Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 16:55   #7171
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Add to that Amazon has a stupid refund policy that until product reaches them back , refund wont be initiated. So 1 week gone in deliver and 1 week will go for return and refund.
Is it like that now?

All my returns are refunded as soon as the pickup is updated on their portal by the courier guy, which usually is by the end of the day. The local hub checks if the right item has been handed over and then sends it back to the seller.

It would be a while for the amount to be reflected in your account if payment is made through cards or netbanking. Amazon Pay refunds are almost immediate and often instantaneous.
Quote:
I am amazed that the deliver person didnt realize that he is delivering a small package instead of a chair.
Why would the delivery person know/check what is passing through his hand? For him, a water bottle is the same as a chair - just a deliverable that will get him his twenty bucks.

I don't think he has any way of knowing, even if he wishes to; the shipping label doesn't mention the product being shipped.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 17:32   #7172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amazon has a stupid refund policy that until product reaches them back , refund wont be initiated. So 1 week gone in deliver and 1 week will go for return and refund.
Was it some random third party seller? Usually for prime orders and good sellers, amazon initiates refund as soon the amazon delivery person picks up the return item.
Old 1st November 2022, 17:50   #7173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Is it like that now?

All my returns are refunded as soon as the pickup is updated on their portal by the courier guy, which usually is by the end of the day. The local hub checks if the right item has been handed over and then sends it back to the seller.
Thats what I have been told by the customer care on the call. There are 2 refunds and both are pending because of this SOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Was it some random third party seller? Usually for prime orders and good sellers, amazon initiates refund as soon the amazon delivery person picks up the return item.
Both were reputed brands - One was Milton and other was Nilkamal. Inspite of being a prime member and paying the orders through Amazon pay, the refund takes times as told by customer care.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 18:51   #7174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats what I have been told by the customer care on the call. There are 2 refunds and both are pending because of this SOP.
Hmm. Maybe they have different policies for different customer profiles. For me, as soon as the agent picks up the return package I get the "Refund initiated" email and if the original payment was from the wallet, an instant credit too. For credit cards it takes a day or so for the refund to reflect in my transactions list, I admit.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 19:52   #7175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Inspite of being a prime member and paying the orders through Amazon pay, the refund takes times as told by customer care.
As far as I know, Amazon has different kinds of tie-ups with sellers: Amazon-related company stocking the product and delivered by Amazon; Amazon not stocking but delivering; or even where Amazon only takes the order and handles payments with the seller using a different courier. Refund appears to be dependent on the above, and also on the nature of the product, and also probably influenced by the internal customer profile rating. Some products/arrangements need seller confirmation before refund.

We've had refunds take several days as they were dependent on the product reaching the seller and the seller approving it, to other times when the refund happened within minutes of the pickup. IIRC, a couple of times even before the pick-up, which was surprising. Once, had to follow up with customer care for it.

Last edited by Poitive : 1st November 2022 at 19:55. Reason: Refinement by minor content addition.
Poitive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 00:30   #7176
Senior - BHPian

Two recent experiences

myraymond.com
CC payment didn't go through and had to do a COD order. Shipping was through Delhivery who took their own sweet time and the item arrived post the time I wanted it. The fit was also not right, so raised a refund request. The item was picked up on the 10th of Oct and I am still waiting for the refund. After a couple of emails and calls to customer care, I got an email today that they are initiating the refund which I will receive in a couple of days.

viaterragear.com
The item was available locally but the dealer was charging 300 for delivery. I should have called and got it dunzoed for 100. Viaterra official website had free delivery so placed an order. One of their representatives even called me and confirmed the order. But they chose one of the worst courier services (worse than Delhivery) called Maruti Air Cargo. The item landed in Bangalore but there was no further movement. I gave it a few days due to diwali holidays but there was no update even after a week. After a couple of calls to viaterra and the courier, the status changed to "returning" as they apparently don't service my area Mind you, I am not staying in some remote part of the city and have never faced this issue in the past 10 years with all sorts of couriers, big and small. Had to escalate and they finally sent the parcel through Bluedart which reached me in a day.

I am going to stick to Amazon if I need anything quick.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:50   #7177
BHPian

For the first time, I ordered an item on Tata Cliq. Horrible experience to say the least. The order detail says the item is not returnable and it appears they don't have any replacement policy either. Tried to reach them on the mobile number provided on their website, but it's switched off. I couldn't find any other way to reach them.

The ordered product was a flip cover for galaxy s20 +. They sent it for some other phone. Thankfully, it's a low value item.

Will never order from them again.
civic-dk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 23:36   #7178
BHPian

Bhpians looking for some LED chandeliers but I could see just 3 players online

1.The White Teak Company
2. Fandom Lights
3. Harold Electricals

Anybody bought from them? Can they be trusted? Or any other online sellers you'd suggest?

TIA
Old 10th November 2022, 10:20   #7179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Bhpians looking for some LED chandeliers but I could see just 3 players online

1.The White Teak Company
2. Fandom Lights
3. Harold Electricals

Anybody bought from them? Can they be trusted? Or any other online sellers you'd suggest?

TIA
Not aware of the three options you have listed but have you tried Philips? They have some lovely chandeliers.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 17:24   #7180
Senior - BHPian

When did courier companies start asking for aadhaar/pan during delivery? I am hardly at home when courier guys delivery products so it was a surprise when the delhivery guy asked for my aadhaar number.

I refused and just signed with name and number.
Old 10th November 2022, 17:49   #7181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
When did courier companies start asking for aadhaar/pan during delivery? I am hardly at home when courier guys delivery products so it was a surprise when the delhivery guy asked for my aadhaar number.

I refused and just signed with name and number.

For credit card deliveries for example, reputed couriers (like Blue Dart / Aramex etc.) insist on an ID proof - Driving License is accepted.
Fx14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 18:54   #7182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
For credit card deliveries for example, reputed couriers (like Blue Dart / Aramex etc.) insist on an ID proof - Driving License is accepted.
After Covid, I received few credit/debit cards through Blue Dart and it is OTP based delivery. Nobody asked for ID proof. I think this is the new norm.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 19:50   #7183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
After Covid, I received few credit/debit cards through Blue Dart and it is OTP based delivery. Nobody asked for ID proof. I think this is the new norm.

They asked for OTP + any ID proof. They noted the OTP + DL# on their handheld device. No signature was required (which was sought as per their earlier process).
Old 10th November 2022, 20:18   #7184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
They asked for OTP + any ID proof. They noted the OTP + DL# on their handheld device. No signature was required (which was sought as per their earlier process).
Might be city/region specific. I even received my neighbor's credit card when he was out of town by just providing OTP received on his mobile from Blue Dart.
Old 10th November 2022, 21:18   #7185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Might be city/region specific. I even received my neighbor's credit card when he was out of town by just providing OTP received on his mobile from Blue Dart.
Issuing bank specific too I guess. Citi requires me to present an ID to the Blue Dart guy who takes a photo of it with his handheld device. Then I have to use my finger to sign on the touchscreen of the device.

Most Viewed