Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2023, 17:19   #7216
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Highly unlikely. +44 is Britain. I'm sure you would know if your recent order was for a British import, or if you had actually ordered it from Amazon.co.uk

Either forget this call, or check it out with Amazon.in customer services.
Yeah, this is purely a domestic order. When asked why the call is from UK number, the guy said he is calling from Kolkata but their support lines are merged so the call comes out from a UK number! I bluntly said i can't continue the call further without knowing that he is indeed from Amazon support. If i get further calls and i am in some mood for humor i might entertain him and see what happens

Open support request was already raised from the same support link you shared, so anyway will follow up on that and let me see if they say they have been calling and not able to reach me.
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 17:36   #7217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I had no idea.

I had an American friend who was working in Amazon.com customer service here in India, but surprised to heat that .in is using callers based in UK!

gmail addresses: At least, as of twenty years ago, when I last thought about, gmail ignores "." in names. So fred.smith@gmail.com and fredsmith@gmail.com (and fredsm.ith@gmail.com) were all the same. If still true, they should not be allowing two people, one with a dot and one without.
OT: Yes, they tried deflecting the issue saying it was a google error and they can't help it. Asked them if they bothered to verify the email id when the person was creating the account and they said no!

They finally managed to call the other customer and had him change his mail id or something. Seems he was also ignoring their calls because it was an international number
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 17:49   #7218
BHPian

Amazon India Customer Support does call from +44. Just yesterday requested for a callback to sort a wrong product delivery and the call came from +44. The call went for 18 minutes which made me wonder if the caller is going to be charged for 18 minutes of International calling. So much for a 314 Rs refund that was in question.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 17:58   #7219
BHPian

Quote:
gmail addresses: At least, as of twenty years ago, when I last thought about, gmail ignores "." in names. So fred.smith@gmail.com and fredsmith@gmail.com (and fredsm.ith@gmail.com) were all the same. If still true, they should not be allowing two people, one with a dot and one without.
Even I have the same issue, which is still not resolved. My gmail ID has a 'dot' between my first and last name, where as I keep getting emails addressed to the same email ID but without a 'dot'. Those emails are mainly related to insurance and bank. I did raise an issue with google and they flatly denied that this cannot happen. But it is still happening for me and I simply delete those emails!
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 17:58   #7220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Anybody else have got calls from these numbers. Can it be trusted?
I have interacted with Amazon telephone support on a number of occasions in the past and can confirm that the numbers they reach you from start with +44. This is not recent, and I have seen this at least for the last 3 years or so.

No cause of concern. It is the actual Amazon back-office.
Newtown is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 19:56   #7221
Distinguished - BHPian

So that's my scam assertion totally discredited!

Thanks guys, for the better information.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 20:52   #7222
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Amazon callbacks are always from +44 numbers.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 21:27   #7223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Amazon callbacks are always from +44 numbers.
+1 also. Depends on time of day I think.

But this titbit doesn't help in any way - Amazon must publish the numbers from which its callbacks originate so that popular dialler / spam identification software (Truecaller / Google Dialler etc.) can identify them correctly.
Old 27th January 2023, 21:55   #7224
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Truecaller, in my phone, identifies the numbers as Amazon customer care. I am not sure about Google dialler as I do not have any experience with using it. Yes, they should publish the numbers beforehand
Old 16th February 2023, 23:03   #7225
BHPian

A warning to never book flight tickets on HappyFares.in

Happyfares.in is a scam

I booked flight tickets on happyfares.in for two passengers. I was directed there by Google flights so made the mistake of trusting them. After booking I got a PNR but when checking on the airline website there was no booking coming up with that PNR. Called the airline and was shocked at what they said: this is a group booking of 15 passengers and that passenger names are not added.

Called up happy fares and they say this a special promotional fare and that our names will show on the airlines website only 12-24 hours before departure! No idea what kind of scam they are running here but obviously I’m not ok with this as I basically don’t have a valid ticket with my name on it till just before departure in 10 days time. Loads of comments online saying the same thing about them but I missed seeing that before unfortunately.

HappyFares are not willing to refund me any money. I will now try and fight this through my credit card company.

Stay away from them, Happy fares is a scam!
s4ch is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 23:30   #7226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
[b]

I booked flight tickets on happyfares.in for two passengers. I was directed there by Google flights so made the mistake of trusting them. After booking I got a PNR but when checking on the airline website there was no booking coming up with that PNR. Called the airline and was shocked at what they said: this is a group booking of 15 passengers and that passenger names are not added.

Called up happy fares and they say this a special promotional fare and that our names will show on the airlines website only 12-24 hours before departure! No idea what kind of scam they are running here but obviously
I have no experience with this website.
But what you have explained here is pretty normal. It’s called group booking and travel operators do it all the time - purchasing inventory in bulk on a single PNR and then adding names later. I have first hand experience of this and know that it’s a perfectly standard business model.

Unfortunately you will be able to see your name on the airline website only after the operator (happy fares in this case) adds it to the PNR which they do very close to the flight day. So you will have to live with the suspense.

Do let us know how did it go.

Last edited by warrioraks : 16th February 2023 at 23:33.
warrioraks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 14:06   #7227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
A warning to never book flight tickets on HappyFares.in

Happyfares.in is a scam

Hi, can you share how this ended?
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:28   #7228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Hi, can you share how this ended?
After a lot of back and forth (at least 5-7 calls, 12+ strongly worded emails, one star google review, naming and shaming on twitter a few times with tagging DGCA, SpiceJet, CyberDost) I was promised a full refund in writing. Waited for 2 weeks and this didn't happen. Another 3 emails and a scathing tweet and finally received the email saying refund has been processed and a confirmation from RazorPay that the refund will be credited in a few days time.

Definitely recommend to avoid Happy Fares and just book directly with an airline or with a reputed travel aggregator website. I have had good experiences with Easemytrip.com as they are generally quite a bit cheaper than others and have zero convenience charges if you go through Google Flights. Their customer service was pretty good too.

A big, painful saga with Happy Fares finally comes to an end!
s4ch is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 11:04   #7229
BHPian

Any reviews on https://picobattery.com/
It is an Indian site and happened to see it when I was searching for spare batteries for my 16 year old Panasonic camera.
The price is less than 1k whereas ubuy etc are charging around 1.5k
Old 1st April 2023, 00:04   #7230

Just wondering if anyone has managed to install a parcel receiving box for their homes? With the number of online parcels and deliveries arriving at our home skyrocketing recently, it has become very inconvenient for members of the family to keep answering the door and collecting parcels - which can sometimes be 2-3/day.

I tried looking online, but there seems to be no readymade option for a large receiving box of sorts where the delivery agent can drop the package and maybe take the OTP over phone, if needed.

Was wondering if anyone has faced similar a similar problem and has managed to source a decent collection box or customise one?

Thanks for your inputs in advance!
I_am_TSG is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed