Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2022, 22:55   #7201
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Just found out that Amazon has started a service charge for train bookings .
Wow, this is new. I hope other players in the space don’t start with this.

Also, with service charge comes GST I suppose.
Old 6th January 2023, 16:47   #7202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Wow, this is new. I hope other players in the space don’t start with this.

Also, with service charge comes GST I suppose.
I think, this is what the IRCTC charges. Even the same is the case with APSRTC and TSRTC. They charge convenience fee on top of the ticket cost, if you are using credit card.

In this case, I guess Amazon is just passing over the costs to the customer. I dont think amazon will ever make such moves to make a few pennies.
Old 8th January 2023, 11:00   #7203
BHPian

Recently, our Company gifted its employees a MasterCard Virtual Gift Card from www.perfectgift.com Platform worth 100$. Any pointers on how and where can i use it to make any purchase online from India? Am not finding much helpful info online. Else, might need to reach out to their CC. It does say 3% charges applicable for purchases made out of USA.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 8th January 2023 at 11:01. Reason: Add Text
Old 8th January 2023, 21:30   #7204
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
I think, this is what the IRCTC charges. Even the same is the case with APSRTC and TSRTC. They charge convenience fee on top of the ticket cost, if you are using credit card.

In this case, I guess Amazon is just passing over the costs to the customer. I dont think amazon will ever make such moves to make a few pennies.
No, there are 3 different costs. IRCTC convenience fee which is there for all bookings - direct on IRCTC or any other website. Not applicable only on counter bookings. Second is agent convenience fee which is now being charged by Amazon. Smartbuy or Redbus are not charging this yet. Third is payment gateway charges which is applied on credit cards and most debit cards. Not levied on UPI and HDFC debit card. Hope this helps.

I found using Smartbuy for HDFC credit cards the most rewarding with 3x reward points which will cover the PG charges.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 01:15   #7205

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
No way Flipkart-owned Myntra is going to give a discount for an Amazon pay credit card. Usually, they mention in the terms and conditions itself (at least during Flipkart sales) that the offer is applicable for all ICICI cards except Amazon pay cards. Of course, they should have mentioned this clearly, and if not they should at least try to make an exception and honor the discount.

That is why I am still retaining 2 ICICI credit cards.
I think this is usually true. I got lucky in the last BBD sale on Flipkart when I was able to order the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 on the first day of the sale using my Amazon ICICI card and still get the discount that was available on ICICI cards.

Off late have been thinking of getting a basic ICICI Platinum CC just to avail the numerous benefits available on just ICICI credit cards.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-20230109-01_09_11flipkart.com_-order-information-1.png  

DetonatoR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 10:49   #7206
BHPian

Need to buy eink reader non kindle one as I use scribd primarily, from US site, Any suggestions for the reliable parcel forwarder from USA to India?
Old 10th January 2023, 11:32   #7207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram View Post
Need to buy eink reader non kindle one as I use scribd primarily, from US site, Any suggestions for the reliable parcel forwarder from USA to India?
I have used myus.com a couple of times and the service was good. The landing cost will be close to double the original item cost because of the duty which is levied on item cost + shipping.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 17:31   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Had a strange delivery experience yesterday. I had order When I called the delivery executive, he said that he had dropped the parcel on our door and went away without bothering to check if we are available.

I heard a few more similar cases recently. Is this the new norm of home delivery?
Even worse delivery the Amazon guys do for me these days. I have coupons provided by company. So always I prepay my orders. When my villa gate is locked, they just throw the package inside my compound and go.
Some other time, they don't ring my villa gate bell. They just bang the gate and we will miss to hear the bang. This guy will throw the package and go.
My yesterday's order - Got message at 10.30pm that it was delivered and I could not locate the package yet. May be because of Sankrati holidays they marked my order as Delivered is what I strongly believe.

So the lesson that I learnt is NOT to buy any small pre-paid items from Amazon. Buy only post paid items. I am scared to order a TV by prepaying in Amazon now

Flipkart does a decent job in deliveries right from it's inception when compared to Amazon. I complained about this attitude of delivery to Amazon many times and they say they would take care and this won't happen again. But every time it happened so far
Don't why know such an MNC stooping this level in CS spoiling the entire buying experience.

Cheers!
deemash

Last edited by deemash : 16th January 2023 at 17:35.
Old 24th January 2023, 13:26   #7209
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is a scam but looks like one.

Got a message and call from DTDC saying my COD order of Rs.1,499 is out for delivery. Now, I do not usually place COD orders so I asked them who was the sender website and what was the product. They said, sender is unknown and product feels like a dress.

Checked with my wife and she said no.

Told them to return it to seller.

Got a call from DTDC again today and he said there has been many cases like this happening recently and asked me to check if my address has been leaked!

How does one do that?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 19:31   #7210
BHPian

Those who shop on Amazon would do well to avoid a seller called Chennai Musicals. They sell musical instrument and accessories, as the name would suggest.
They are also adept at removing MRPs from import stickers and overcharging on the product. Amazon was most concerned when I raised the issue but promptly deleted my seller feedback afterwards!

Last edited by Roy.S : 25th January 2023 at 19:33. Reason: Typo
Roy.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 20:32   #7211
BHPian

Those who are looking to buy electronic components or similar items avoid www.electronicscomp.com by any means. They list components at comparatively low price but doesn't show the real availability. They delivered my order which was placed on 9th Jan on 25th Jan which was not intimated at the time of placing the order. Moreover, they doesn't have any cancellation policy. I repeatedly called customer care for cancellation of the order, they gave false reasons and never cancelled the order.

Ultimately the order was delivered OK but I fear what'd happen if the products were delivered faulty.

After the order I read their review on the Google play store which has many such reviews.
Old 27th January 2023, 14:44   #7212
Senior - BHPian

I have been getting some calls from some international numbers, claiming to be from Amazon India customer support. First thing he wants to do is to verify my account, starting with asking for my mobile number, name and probably shipping address etc later. He doesn't share the order details related to which he is calling for. Call seemed very suspicious especially when he refuses to share any information on the relevant order. I asked him to send the details to my registered email, but that he doesn't want to (or claims he cannot do).

Anybody else have got calls from these numbers. Can it be trusted?

For what it's worth, yes there is an open issue raised for a missing delivery which's open for few days now.

+44 1895 519248
+44 1895 519249
+44 20 3014 0221
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 16:16   #7213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I have been getting some calls from some international numbers, claiming to be from Amazon India customer support. First thing he wants to do is to verify my account, starting with asking for my mobile number, name and probably shipping address etc later.
My answer to people like this would be: if you are who you say you are, you will know this.

This sounds like a scam.

My wife had a call a couple of days ago from someone saying that our electricity would be cut off due to non-payment. She was told she had to ring a given number for instructions on how to pay. First, she knew that the payments are up to date. Second, it was highly suspicious that a TANGEDCO "officer" would demand to speak in English or Hindi and be ignorant of Tamil.

Quote:
Anybody else have got calls from these numbers. Can it be trusted?
Highly unlikely. +44 is Britain. I'm sure you would know if your recent order was for a British import, or if you had actually ordered it from Amazon.co.uk

Either forget this call, or check it out with Amazon.in customer services.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 16:49   #7214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I have been getting some calls from some international numbers, claiming to be from Amazon India customer support.
Amazon escalation resolutions usually happens out of Britain. A couple of years back I had an issue with me getting order mails and what not of another customer in my mail.

My email id had a "." in the middle and his did not.

Long story short, after escalating it pretty high, i got calls from +44 numbers. I avoided those calls, then i got a mail saying they have been trying to reach me to discuss my escalation issue.

Now your case may not be the same but just wanted to share that Amazon does call from International numbers.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 17:19   #7215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
... wanted to share that Amazon does call from International numbers.
Thank you! I had no idea.

I had an American friend who was working in Amazon.com customer service here in India, but surprised to heat that .in is using callers based in UK!

gmail addresses: At least, as of twenty years ago, when I last thought about, gmail ignores "." in names. So fred.smith@gmail.com and fredsmith@gmail.com (and fredsm.ith@gmail.com) were all the same. If still true, they should not be allowing two people, one with a dot and one without.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks