Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 18:49   #3931
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
At 7.15 pm I saw the update on Aramex website saying that Delivery attempted, address changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
For two consecutive days the tracking showed, Delivery attempted but premises closed.
They play a third trick: that the delivery was postponed at the customer's request. Some stuff I ordered at Amazon India was delayed 3 times by the courier playing this trick on me. It took some 8 days for delivery after the product reached the local hub.

Economic Times had an article a few days ago that courier delivery chaps were hard to find, don't stick around etc., and courier companies had to hike pay by 150-200% to keep them.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 18th September 2015 at 18:51.
Old 20th September 2015, 15:32   #3932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
2 of mine has been stuck since mid July - have lost hope now but the vendor is pleading for more time. So will give him another fortnight and then raise a refund claim.
While waiting for my packages, I had called up Kolkata post office asking for status of my package. They asked about the status on the tracking website, which was "EDI received". They said the package is not yet received. Once the package is recieved, the status would change from EDI received. I thought the Kolkata post office was just being lazy.

I had then sent a mail to the vendor on Aliexpress asking mode of transport. It looks like they send by sea (surface transport). Especially for the free shipping items. Hence 15-20 days from date of shipping before it reaches Kolkata post office, Then the delay at customs before it reaches us.

So - dont order anything unless you are willing to wait a couple of months
Old 20th September 2015, 19:20   #3933
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried ordering from http://www.jazzmyride.com - do they ship quickly?
Old 20th September 2015, 19:50   #3934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Curious on how the exchange rates work while shopping at AliExpress.
Anyone using SBI Card with feedback to share.
Have you got an answer to this ?
I use SBI C/c, and the overall charges came to about Rs 2.xx over the official exchaange rate.
Old 21st September 2015, 01:38   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Has anyone tried ordering from http://www.jazzmyride.com - do they ship quickly?
Hi BenjiRoss,

I have ordered a few items from JazzmyRide.com over the past couple of years.
No issues so to speak. They ship fairly quickly. Based in Noida/Delhi and it takes about 4 days to reach Goa.
I have never returned any of their stuff so can't speak for their refund policy.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
SS
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:31   #3936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Wifey Birthday is approaching.

Wanted to gift her a mobile to replace her old Xolo A500S.

Was looking at the Lenovo K3 Note or the A6000 Plus.

Unfortunately, Flipkart is playing games and none of the Lenovo Phones are available with this funny "Coming Soon" tag every time I log in.

Checked out a few brick & mortar stores but they have only old Lenovo phones.
The newer ones are only available online.

Can someone suggest how long does it normally take to by one smartphone in open sale!!

Also, if any reviews pertaining to the K3 or A6000/7000 Plus will be highly appreciated.
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:52   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

So - dont order anything unless you are willing to wait a couple of months
I have noticed that Hong Kong Post Air Mail comes through New Delhi and customs are cleared quickly. Reference HKP tracking number

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswe...&Submit=Submit

Ordered on 28/08/15 and received item at Guwahati on 8/09/15.

Another Item which was shipped through China Post Registered Air Mail took around 30 days to deliver. Reference tracking number

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswe...&Submit=Submit

So now I look for seller on Aliexpress who ship through Hong Kong Post or offer HK Post shipping at a nominal additional cost.

Last edited by Shakensoul : 22nd September 2015 at 10:55.
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:59   #3938
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I have noticed that Hong Kong Post Air Mail comes through New Delhi and customs are cleared quickly.

So now I look for seller on Aliexpress who ship through Hong Kong Post or offer HK Post shipping at a nominal additional cost.
You are lucky with HK post.

I have multiple orders and I use HK post maximum as I can but they either land at Kolkata or Chennai. Both these offices are lethargic and the clearance takes anywhere between 7 to 9 days.

One upside of this delay is, I get full refund due to buyers protection. I wait for 10 days plus their quoted "On time Delivery" time-frame. If it crosses that then I raise a dispute.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd September 2015 at 11:15.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:05   #3939
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Wifey Birthday is approaching.
Wanted to gift her a mobile to replace her old Xolo A500S.
Go for Moto G3 - 16GB / 2GB RAM version at 13k.
Been using it since last 3 weeks. Brilliant phone. Unbeatable reliability.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:52   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
Also, if any reviews pertaining to the K3 or A6000/7000 Plus will be highly appreciated.
My friend is using the Lenovo K3 Note. Although he has no complaints from the phone and its functioning, he says that Lenovo SC takes a tad longer for repairs or replacements. It took them around 2 weeks (16 days) to replace a faulty motherboard in the K3, which resulted in sudden discharging of the phone after 40% level.

From what I have felt after using the phone, I would say it is good for the money. Slightly boxy (I am used to Samsung designs) but appropriate size for ease of use and looks. It does feel good in the hand. Performance wise, it gets a bit laggy running a 56mb game (when many basic applications are open in the background) but is smooth for normal usage (internet browsing, camera, reading, etc.). The large display is sharp and vivid, albiet you have to keep the brightness at a higher level. Camera quality is good both at the front and back (13 and 5 MP) in daylight and colours are surprisingly vivid and lively. Battery lasts a day of normal usage easily at 70-80% brightness level.

Last edited by vin11 : 22nd September 2015 at 11:55.
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:36   #3941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Another Item which was shipped through China Post Registered Air Mail took around 30 days to deliver. Reference tracking number
Thanks for that ! It helped me to see the sequence of the delivery. My items have been showing sent from CN, but do not show as received in IN.
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:16   #3942
J.Ravi

Quote:
any reviews pertaining to the K3
I am enjoying my Lenovo K3 Note from the past two months. Within a few days of buying from Flipkart, the selfie camera stopped working. I took it to the service centre and got it rectified immediately on the spot. I am using it for navigation (NaviMaps) & browsing apart from phoning. I don't play games. I am fully satisfied with K3. It's VFM. :thumbup:

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd September 2015 at 13:21.

Old 22nd September 2015, 23:39   #3943
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart sold me a fake Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I had ordered a Galaxy Note 4 phone from Flipkart.com. When I switched on the phone, the menu appeared in Chinese. Took it to the nearest Samsung service center and they say it is fake By fake, the model is not meant for the Indian market and Samsung India will not honor the warranty. Contacted the Flipkart customer care, who agreed for a refund for the product but said they are unable to replace the phone with an original one.

Now this is what that concerns me.
a. They still have Note 4 listed on their site but cannot guarantee the authenticity of the product.
b. They are taking the customer for a ride. I have wasted my time and money running behind this. I am yet to get a refund.
c. The product most likely is brought to India by-passing the customs and hence they are cheating the govt.

Either this or is this a convoluted strategy by FK to steer customers away from Samsung to other brands (like motorola with whom they have exclusive tie up)? Could very well be a possibility since WS Retail doesn't seem to sell this phone or other Samsung flagships.

I want to spread this word as much as possible. Mailing Samsung asking them to check and bring out a notification regarding this. Simply can't take this BS sitting down.
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:43   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Took it to the nearest Samsung service center and they say it is fake By fake, the model is not meant for the Indian market and Samsung India will not honor the warranty.

This doesn't mean it's a fake right? It's probably sold by another seller who is dealing in Grey market products. Does the listing say Manufacturer warranty or dealer warranty?
Old 23rd September 2015, 00:29   #3945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
This doesn't mean it's a fake right? It's probably sold by another seller who is dealing in Grey market products. Does the listing say Manufacturer warranty or dealer warranty?
"Fake" was the word used by the Samsung service center technician.
I wouldn't write this post if it said dealer warranty, would I?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks