Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:37   #6736
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Has Amazon made it tougher to return stuff? I don't see 'Call Customer care' in their new layout. Most items are non returnable now, or exchange only
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 00:18   #6737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I don't see 'Call Customer care' in their new layout.
Contact Amazon.in Link. The last time i wanted to, I found it after some searching, do I bookmarked it. The page is still there.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 01:19   #6738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Has Amazon made it tougher to return stuff? I don't see 'Call Customer care' in their new layout. Most items are non returnable now, or exchange only
The app still has a call option under 'Customer Service'. A few extra clicks (they really want you to call as a last resort), but it's still there.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 05:16   #6739
Distinguished - BHPian

But what I miss is... and email address. I'd rather email than phone or screen-chat. But Amazon seems to have cut that form of access.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 07:12   #6740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But what I miss is... and email address. I'd rather email than phone or screen-chat. But Amazon seems to have cut that form of access.

As part of strategy, Amazon customer service is depreciating Email channel, they will only have phone and chat.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 07:53   #6741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact email is the better option for the vendor also - easier to ignore for several days as long as an automated response with a ticket ID (fancier term: case docket) is sent out, easier to pass off some KB article or canned response which is not even peripherally related to the issue being raised as closure ("we trust the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction"), easier to quickly make the customer lose interest in the matter being persued.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 09:07   #6742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was once really pissed about something (I believe it was a blatant pricing manipulation issue) and shot off an email to Mr. Bezos.

It obviously wasn't him who responded, but someone did, so the mailbox definitely existed and was monitored.

I guess my hotline to premium customer care is gone. RIP.

P.S. Credit where it's due, phone calls with Amazon are quick and usually painless, but that's from never having to call about anything big ticket, yet.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th February 2021 at 09:10.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 21:05   #6743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In fact email is the better option for the vendor also - easier to ignore ...
Very true! I hadn't thought about that. Although I seem to remember Amazon's responses being timely and reasonable.

Have to put Amazon complaints in the context that, especially given the number of things that I have bought off the, I have had very few
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:58   #6744
BHPian

I have got into a problem. Yesterday, I was ordering a t-bhp sticker set and payment was struck. My order was showed as failed while payment was deducted from my ban ac. What should I do now?
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:37   #6745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
I have got into a problem. Yesterday, I was ordering a t-bhp sticker set and payment was struck. My order was showed as failed while payment was deducted from my ban ac. What should I do now?
Please drop a mail with the details via https://store.team-bhp.com/contact-us/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:16   #6746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please drop a mail with the details via https://store.team-bhp.com/contact-us/
Thanks Sir, got the order shipped now.
Old 7th March 2021, 22:57   #6747
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Domino's delivery

Hello everyone,
I wanted to share a weird incident I had with domino’s pizza today. Today I had received many notifications (5-10) regarding an offer of 40% when ordered from the domino's app. As there was nothing to eat at home and as I was too tired to cook something , I ordered two medium pizzas from the app. I opted for cash on delivery option and placed my order at 9:20(approximately). The order was baked and dispatched within 20 minutes. I waited for a long time and forgot about this as I had an exam the next day. At about 10:05, I start getting really hungry and decided to track my order. It showed that the guy was in front of my house. I went to the balcony to see him fiddling with his phone. I thought he was trying to call me and waited for another 2 minutes. As I was really hungry I wanted to go downstairs and collect my pizza but was advised against doing so by my mother as it was late in the night and it wouldn’t be safe for me to go down alone. We observe him fiddling with his phone for some more time from our balcony and to my surprise he literally starts his bike and zooms away. I was shocked and angry at the same time. The app was showing delivery by 10:08,10:09 and so on. My mother told me to sleep hungry for one day as I had a test and could not stay up late. I checked my phone again and the order shows “Delivery not guaranteed”. I was amazed on how someone could do this. I do not know what they are going to do with the pizzas or why it wasn’t delivered to me. This happened in Chennai btw.

Thanks,
Abie
P.S. I could not find a more appropriate thread to share this incident. Mods please move this post if there is a more appropriate thread for this.

Edit: I could not call this guy as the app was showing an error code when I tried to call him

Last edited by M A D over CARS : 7th March 2021 at 23:11. Reason: adding an extra point
M A D over CARS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 08:08   #6748
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Domino's delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Edit: I could not call this guy as the app was showing an error code when I tried to call him
Probably he was facing the same issue then. If he had indeed come till your house, he shouldn't have any reason not to deliver the pizzas unless the receiver's phone is unreachable or the call does not go through. Are you sure your phone was kept at a place with enough signal? Perhaps he was standing there trying to contact you to confirm on the house for more than 10 mins and left when he failed to do that.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 08:25   #6749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
As part of strategy, Amazon customer service is depreciating Email channel, they will only have phone and chat.
Sad... Do you know if this is because of spam mail ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In fact email is the better option for the vendor also.
True, but also makes it harder for the vendor to get away for repeat issues, because with an e-mail, we'd be able provide detailed attachments and cite previous instances etc. Also, the patience of the customer does not get exercised, since I can drop in mail at my convenience, not based on "working hours" or the "queue length"
This trend of moving away from e-mail is there even in banking, unless of course one has a relationship manager in the bank.

Quote:
Very true! I hadn't thought about that. Although I seem to remember Amazon's responses being timely and reasonable.
Have to put Amazon complaints in the context that, especially given the number of things that I have bought off the, I have had very few
Absolutely, same experience here, the issue rate is miniscule. Although I must say, when something goes bad. It needs persistence and I have given up in a few cases as not being worth my time.

The whole point is that without e-mails, as a customer - we lose control over the communication we have with these portals and makes it hard to keep a record of the communications.
Subsequently, makes it so much more difficult to ,say, take it up in a consumer court.
Not that I would take such an escalation path for the stuff I order like floor mops and oil, I would rather give up - that I suppose is the intention as well.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 11:12   #6750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
The whole point is that without e-mails, as a customer - we lose control over the communication we have with these portals and makes it hard to keep a record of the communications.
Subsequently, makes it so much more difficult to ,say, take it up in a consumer court.
Not that I would take such an escalation path for the stuff I order like floor mops and oil, I would rather give up - that I suppose is the intention as well.
Email is harder to ignore.
Email leaves a trail of proof for the grieved consumer.
Emails can be forwarded or escalated by the customer directly.
Emails can be used as proof if the dispute is to reach the courts.

I don't know if you remember, in the chat option there was a checkbox we could check to request the chat transcript in the email. This disappeared couple of years ago.

You can record calls, thats what I do now
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks