Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 18:20   #7096
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Yes I did tag that guy as well. Let's see.

It's hard for me to use a new phone without protection, so would have to write this loss off and buy a new case.
For last 4 years I have been using my phones without any screen protection/tempered glass. It started with S8 which had a curved screen. Phones/pads have fallen from my hands but till now its been good. Now no one in my family uses tempered glass. I buy only thin Spigen covers. The corning gorilla glasses are too tough and there has been no scratches on any of the phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavivarium View Post

But my experience with souq.ae has being super,
It redirects to amazon, are they same? If they are then why not just refer to it as amazon.

Last edited by Sran : 12th May 2022 at 18:26. Reason: added second quoted text
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 18:35   #7097
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
It redirects to amazon, are they same? If they are then why not just refer to it as amazon.
From what I know, Souq was acquired by Amazon quite long ago (been atheist 4 years I think).
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 19:36   #7098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Its risky and will have very few takers. Nobody wants to become a drug mule. There are many ways by which illegal stuff can be hidden in innocent looking items.
That is a very good point.

Plus, whatever we want is likely to exceed the actual customs maximum.

Plus Plus, when I return from abroad, my luggage space is crammed and my baggage allowance maxxed out. Last time, I bought an extra suitcase and paid BA to add that to my ticket. Paying in advance is a lot cheaper than punitive excess-baggage charges at the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Your post brought back my old memories of, when I was researching for a camera-bag. Bought this 'Think-Tank Speed-Demon V2' at Flipkart (Rs.4,600 in year-2013) and it is serving me well. I hope it will outlive me!
I'm after a Tenba DNA 16 Pro. I have a small Tenba and really like their stuff.

It is an absurd amount to carry in a shoulder bag, and only suitable for crossing the road from the car. Any more and I'd have to go backpack. But I hate backpacks, and for concert photography, want something with top-access that sits on the chair beside me.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 12th May 2022 at 19:37.
Old 13th May 2022, 10:29   #7099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
From what I know, Souq was acquired by Amazon quite long ago (been atheist 4 years I think).
Yes, Amazon took over operations of souq.ae in 2018 and by mid 2019 shifted the branding / domain as well to amazon.ae
anoop.u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 11:57   #7100
BHPian

Has anyone tried order on newegg.com and shipped to India? Is there any lost in transit? Do they handle customs clearance?
Old 16th May 2022, 12:25   #7101
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on https://www.hobbytoys.co/?

Planning to buy a Maisto RC Car from them. Looks like they are the only ones with stock available.
Old 24th May 2022, 22:52   #7102
BHPian

Is there any way to track a parcel from the US, which has been shipped from the US. The USPS tracking shows it as arriving in the Delhi in the second week of March and departing Delhi for its destination. After that, there is no trace of it.

Even websites such as 17track also do not show any updates regarding the same.

Is there any way to trace the parcel.
Old 24th May 2022, 23:06   #7103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Is there any way to track a parcel from the US, which has been shipped from the US. The USPS tracking shows it as arriving in the Delhi in the second week of March and departing Delhi for its destination. After that, there is no trace of it.

Even websites such as 17track also do not show any updates regarding the same.

Not Absolutely sure but check Indian Post website. They handle most of the parcels shipped by state owned service providers once they land in India.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 00:33   #7104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Is there any way to track a parcel from the US, which has been shipped from the US. The USPS tracking shows it as arriving in the Delhi
I have the same query, even our timelines are same. Please do post an update if something happens.

Btw, I had mailed customs but they replied saying your parcel is regular post and it is in Ordinary mail category for which no tracking facility is provided by the India-Post department.

This is the status of my parcel on their site.

The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot-20220525-00.32.16.png
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 19:57   #7105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not Absolutely sure but check Indian Post website. They handle most of the parcels shipped by state owned service providers once they land in India.
I have tried tracking on the India Post website with the same USPS tracking number (as I do not have any other tracking number); but, nothing shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post

This is the status of my parcel on their site.
Even the status of my parcel is the same. I will update you, if I hear anything.

Last edited by Aiel : 25th May 2022 at 19:58.
Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 15:18   #7106
BHPian

Why are spectacles in Lenskart so cheap? Do they sell substandard stuff? I have to get a pair of specs for my kid. Last time I bought from a shop and it cost me around 8K for a pair of 1.5 cylindrical power lens plus frame. When I check in Lenskart, the same combo is showing for about 2000 bucks.

Am I missing something here?
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 15:56   #7107
BANNED

Hello Experts,

I was expecting a shipment to be classified under HSCODE 95062900 (water sports equipment) at 28% approx but Fedex calculated the duty on shipment classified under 9804 "since this is for individual". The duty on HSCODE 9804 was calculated at more than 38% IIRC and I ended up paying some 8000/- more than anticipated.

google says:
Quote:
HS Codes of Heading 9804 : All dutiable articles, intended for personal use, imported by post or air, and exempted from any prohibition in respect of the imports thereof under the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 but excluding articles falling under heading 9803
Who is right?
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:01   #7108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Why are spectacles in Lenskart so cheap? Do they sell substandard stuff? I have to get a pair of specs for my kid. Last time I bought from a shop and it cost me around 8K for a pair of 1.5 cylindrical power lens plus frame. When I check in Lenskart, the same combo is showing for about 2000 bucks.

They are decent enough. Well worth the price. On lenses, yes they use their own brand or procured stuff, which is ok. Not bad, not great like say a Rodenstock or Ziess or Crizal.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:15   #7109
BANNED

Quote:

Probably venture capital funded loss making discounts. It's the same as Uber/Ola which used to be very cheap 5 years back. It's the same as how Swiggy used to give discounts once upon a time but are now more expensive than if you go to the restaurant & check the menu they have on the table.

But now easy money has come to an end & most startups are laying off employees & will probably reduce discounts & most of them will also shutdown once they burn through existing funds.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:53   #7110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

They have brick and mortar shops as well.

I recently got my eyes tested at one of these kind of places and they gave me a +1 power reading glasses.
Cost was Rs 800.

Been using these for the past couple of weeks and it has really had a great improvement in my quality of life. I did not realize I needed them till I got them.
bblost is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks