Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 01:35   #3091
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
If any on you shop on eBay, you can use the coupon code 10EBAYDEAL for a 10% off on all products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
You can save more by using pay by Mobikwik Wallet option. Usually they give 10 percent cashback
Not sure how one can save "more" when both are 10%. Or did you mean that the Mobikwik option involves 10% discount + 10% cashback (ie, total = 19%)?
Old 30th April 2015, 01:38   #3092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not sure how one can save "more" when both are 10%. Or did you mean that the Mobikwik option involves 10% discount + 10% cashback (ie, total = 19%)?
Yes, 10 percent discount plus 10 percent cashback (as Mobikwik money)
Old 30th April 2015, 11:56   #3093
Senior - BHPian

I made a purchase on flipkart today. When I was about to make the online payment by entering my credit card details, I noticed that flipkart compulsarily saves your credit card information.

Most other payment gateways have the option to save the credit card information, but the customer is given the option to save or not to save.

I know that flipkart only saves the card number, card holder's name and expiry date. It does not save the CVV number or 3D secure password. But I don't want them to save any of my credit card's information.

(I did not allow flipkart to save my credit card details. I made the payment through netbaking)

Is this normal nowadays ? I feel people should complain against such tactics.

Rohan
Old 30th April 2015, 12:19   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Most other payment gateways have the option to save the credit card information, but the customer is given the option to save or not to save.

I know that flipkart only saves the card number, card holder's name and expiry date. It does not save the CVV number or 3D secure password. But I don't want them to save any of my credit card's information.

Is this normal nowadays ? I feel people should complain against such tactics.
You probably have a point; that FK should ask give you the choice of saving or not saving the card details (and not force you to save-and-delete as it is currently). I think you should let them know about your concern.

Having said that, I personally don't have a problem with this practice - it makes shopping that much easier. I have my card info saved on some sites (FK, Amazon, Cleartrip & BMS as of now).
Old 30th April 2015, 13:33   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Having said that, I personally don't have a problem with this practice - it makes shopping that much easier. I have my card info saved on some sites (FK, Amazon, Cleartrip & BMS as of now).
Despite my reservations (same as expressed by rohan_iitr), the card details are saved in FreeCharge.

The latest version (ver 4.3) is now reading the OTP sent by the card issuer and asks for my confirmation i.e. it is able to read the SMS and capture the OTP sent on SMS and can enter it as input in the 3D Secure screen!Not sure if this is a good sign...

(I had enforced control on privacy through permissions - however, something went wrong with the phone and all the restrictions have vanished )

Last edited by vrprabhu : 30th April 2015 at 13:40. Reason: updated the version number & emphasis
Old 30th April 2015, 15:38   #3096
Team-BHP Support

When did this happen? My last Flipkart purchase was a week ago, and there was no such restriction then. I just verified my account and the saved cards section is blank. What am I missing?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th April 2015 at 16:02.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:17   #3097
BHPian

I used to buy lot of items online from various reputed vendors. In most of the cases,they send the consignment through a shady courier Aramex. This particular logistics company is notorious in not delivering the consignment to the addressee most of the times and mark as customer not available. If you try to contact the local office theirs,they would never pick up the phone,leave alone answer. In Trivandrum,this Aramex have an local office,who have this habit.I reside in the heart of the city in a posh residential colony,but still they would never turn up. This ends up in creating a bad record about us with vendors.Now,I have stopped online purchases on account of this issue. Hope,through Team BHP,atleast some of the online vendors take note. I also request other members,who have had similar problems with Aramex to post their experiences.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:34   #3098
Senior - BHPian

The law of averages has caught up regarding AliExpress. The last 2 items I ordered have just reached me - a month after placing the order. And a cheap SD card that I purchased isn't working fine. Oh well. My first electronics purchase from there and first failed product.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:10   #3099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
This particular logistics company is notorious in not delivering the consignment to the addressee most of the times and mark as customer not available.
I 100% agree to it. Most of the times it is exactly the same reason as posted by you. One more favorite reasons amongst others are "Customer premises/door locked". The first time it happened I was very frustated as it was a high value product that I had been waiting. So I called up and blasted some senior guy who assured me that he will personally attend to this problem. However, I got the package delivered the next day. But then I started noticing this update from Aramex a bit too frequently and next day it would get delivered. The status would change from Out for Delivery to Customer Door locked until next day when it would again show as Delivery attempted again. I understand that they have now made it their national habit by seeing your post.

Surprisingly my last few deliveries from Aramex have been fine without any hiccups of that sort. But it is my one of the most hated logistics company now.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:12   #3100
Team-BHP Support

I ordered two things from Aliexpress. A pair of headphones (for 96 cents ) hasn't reached me even after a month while a pair of short pants that was finally delivered was actually XS size labelled as L.

No more aliexpress for me !
Old 30th April 2015, 17:21   #3101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
A pair of headphones (for 96 cents ) hasn't reached me even after a month while a pair of short pants that was finally delivered was actually XS size labelled as L.
Clothes - not so sure but I think the headphones will reach you Eddy. Did you get a tracking number with it? China Post I am guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
No more aliexpress for me !
Please! No say that! Item reach you. If no, full refund. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th April 2015 at 17:22.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:27   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Just curious,

What drives you guys (no offence intended) to actually order from Ali express. When there are better local (Indian) stores and cheaper as well.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:31   #3103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Destination Country-India

2015-04-10 00:00 India Arrive at India Airport-(Yanwen's Track End)
Original Country-Yanwen[5100072922843] To China Post Air Mail[]

2015-04-06 00:00 BeiJing Handled by Airline,Flight No. SQ803
2015-04-05 00:00 Beijing Internationg Mail Center Prepare to Dispatch
2015-04-04 00:00 BeiJing Arrived at Beijing Internationg Mail Center
2015-04-04 00:00 Beijing Internationg Mail Center Received
2015-04-03 20:00 ShangHai Despatched from Yanwen ShangHai Sorting Center
2015-04-03 18:00 ShangHai Arrived at Yanwen ShangHai Sorting Center
This is what the tracking for the headphones says. Not sure what to make of it.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:32   #3104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Just curious,

What drives you guys (no offence intended) to actually order from Ali express. When there are better local (Indian) stores and cheaper as well.
Cheaper?
Case in point: an iPhone cover, same thing, on eBay will be 2-3 times than on Ali.
Even better, just compare LEDs, car or home. And these guys source it from Ali, or from the same maker, resell it at a higher price.
Old 30th April 2015, 19:56   #3105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I got a wallet case for my iphone 6 plus with the phone having a magnetic back shield, which helps it to be removed from the wallet when needed. I am sure I wouldnt find that in the local market. It cost me 475rs.

Also some of the stuff is innovative and I find them to be cheaper than India. I just got socks delivered which were 10 pairs, white, for ~500rs. It is the kind I used to purchase from the US and at more or less the same price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks