Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 15:58   #6886
BHPian

Re: Pathetic Delivery Experience from Flipkart

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I registered a complaint in Flipkart customer service 2 days ago and they are equally incompetent as the delivery team.
Please give the minimum possible rating for delivery and mention the details. Flipkart and earlier Snapdeal have dug their own graves with incompetence.

Personally, I have stopped shopping on Flipkart since around 2017, unless something is exclusive and I have no other option. They will make the consumer run circles if any issue is there. In fact, just last week, I searched for some items for my car and was shocked how irrelevant the results are.

I have had a totally different experience with Amazon. They address issues immediately and make you feel more at peace in case any problem arises. I do not have any links to Amazon but a friend who works with Amazon after quitting Flipkart did tell me quite a few horror stories to support my doubts.

Edit: Saw your network as BSNL. I am also a long time customer. Wonder how you tolerate them when some issue arises.

Last edited by Researcher : 14th July 2021 at 16:02.
Researcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:44   #6887
Senior - BHPian

Same experience here. I have stopped using Flipkart since a while now. Amazon looks to be working just fine. We had ordered a sofa set (yes, a sofa set) on Flipkart and the delivery never took place even after 3 months. The money was paid and I lost my patience. On speaking with Flipkart's customer care, they simply told the seller needs to be responsible and not them. I felt helpless and totally cheated. I got the sofa at last but the experience left a bitter taste. No more Flipkart, they simply don't have control over their logistics. It's easy to sell things but not easy to deliver them exactly at the doorstep as promised.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:05   #6888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
I have had a totally different experience with Amazon. They address issues immediately and make you feel more at peace in case any problem arises.
Until a few days back I'd have said can't agree more! Now having seen their mess of "cashback offers" I have a different opinion of them. Be wary of those offers. In the instance I went through they refused to honor their own offer after the order was delivered. On repeatedly asking they could not tell which term or condition I did not meet. It's not the cashback but the practice of getting away without honoring them is one needs to bring to the books. I filed a complaint with national consumer helpline who merely pasted the same response from amazon, as if being an extended arm of their customer support! Wrote to their (now ex) CEO and the matter was resolved in my favor. But that's not how it should normally work.
mayuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:24   #6889
BHPian

Each time I order something from Amazon, the item reaches the final delivery destination but gets sent back with the comment "outside service area". Complained multiple times as to why my PIN code is shown to be serviceable and then this happens to which Amazon made me wait for weeks and stated it was a scanner issue at the delivery station which was successfully resolved. However, the ground reality is still the same. And I don't live in some remote forest, all others like Ekart, Delhivery etc. offer doorstep delivery. So the point is these last-mile delivery agencies are on their own and barely listen to words from the top.
gischethans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:43   #6890
anb
BHPian

Now my second order is getting delayed. The order was out for delivery today. But they didn’t deliver and rescheduled to day after tomorrow for unknown reasons. Looks like delivery boys are taking revenge. They are considering Flipkart customers as their enemy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-b85b3279820645119ef2b5018b4d1600.jpeg  

Last edited by anb : 14th July 2021 at 20:06.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:54   #6891
BHPian

I had ordered live Aquarium plants, they were being shipped from Kerala to my hometown, before paying the vendor, I had raised concerns about the plants being Dead on Arrival and he had assured it would not take more than 3 days to arrive, the Carrier was Delhivery.

1. The consignment arrived on the 2nd in my home town.
2. It was only delivered on the 9th.

I tried to contact the Carrier, surprisingly they do not have a customer support number, all I could do was raise a ticket on their portal and receive an automated email. I planned to pick the plants up from their Parcel office, but they have no way of contacting them, no address is mentioned anywhere.
motorpsycho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:58   #6892
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Same experience with me on Flipkart. It reaches their godown near to my place and they take up to 1 week to deliver. I stopped buying from Flipkart unless its exclusive, else its Amazon.
shamanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:31   #6893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Until a few days back I'd have said can't agree more! Now having seen their mess of "cashback offers" I have a different opinion of them. Be wary of those offers. In the instance I went through they refused to honor their own offer after the order was delivered.
Their Amazon Pay cashbacks are not valid if you use the EMI option. It was in their fine print which I failed to notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Each time I order something from Amazon, the item reaches the final delivery destination but gets sent back with the comment "outside service area".
I live in a place which is somewhat border between two pincodes. It happened so that some disgruntled delivery person marked my place as belonging to the adjoining pincode (apparently they can do that and the address in the addressbook still shows the old pincode). So from then on all my orders started getting routed to another delivery station that serviced the other pincode and they started sending them back citing the area as unserviceable. Numerous calls to customer service didn't help. Later I created another address in my address book with slight modifications to the address for it to look different and started shipping to it. Now it goes to the correct delivery station and gets delivered.

Even though 80% of my purchases are from Amazon, unlike Amazon I have never faced any delivery issues with Flipkart. Also some of the offers that Flipkart comes up with are hard to beat.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 23:08   #6894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Their Amazon Pay cashbacks are not valid if you use the EMI option. It was in their fine print which I failed to notice.
I did not use EMI option. Kept screen shots of it all, including the chat with customer service. Post facto claim is the offer did not match "my profile" and I was "not a part of targeting segment" [sic] when the offer was actually specifically appearing in my inbox with title "basis your past transactions".

The Online Shopping Thread-details1.jpg
The Online Shopping Thread-details2.jpg
The Online Shopping Thread-chat1.jpg
The Online Shopping Thread-chat2.jpg
mayuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 11:08   #6895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I did not use EMI option. Kept screen shots of it all, including the chat with customer service. Post facto claim is the offer did not match "my profile" and I was "not a part of targeting segment" [sic] when the offer was actually specifically appearing in my inbox with title "basis your past transactions".
This is a targeted promotion so the promotion should not have reached your inbox if you aren't eligible. Most probably it is a bug, either at the targeted ads or at eligibility check. The way these systems are designed these agents won't be able to find any detailed messages unless they escalate it to a technical team. Anyway, I think it is too much of hassle for a hundred bucks. Just credit it to the "lessons learned" account.
Old 15th July 2021, 12:05   #6896
BHPian

Quote:
I live in a place which is somewhat border between two pincodes.

Later I created another address in my address book with slight modifications to the address for it to look different and started shipping to it. Now it goes to the correct delivery station and gets delivered.
My situation is somewhat similar. My PIN Code (rural) is separated by a bridge from the town PIN Code and as far as I know, it is the same delivery station that covers both the PIN codes. When I badly need an item, I provide the town code and a landmark where I am called to come and pick up. Thankfully, they wait for 5-10 minutes for me to reach.

Quote:
Even though 80% of my purchases are from Amazon, unlike Amazon I have never faced any delivery issues with Flipkart. Also some of the offers that Flipkart comes up with are hard to beat.
Literally the same experience. I had stopped using Flipkart few years ago but recently they gave me a free Flipkart Plus subscription on the app and no delivery issues either.
gischethans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 12:12   #6897
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, I think it is too much of hassle for a hundred bucks. Just credit it to the "lessons learned" account.
100 bucks was never the goal. Rather, I put the effort on "lessons taught" account! We should insist on these things, then only there is some possibility of merchants being more diligent. If each one of us decides to just let it go more and more of it will keep happening.
mayuresh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 20:05   #6898
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I have never bought anything from Flipkart. My BIL and my wife do buy from them but nothing of large value. Recently I was looking for a tab and was suggested to buy lenovo tab by a bhpian (mayankk). This was available only in flipkart and nowhere else. I was unsure of buying from them and was skeptical. But to my surprise I got it delivered a day in advance as well. Packaging was good too.

Will I continue to buy in Flipkart? No I find 99% of the things I need in Amazon and will be a happy customer of theirs.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:47   #6899
BHPian

Our microwave died, and I immediately placed an order for a Samsung microwave in Amazon. It was being sold by Cloudtail and supposed to reach me on the third day. We wanted it urgently as my wife wanted to bake a cake for our daughter's birthday.

Third day, the microwave still haven't shipped (status showed "should have shipped on 14th") my wife did some jugaad with a deep pan and baked a cake on the stove top. A little burnt, but she managed to pull it off. But I was enraged enough to cancel the Amazon order and place an order in Flipkart for the same microwave.

To my surprise they accept the non-working microwave in exchange for 800 bucks, give a discount of 350 rupees in supercoins and there was a running promotion of 10% off using SBI card. At the end the same microwave for which I placed the order in Amazon for 12K, I got it for 9750 in Flipkart. And the item arrived today (3rd day).

Of late I had not been checking in FK and directly placing order in Amazon especially when am in a hurry. I think it pays to check in FK before placing an order.
dragonfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 20:42   #6900
BHPian

I had a similar experience. There are no motorola phones available on Amazon and I find them value for money, so I checked on FK and ordered 2 motorola phones from there. Amazon's loss is FK's gain
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks