Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 23:39   #3916
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

How long does Kolkatta customs take to clear small packages ? Recent posts indicate more than 2 weeks.
Would like to hear from someone who has received their Ali exp packages (for values utpo 25$)
Old 14th September 2015, 23:54   #3917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Ditto. DHL has sought my KYC documents for a promotional product being shipped from USA by my employer.

I see this notification from CBEC GoI: http://www.eiciindia.org/frontsite/C...10-Customs.pdf

-BJ
I got something shipped from eBay US, and I got a mail from the guys asking for ID proof. I forgot to send it, but the thing got delivered anyway without any follow ups from them, and as per promised schedule. Do believe there's still some random interpretation of whether this is to be implemented or not.
Old 15th September 2015, 09:20   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How long does Kolkatta customs take to clear small packages ? Recent posts indicate more than 2 weeks.
Would like to hear from someone who has received their Ali exp packages (for values utpo 25$)
2 of mine has been stuck since mid July - have lost hope now but the vendor is pleading for more time. So will give him another fortnight and then raise a refund claim.
Old 15th September 2015, 18:26   #3919
BHPian

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered my first item from AliExpress, a USB Cable Adapter for Acer Iconia tab. This is for delivery in Hyderabad. Hope it doesn't get caught in customs wrangle.

Anything I need to take care of?
Old 15th September 2015, 20:04   #3920
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have finally taken the plunge and ordered my first item from AliExpress, a USB Cable Adapter for Acer Iconia tab. This is for delivery in Hyderabad. Hope it doesn't get caught in customs wrangle.

Anything I need to take care of?
Nothing to worry. If it is China Registered post that you have selected as the shipping method then sit back and relax.

The USB cable adapter will reach you by the time you grow old and that Tab will become outdated.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:08   #3921
BHPian

As per the tracking update on AliExpress, the carrier is HongKong Post Air Mail. Have I been lucky?
Old 16th September 2015, 12:47   #3922
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
As per the tracking update on AliExpress, the carrier is HongKong Post Air Mail. Have I been lucky?
Yes, your slight lucky. It'll reach you within 30 days.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:25   #3923
BHPian

If I order from the US (say, Amazon US), which port will it come in to and what delays can I expect? I am in Bangalore and it will be the first time I am ordering from the US and getting it shipped. Till now, somebody visiting from the US has brought my stuff. No such luck now.

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:33   #3924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
If I order from the US (say, Amazon US), which port will it come in to and what delays can I expect? I am in Bangalore and it will be the first time I am ordering from the US and getting it shipped.
I've ordered several items from Amazon UK and US, and have almost never had delays. I've ordered electronics (dashcams, and associated kit) and hand tools. Nothing big and bulky.

The only time there was a delay was when customs requested KYC documentation, resulting in a delay of 3 days. (@ the Ali Express crowd, yes, that's a delay of three days ). Even in this case, I reached out to Amazon's customer service, who followed up with their delivery partner (DHL, I think) to expedite things. I didn't have to approach the Indian Customs guys at all.

These orders fly in to the Bangalore KIAL airport, and customs examination also occurs there.

They usually give 3 shipping speeds, I've usually chosen the slowest and middle one, and used the fastest one only once (ordered on Monday, got it on Thursday same week). You can expect the items to be received within 7-15 days of ordering.

If you're fine with the price of shipping + customs, then go for it - its a totally hassle-free experience.

Last edited by arunphilip : 16th September 2015 at 19:39.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:34   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
If I order from the US (say, Amazon US), which port will it come in to and what delays can I expect? I am in Bangalore and it will be the first time I am ordering from the US and getting it shipped. Till now, somebody visiting from the US has brought my stuff. No such luck now.

Thanks.
I ordered Optoma Projector HD141x from USA last month. I received it 8-10 days after ordering, so fast is their service. I paid customs online on Amazon website, they have a provision for paying customs on their website. Overall, a hassle free process.

Last edited by mercedised : 16th September 2015 at 19:49.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:41   #3926
BHPian

Thanks Arun & mercedised. Unfortunately Amz US is not showing the stuff I want and I may have to buy from a reliable vendor in NY City who ships to "most international locations". Not sure how that will pan out. I will write to them and find out.
Old 18th September 2015, 14:19   #3927
BHPian

Needed some spares for an old blackberry phone in Bangalore.

Stumbled upon this site called Maxbhi.

http://www.maxbhi.com/

Has anyone made any purchases from this website?
Wanted to know how reliable they are since COD option is not available.
Old 18th September 2015, 16:18   #3928
Senior - BHPian

Had a harrowing time with the Aramex courier recently. Had ordered Panasonic camera battery on E-bay and the seller turned out to be in Mumbai. Had called him and request for an early depatch. Got the airway bill no of the delivery and was through Aramex. I had called their customer care on Wednesday i.e 16th Sept and requested them to be delivered on that itself as next being Ganpati would be an Holiday and since my folks would not be at home on Friday and me travelling on Saturday and Sunday the latest I could get was by Tuesday 22nd. I was expecting them to deliver by around 5pm after I saw the tracking status on Aramex website saying the consignment was out for delivery. Till 7 pm, there was no sign of delivery. At 7.15 pm I saw the update on Aramex website saying that Delivery attempted, address changed. My folks were at home all through the day and these guys conveniently updated the status as address changed. Googled and found their Thane office staff and blasted him on phone for wrong status. Within 30 mins, the delivery was at my door without me having to give any directions. The courier companies seem to assume that they can get away with anything.
Old 18th September 2015, 16:29   #3929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Within 30 mins, the delivery was at my door without me having to give any directions. The courier companies seem to assume that they can get away with anything.
I had a very similar experience with Blue dart. I had ordered Car Mobile Mount through E Bay. For two consecutive days the tracking showed, Delivery attempted but premises closed. It was surprising since my wife was always at home these two days. Third day being a saturday, I received a call from the local hub and realised the delivery guy was going to the wrong address .

Explained him the right address and was promised a delivery in 2 hours. However till evening no one showed up. On calling up the delivery guys phone, all calls went un answered. By 5:30 PM the status for the day again showed Delivery attempted- Premises closed. This really pissed me off. I had been waiting whole day to get delivery of the item and had not left the house even for a moment. Called up the customer care and blasted them. The executive (poor lady got a piece of my mind for no fault of hers) promised to look into the issue and get the item delivered on Monday since they seemingly dont deliver on Sundays.

However the Mount was finally delivered on Sunday itself without the need to make any further calls.
Old 18th September 2015, 16:43   #3930
Distinguished - BHPian

kolkata post office
033-22439576,
033-22318409

Kolkata Airport (incoming):
033-22623936

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks