Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 13:32   #6961
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I checked cashify and they are offering Rs 3000 more, but the trouble is they don't service my pincode. But I can drive 10 minutes to a pincode they do service.

Before signing up for so much trouble for 3K, does cashify usually pay the promised amount, or would there be haggling?
I sold the OnePlus to cashify and the experience was awesome. I had given the address of a shopping center hoping to meet the person there as my pincode was not serviceable. When the agent called, I asked him whether he can drive down to my place which he readily agreed to. Perhaps he gets these requests all the time. An hour later he came, inspected the phone (took around 15 mins) and paid on the spot via UPI. No haggling.

Not only did I get 3K more than Amazon, I got ample time to transfer all my stuff to the Edge 20 and wait till I was sure I was ready to make the move.

Last edited by civic-sense : 27th September 2021 at 13:33.
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:02   #6962

Came across this practice with Amazon, that really dented my ‘trust’. Not that I treated Amazon as a super reliable platform, but this one practice I thought, is crooked.

Amazon calls it “lightening deals” that go online for few hours. On more than one occasion I have found “lightening deals” prices are (sometimes significantly) higher than the regular price. This particular high pressure washer was on “lightening deal” for two consecutive days. I took a screen shot the first day and escalated with Amazon and got a canned reply as expected. The sale continued next day as well. Regular price is INR 6499/- and lightening deal price is INR 6899/-

It looks Amazon does allow some leverage in seller favor, on lightening deals or Amazon themselves folded this strategy in their revenue planning. This makes Amazon.in a not-so-trusty site for trigger happy folks or the elderly that see “lightening deals” and don’t look and compare regular price and buy them away. Fraudulent, shady or both?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-9f133fb6fe2e45cf96bb21bd834d2731.png  

The Online Shopping Thread-def0df2cea5d40f79d770f483b5a5bd7.png  

OldWays is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 17:05   #6963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
Came across this practice with Amazon, that really dented my ‘trust’. Not that I treated Amazon as a super reliable platform, but this one practice I thought, is crooked.

On more than one occasion I have found “lightning deals” prices are (sometimes significantly) higher than the regular price.
Yes. Amazon is notorious for doing this. Once I found there was only Re. 1 difference between regular price and "exclusive deal for prime members".

As a best practice, it is always recommended to watch the price of any item you want to buy, for a couple of sale events and regular periods between (in some cases you might get better price if bought outside of sale), then order when the price is good. (Of course, it may not apply to items for which you cannot wait. )

I use KEEPA to track price of items in Amazon India. Select Amazon India as the store and just paste the complete Amazon URL of the item in the search bar. Works for almost all of inventory, especially electronics. It is simiar to CamelCamelCamel for US, which also tracks other sites like Best Buy and Newegg.
mayukh42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:26   #6964
Distinguished - BHPian

These prices are always advertised compared to the MRP, which Amazon uses as the "you save" basis for all its product listings, but we don't have to look far to know that it is not the price we'd pay elsewhere.

Any offers on Amazon should be taken with a large pinch of salt. I'm sure there are many other countries in which their pricing would be illegal. In a UK store, for instance, "Sale" prices are controlled and the object must have actually been on sale, at that store, at the advertised price (for a set amount of recent time, which I forget.)

It really is time we had proper consumer-protection laws. With teeth, of course.

Only thing is, we regular shoppers know all this, and take it into account. Sometimes, though, we forget and make impulse buys.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:47   #6965
BHPian

I must say that I was an Amazon shopper for 20 years in the US and then India. Off late I realize that Flipkart deals sometimes are real deals. For instance I purchased an iPhone mini 128 for my daughter on 30th July for 53k after exchange and now the same phone was available at 35K post exchange just past midnight last night. It's a steep discount and is very much a real deal. I have not seen such pricing on Amazon, I could be wrong.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:17   #6966
BHPian

I usually check price history at https://pricehistory.in/ when looking at deals to see how price compares to past.
rjainv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 23:53   #6967
BHPian

How is www.banggood.in for online shopping? I am not so sure about the website because before ordering it asked for my PAN Card Number. None of the other sites have ever asked for it.
Old 3rd October 2021, 00:23   #6968
BHPian

Flipkart has listed AirPods 2 pricing as 8999/-. With 10% discount on ICICI cards this could be effectively 8099/-. Surprisingly, my Amazon Pay ICICI card was eligible for 10% discount, which mostly isn’t.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 02:50   #6969
BHPian

In Amazon, discounts of at least 30% is there for Dashcams. I think this may be the right time to buy it especially for proofs in case any untoward incident happens. Important buy IMO.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 06:42   #6970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
How is www.banggood.in for online shopping? I am not so sure about the website because before ordering it asked for my PAN Card Number. None of the other sites have ever asked for it.
It is a Chinese owned site. Things will be imported from China and maybe that is why they are asking for proofs which is similar when you purchase from Amazon.com. I still refrain from buying Chinese sites likes AliExpress, Alibaba etc. and I don’t want to support them.

The Online Shopping Thread-056de5cdedc948559a840abc1b9329c5.jpeg
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:51   #6971
BHPian

In case some one is looking to source some good apples,
someone I know has started a direct home delivery of apples from Kinnaur, Himachal

These apples are the best in himachal. The initiative is based on the online store model, wherein you can place orders on the website, and the apples are delivered at your doorstep, without the requirement/ involvement of any storage/ middlemen enroute.

Here's the link.

https://himflavours.com/

Disclaimer - While I know the person who has started this initiative, I have no commercial involvement in the venture of any sorts.

Regards
nvldvr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 08:57   #6972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
I managed to get a steal deal on ShopClues for a Philips Oneblade yesterday. Seeing the previous reviews of the Oneblade , I was eyeing it for a while but it was in the range of ₹1700-1800₹. Was waiting for the sale and I found a link in ShopClues where it was giving it away for ₹879 when compared Amazon(₹1749) didn't want to miss out on this juicy deal hence jumped in.
Don't want to dampen your spirits but Shopclues has a tendency to leave the paying public clueless. Their promised prices and/or prices often end up as just promises.

Hope your case would be different. Please do update here whenever the product reaches you.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 09:58   #6973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Don't want to dampen your spirits but Shopclues has a tendency to leave the paying public clueless. Their promised prices and/or prices often end up as just promises.

Hope your case would be different. Please do update here whenever the product reaches you.
Hope I don't get scammed let's see , will update as soon as it gets delivered. Wow , having read a few reviews of ShopClues , I have mixed feelings now after you told but let's wait and see. Hope they don't leave me shop-Clueless
Old 4th October 2021, 11:45   #6974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
Amazon is a marketplace and multiple sellers sell the same product at different prices.
The Lightning Deal is from "The Online Home Store" and they have listed it at a discounted price compared to their usual price. Right now the usual price is Rs7899. So there is a definite deal here from the seller perspective.
The regular price listed is from a different seller ETrade Online who chose to sell at Rs6499.
Like any marketplace, it is upto the buyer to choose the seller wisely and not go by the price alone.
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 12:20   #6975
BHPian

Looking to buy a new car dashcam in this sale.
Can anyone recommend a good dashcam !!

Thanks in advance.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks