Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2023, 12:33   #7231
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Had been shopping from Myntra for 9-10 years without issues until last month. Bought a kids dress and returned since we did not like the fit and the dress looked old(may be the fabric colour)/ returned multiple times. The time gap between delivery and the return request was just 16 minutes. The return pickup was done next day and at night I received an email telling return is on hold and to contact customer care. When I logged into Myntra it said return is on hold because the price tag was missing. Now, the tags are the first thing the pick up agent will verify to match the product, so if it goes missing the agent will flag it right away. Again, when I pack the return, I always make sure to keep the tag visible so that the agent can see it with out opening the whole thing, so I was pretty sure the tag was there.

Called up CS and they promised to look into this. Woke up next morning only to see that the return was rejected. Now mysteriously the rejection reason has changed to damaged product instead of tags missing. Tried to call CS and the IVR options had also changed within a day. Finally after playing around with IVR options I got in touch with a CS executive who was of no help.

Found some offline chat option was available and raised the concern there. They simply kept closing the ticket stating the product was found to be damaged and it will be sent back to me. Finally I asked them to share details of what damages were found in the product and share pics. After a couple of strongly worded chats, they asked to raise a return request after I receive the re-shipped product. Did what they said and the pick up happened again and the refund was approved on the spot. (the same guy came for pick up again)

Looks like they were making an attempt to sell off an old stock by blaming damages on part of the customer. If they get lucky, one piece is off their shelf.

Lessons Learnt:
  • Take a pic before handing the return to the agent with tags visible.
  • If something goes wrong, take screenshots of the status. If I had the screenshots, I could have proved that they changed return reason from missing tags to damaged product after I raised a concern.
  • If the cloth appears slightly soiled/used always return it under damaged product. Choosing another category can end you in trouble as they will blame the damages on you.
d.w.w. is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 16:39   #7232
Senior - BHPian

Latest one- Amazon - Order tracking shows item is delivered but I did not receive the item
Old 30th May 2023, 16:41   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Latest one- Amazon - Order tracking shows item is delivered but I did not receive the item
If you are staying in an appartment, check with security if the package is delivered to them.
Old 30th May 2023, 17:50   #7234
Senior - BHPian

How?

Does anyone know the calculation to get 10% cashback?
Attached Images

mukeshgoel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 18:55   #7235
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure you'll get it the next day. Happens every time I order something home. Kannur is the local hub and then it gets forwarded to Thalassery. Usually they get the items in Thalassery by the evening, and so the delivery guy marks it as delivered (perhaps to get an incentive/ good report). He promptly delivers it the next morning. Havent had an issue so far.
Old 30th May 2023, 19:38   #7236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
How?

Does anyone know the calculation to get 10% cashback?
You have to order Rs.2500 worth of items, claim cashback and then return items worth Rs.1000. They will reduce the refund amount by 10%, but you end up getting 10% on the actual merchandize bought
Old 30th May 2023, 21:52   #7237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
If you are staying in an apartment, check with security if the package is delivered to them.
It is independent house

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I'm sure you'll get it the next day. Happens every time I order something home. Kannur is the local hub and then it gets forwarded to Thalassery. Usually they get the items in Thalassery by the evening, and so the delivery guy marks it as delivered (perhaps to get an incentive/ good report). He promptly delivers it the next morning. Havent had an issue so far.
Few times delivery guys called in advance to ask if delivering next day is ok with me. This is the first time status shows delivered without call. I tried to contact the delivery person (with PIN) and he did not pick the call. Let me see how it goes.
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:49   #7238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:
- Try to contact delivery person but he/she did not pick the call
- Raised a complaint with CC on 30th and they promised solution in 24 hours
- Waited till today morning (2nd June) and contacted CC again, they checked and informed that they could not locate the item and if it is ok if they refund, I agreed, and they processed refund.
- I placed a second order for the same item today
- Just few minutes back got the delivery of item (first order), but with a minor damage.

What to do now?

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd June 2023 at 13:06.
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:15   #7239
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
- Try to contact delivery person but he/she did not pick the call
- Raised a complaint with CC on 30th and they promised solution in 24 hours
- Waited till today morning (2nd June) and contacted CC again, they checked and informed that they could not locate the item and if it is ok if they refund, I agreed, and they processed refund.
- I placed a second order for the same item today
- Just few minutes back got the delivery of item (first order), but with a minor damage.

What to do now?
wait for your second delivery as well. Then raise a complaint with customer care to arrange return pick up of the first delivery.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:07   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
wait for your second delivery as well. Then raise a complaint with customer care to arrange return pick up of the first delivery.
What is the reason behind waiting for second delivery? Why not contact CC now itself?
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:08   #7241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
What is the reason behind waiting for second delivery? Why not contact CC now itself?
Just a precaution so that the CC guy should not cancel the ongoing delivery by mistake.
Everlearner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 18:27   #7242
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to let you all know about a poor experience with Indian terrain.

Ordered a couple of trousers on their site (they were on sale) on the 6th, got no update other than order is confirmed.

Waited till the 11th, sent a mail asking for an update. Received a standard apology mail saying they were sorry and will let me know the status soon.

Ok, fair enough.

Waited till yesterday for an update with a reminder mail. Nothing.

Cancelled the order (was prepaid with card), got deducted Rs.200 for some reason and got the refund.

Went to the store here and got the trousers.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:00   #7243
BHPian

Have been shopping from AJIO & MYNTRA since many years now. Earlier, Ajio used to deliver all items in proper packaging, replete with a box, properly folded (in case of clothes) etc. The past few times I ordered however, the shoe box was in such a shoddy condition that it was almost non-existent; happened in the case of multiple brands: Asics, Skechers and Puma; so it's not necessarily a downside at the brand's end, but evidently a consequence of poor conditions at Ajio storage spaces. Also, in the case of clothes, T-shirts and Shirts I had ordered from premium brands were crumpled and stuffed inside a hastily-packed plastic. Quite appalling to see Ajio playing with customer experience in such fashion.

Myntra is not far behind in this case, but still, compared to Ajio, they fare well atleast with premium brands.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 12:20   #7244
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad experience with Robocraze recently. The website deals with robotics and DIY-related products. They have a store in Bengaluru, which serves local walk-in customers as well. After Robu, this is the store which had the best ratings on the internet. So I purchased a few products from the website.

Their Google page has a good amount of 5-star reviews, so product genuineness was the least of my worries. Sadly, one of the products sent to me turned out to be a duplicate. It is a soldering iron from a brand called Soldron. It comes with a tag on the wire with a QR code to check authenticity. I was suspicious looking at printing errors on the packaging itself, and the QR code inside confirmed that the product was a duplicate.

After a lot of back and forth on e-mails, their customer support agreed for a replacement. But the replacement also had the same problem. Just to be sure that my phone was not acting up, I scanned QR codes of a couple of genuine products from YouTube videos. The duplicate error was specific to products sent by Robocraze.

Their customer service is a joke. I received a call and the person on the other end had only one response to all my queries as if he was programmed that way: “Sir, we have sent original items from our end, we cannot give you replacement or refund.”

I asked him about the duplicate product error upon scanning the QR code, and he just repeated the above line. Even on mail, he was singing the same tune.

Attaching some photos:

Name:  Untitled3.png
Views: 165
Size:  59.2 KB

The Online Shopping Thread-untitled2.png

The Online Shopping Thread-untitled1.png

By the way, I have the complete unboxing video as well, which shows the QR code returning a duplicate product error upon scanning. But I've decided to keep the product till it works, as it's been 20 days and there is no hope of any resolution from Robocraze with such a stubborn support team at work.

Thankfully, the concerned product is just around ₹350 or something. I would suggest people looking to make high-value purchases on Robocraze to proceed with caution.

Last edited by self_driven : 19th January 2024 at 12:22.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 12:50   #7245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Their customer service is a joke. I received a call and the person on the other end had only one response to all my queries as if he was programmed that way: “Sir, we have sent original items from our end, we cannot give you replacement or refund.”

I asked him about the duplicate product error upon scanning the QR code, and he just repeated the above line. Even on mail, he was singing the same tune.
I would suggest that you notify Soldron (info@soldron.com) about spurious products being sold at this website with the details. It may save some others from getting scammed.

Soldron is an old name in the soldering iron business - remember these in my electronics lab 20 years ago, never thought these would also be duplicated!
whitewing is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks