Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 11:19   #6751
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Domino's delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Hello everyone,
I wanted to share a weird incident I had with domino’s pizza today. Today I had received many notifications (5-10) regarding an offer of 40% when ordered from the domino's app.
I fell for the same 40% off scam if ordering on the Domino's app couple of months ago, ordered pizzas for lunch on a Sunday, made the payment through credit card. The delivery estimate was shown as 1:30 PM, the order did not get processed, no one called and no one delivered the pizzas.

The order automatically got cancelled later that evening and I get a call from the nearest Domino's store the next day "Sir, did you order any pizzas?"

This is in Bangalore and the nearest store is 2.5kms from my location, are these guys mad?
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:23   #6752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Probably he was facing the same issue then. If he had indeed come till your house, he shouldn't have any reason not to deliver the pizzas unless the receiver's phone is unreachable or the call does not go through. Are you sure your phone was kept at a place with enough signal? Perhaps he was standing there trying to contact you to confirm on the house for more than 10 mins and left when he failed to do that.
I had the same doubt as you at first but on closer inspection saw that he was on Facebook messenger. I thought he had some urgent work to complete until he zoomed off. My apartment is two storied and there are only two apartments in each floor. Also I had mentioned my apartment name, the door number as well as the floor when I ordered the pizzas. Yes, my phone was in a place with good signal and I was refreshing the messages app as well.
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 13:38   #6753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Hello everyone,
I wanted to share a weird incident I had with domino’s pizza today. Today I had received many notifications (5-10) regarding an offer of 40% when ordered from the domino's app. As there was nothing to eat at home and as I was too tired to cook something , I ordered two medium pizzas from the app. I opted for cash on delivery option and placed my order at 9:20(approximately). The order was baked and dispatched within 20 minutes. I waited for a long time and forgot about this as I had an exam the next day. At about 10:05, I start getting really hungry and decided to track my order. It showed that the guy was in front of my house. I went to the balcony to see him fiddling with his phone. I thought he was trying to call me and waited for another 2 minutes. As I was really hungry I wanted to go downstairs and collect my pizza but was advised against doing so by my mother as it was late in the night and it wouldn’t be safe for me to go down alone. We observe him fiddling with his phone for some more time from our balcony and to my surprise he literally starts his bike and zooms away. I was shocked and angry at the same time. The app was showing delivery by 10:08,10:09 and so on. My mother told me to sleep hungry for one day as I had a test and could not stay up late. I checked my phone again and the order shows “Delivery not guaranteed”. I was amazed on how someone could do this. I do not know what they are going to do with the pizzas or why it wasn’t delivered to me. This happened in Chennai btw.

Thanks,
Abie
P.S. I could not find a more appropriate thread to share this incident. Mods please move this post if there is a more appropriate thread for this.

Edit: I could not call this guy as the app was showing an error code when I tried to call him
Why would it it be so unsafe for you to simply go and collect a pizza from your apartment door? It was only 10 pm, not 3 am and even at 3 am I don't see an issue with it. If you can see the delivery person, why couldn't you simply call out or go down to collect it? How could you see what was on his phone from such a distance? I also don't understand the logic of going to sleep hungry as one of you could have made something quick even at 10pm
Lobogris is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 17:19   #6754
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Can somebody help me with a good bluetooth speaker which I can use for Zoom meetings ? I want something which wont pick its own echo on the call. Budget - 3-5K.
Old 14th March 2021, 20:10   #6755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Can somebody help me with a good bluetooth speaker which I can use for Zoom meetings ? I want something which wont pick its own echo on the call. Budget - 3-5K.
I have installed JBL Go for my son's online class. For voice it is good enough. As far as picking up speaker feedback is concerned, it depends on your microphone. In our case mic is part of the Logitech webcam installed on top of monitor. Speaker is placed below monitor.
Guite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 21:10   #6756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Why would it it be so unsafe for you to simply go and collect a pizza from your apartment door? It was only 10 pm, not 3 am and even at 3 am I don't see an issue with it. If you can see the delivery person, why couldn't you simply call out or go down to collect it? How could you see what was on his phone from such a distance? I also don't understand the logic of going to sleep hungry as one of you could have made something quick even at 10pm

Hey,
I will be answering all of your questions in order.

1) Why would it it be so unsafe for you to simply go and collect a pizza from your apartment door?
The delivery guy was not in front of my apartment door. he was in front of the gate of my building in his bike. Also I am only 14 years old and my mother wouldn't allow me to go outside and collect my pizza because there was no one else on the street.

2)If you can see the delivery person, why couldn't you simply call out or go down to collect it?
The people in our locality sleep early (9:30-10:00) and so I didn't want to wake anyone up. Also, who would have thought that the guy will go away without delivering the pizzas.

3)How could you see what was on his phone from such a distance?
I do not live in an apartment complex or a township. I live in a building which is only two storeys. So the distance from my balcony to the gate isn't that much and I could easily see him as there is nothing blocking my vision.

4) I also don't understand the logic of going to sleep hungry as one of you could have made something quick even at 10pm
As I had mentioned, I had my pre board exams going on and so had to wake up at 4am to revise the topics for the exam. Also it wouldn't be wise to write an exam with less than 5 hours of sleep

Thanks,
Abie
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 22:04   #6757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
As far as picking up speaker feedback is concerned, it depends on your microphone.
And on their relative positions and volume of the speaker. Worst case: speaker and mic facing each other and turn up volume.
Old 14th March 2021, 23:03   #6758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Has Amazon made it tougher to return stuff? I don't see 'Call Customer care' in their new layout. Most items are non returnable now, or exchange only
For items already delivered, I can see option to return that item. On mobile app I go to "your orders" and choose an item delivered four to five days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And on their relative positions and volume of the speaker. Worst case: speaker and mic facing each other and turn up volume.
I suppose there would be some code in the mic driver to ignore sound coming in from speaker. Should be easy enough by 'listening' in on the sound processor output (not speaker output), compare digital signature with sound coming in from mic, and then ignore matching signal. I am not a software engineer, this is just my conjecture.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 10:19   #6759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have installed JBL Go for my son's online class. For voice it is good enough. As far as picking up speaker feedback is concerned, it depends on your microphone. In our case mic is part of the Logitech webcam installed on top of monitor. Speaker is placed below monitor.
What I meant is, I want speaker which has mic in built but wont pick echo
Old 16th March 2021, 11:11   #6760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Most 'speakers' focus on sound output, and suffer from poor mic performance. Acceptable for voice commands and occasional calling, but not con-call standards.

Dedicated con-call audio devices are significantly more expensive. Plantronics Calisto range starts around 8-10k, Jabra Speak is another, starts around 12-14k.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th March 2021 at 11:13.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:54   #6761
BHPian

Hi All, I am looking for some J&J Baby stuff order from US.

The same product is available in Amazon.in but at 3x the cost. Even with shipping & Customs the quote is around 1.5x only. The only problem is wait time.

I see 2 options iHerb and Amazon.com direct shipping. Any suggestions on which one to use?
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 14:16   #6762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Hi All, I am looking for some J&J Baby stuff order from US.

The same product is available in Amazon.in but at 3x the cost.
Same applies to a camera bag that I want. I do not understand this multiplier!

I have ordered from iHerb. Good service and quite quick. I had a problem with my last order, due to name order (like Thad Ginathom or Ginathom Thad) meaning that DHL/Customs clearance would not happen. I made a stink with iHerb that I could not get my stuff, and the courier was contracted to them, so they should sort it out.

In the end, iHerb refunded my money. At the same time, I made an arrangement with DHL that involved me making an affidavit that TG and GT were the same person. I informed iHerb, and offered to refund the refund. They said, never mind, please keep with our compliments. I was very happy: it was several thousand Rs.

Anyway, be advised that DHL will require KYC --- and that names, etc, must match!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 14:22   #6763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have ordered from iHerb. Good service and quite quick. I had a problem with my last order, due to name order (like Thad Ginathom or Ginathom Thad) meaning that DHL/Customs clearance would not happen.

Anyway, be advised that DHL will require KYC --- and that names, etc, must match!
Thanks Thad - i will go ahead and try with iHerb this time.
On shipping partner, I understand from the cart options that it is not DHL anymore and but Aramex.
Old 17th March 2021, 15:53   #6764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have echo cancelling Jabra 510 speaker given to me by my office. But its costlier https://www.croma.com/jabra-100-4310...lack-/p/202819
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:12   #6765
BHPian

Quote:
Using this for a month now and I like it. Not very expensice as well.
https://www.poly.com/in/en/products/...o/calisto-3200
No bluetooth - it feeds of USB. Also while speaking it needs to be placed close to you else the voice gets treated as if its echo and gets cancelled
LonelyPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks