment in advance. That was on 21st of Sep. The product is yet to be dispatched. They recently offered me options to either stay put or take a refund. I decided to wait another 5 days for them to arrange the product as I lost some good opportunities to pick up some things at similar or equally competitive prices. At this stage whether I wait or ask them to refund is hardly going to matter. Also, I dont know whether they will refund me the money in the account or give me some store credit which is of no use to me.

Bottomline though is that we need to be cautious of such fly by night organizations which have no real onus for the listings on their sites. They keep a product listed and when the payment is made they inform you that it is out of the stock! Howzzat?!! Also, the best part is that the product is still available on their site for ordering. So that more people can fall into the same trap!

Last edited by Zappo : 29th September 2015 at 18:20.
Old 29th September 2015, 18:52   #3989
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Report it. Amazon will usually sensitize the seller and refund you the difference. Take a photo of MRP sticker as proof.
Quote:
This definitely is malpractice, which you need to report!
Reported it to Amazon via Phone Support and the nice lady promised a refund of the difference amount by means of a gift card.

There ends the good bit. I was sent an email asking for a screenshot of the MRP sticker, which I sent. Just received a response from a different rep. providing me a price+tax+blah blah break-up of my 'cost price' and insisting there's no discrepancy and discounts vary by deal/seller/time of the month blah blah.

All this when I clearly mentioned both on the call and on my email that I'm disputing the actual product MRP, not the discount policy or the deal I got. The listed pre-discount MRP on the store is almost TWICE what it says on the actual package (1299 vs. 657 INR), but Amazon customer service apparently doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I don't care for the minuscule amount I'm due, but then what's stopping these guys from doing the same on high-value purchases? I checked the reviews page for the product I bought and I'm not even the first customer to face this issue. It's a matter of principle (and possible illegal) to misrepresent MRP. Oh well.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th September 2015 at 18:57.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:40   #3990
Distinguished - BHPian

Banggood review

Lately have made purchases of over 15 items valued around 125$ in total from Banggood.com and I must say I am satisfied with the overall service. Few observations compared to Aliexpress.
1. Item collection is not as vast as Aliexpress
2. Electronic,electrical items collection is vast and precise.
3. Haven for RC cars and quadcopter fanatics. All brands, spares available.
4. Items ship faster than aliexpress though the port of origin is China in most cases. Few things I ordered were delivered in 20 days flat through china post. Few orders that I had placed on Ali prior to these are yet to come.
5. Some items are shipped from their Sweden warehouse and you can be 100 percent sure that they will be delivered within 3 weeks. Has happened 3 times to me till now.
6.Tracking charges are almost always extra but is nominal (Less than 2$). If your order value is above a 30$ they add tracking free.
7. Very few fakes in the products. ALi is flooded with fakes of famous brands like xiaomi. But most of the products on BG are original and vertified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks