Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:25   #5566
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Flat 10% off at eBay India up to 300 bucks. Good for small purchases.
Old 4th October 2017, 13:52   #5567
Senior - BHPian

Amazon is going to double the Prime membership fees to 999/- as per newspaper reports.

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/he...Rs999year.html
Old 5th October 2017, 17:54   #5568
BHPian

Trying to ride the festival mania, there I saw Rediff Online Shopping festival

Does anyone shop in websites like Indiatimes, Rediff anymore?

Last edited by fordday : 5th October 2017 at 18:01.
Old 7th October 2017, 01:38   #5569
BHPian

First Bad experience with Amazon.

1. Booked Bose Soundlink Revolve on 24th using the option to pay using HDFC No Cost EMI. During the online shopping festival, there was also an option of 3 month EMI holiday. Meaning, i would only have to start paying from January. That was sweet

2. Got the product on 25th. Liked it but it had few issues. There were jerks while playing. Pairing with 2 phones was inconsistent. Plus i guess i got buyer's remorse after checking UE boom 2 in the mall.

3. Contacted Amazon support and requested a refund. They rejected it flat out. They also had the balls to tell me that since this order was from Amazon.in, they will not entertain refund!

4. I put in a request for replacement. The replacement order was placed on 25th Sep. Expected delivery was 29th Sep. All was well till then.

5. 29th came and went. No sign of the order. The tracking said the product has reached the bangalore courier facility on 27th Sep. And that is the last entry.

6. I contacted Amazon support on 2 Oct. The rep was very apologetic and said because of the festival and holidays, it is delayed and assured me that i will receive the product on 3rd.

7. No sign of the package on 3rd. The tracking status is also not updated. I contacted support again. This time they said the package is lost in transit and they agreed to refund. I was kind of happy. The rep said refund request takes 24 hours for approval.

8. After 36 hours, i did not hear anything. So i contacted support again. This time, the rep said the cancellation was not requested by the previous rep at all. Utter stupidity. Anyway, i asked if they can find the replacement and send it to me instead of refund. She said she can't do it. Weird!

9. She raised the refund request. I got confirmation and time window between when the pick up will happen tomorrow, 7th Oct.

10. So hopefully, they will come and pick up the product and issue the refund.
Old 8th October 2017, 17:46   #5570
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart...

Quote:
Bank Offer10% Cashback* with Axis Bank Credit and Debit CardsT&C
Yeah... read the T&C.

Quote:
Maximum Cashback per card to be INR 2,000
Well, as I was daydreaming about something at 94k, 9.4k might have made a difference. But not 2k.
Old 8th October 2017, 18:11   #5571
Team-BHP Support

Amazon Echo is in India... whose buying?

https://www.amazon.in/Amazon-Echo-Ye...ibutes=desktop
Old 9th October 2017, 08:59   #5572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I plan to start using the two Dots that were gifted to me a few months back. I had held back as earlier, I needed the VPN to US to have the app downloaded. I have a fair bit of "smart" devices and hopefully the Echo Dot should pair well with them.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:02   #5573
BHPian

Quote:

Bought the Echo at the introductory 30% discount. Very excited to try the various Alexa skills. Also, it seems that the 2nd gen Echo has much better sound quality than the previous one.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:27   #5574
BHPian

Placed an order for Mi 20000 mAh silicone case from AliExpress. This is my second order with them though 1st order was not delivered/refunded/cancelled. Fingers crossed for this one.
Old 9th October 2017, 12:16   #5575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Bought a Dot to see if it is as good as it's held out to be. Effective price is around 1.9k after factoring in Prime subscrption (999) and the Citibank cashback (10%). Plan to keep it at bedside as a smart alarm clock, music player using TuneIn and Saavn.

Also, a cousin is picking up a Google Home Mini next month from the US.
Old 9th October 2017, 12:30   #5576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
... AliExpress. This is my second order with them though 1st order was not delivered/refunded/cancelled.
please always book with China Registered Post. I always pay the 1.5+$ extra when it is not free. This atleast eases my anxiety and backs my claim when a package is not delivered. I see that you got a refund anyway too, but just wanted to share. I have now so far received 54 packages without any getting lost with 19 more in transit.
Old 9th October 2017, 14:47   #5577
Distinguished - BHPian

Am waiting for an Amazon.in delivery, Amazon Global from USA. Courier is Aramex. The projected delivery date was 7 October, so it is not very late yet, but, according to Aramex tracking, it has been in the country since 26 Sept. Additional ID documents have been required for customs, but the problem is that Aramex never informed us. Only by seeing their tracking site and calling them did we know. And when we call them, the person acts like we are interrupting their peace by calling!
Old 9th October 2017, 18:57   #5578
Senior - BHPian

A low value prepaid purchase (faux leather flip cover for a mobile phone) at ebay.in is supposed to be delivered to Bengaluru between 10-12 October. But the product is yet to be shipped. The seller, who incidentally has a rating of over 94%, is in Delhi.

Two of my queries to the seller have gone unanswered. Have sent an email to ebay now. Can I expect the shipment or is it money gone down the drain?
Old 9th October 2017, 19:13   #5579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
A low value prepaid purchase (faux leather flip cover for a mobile phone) at ebay.in is supposed to be delivered to Bengaluru between 10-12 October. But the product is yet to be shipped. The seller, who incidentally has a rating of over 94%, is in Delhi.

Two of my queries to the seller have gone unanswered. Have sent an email to ebay now. Can I expect the shipment or is it money gone down the drain?
I don't think you should worry. If he is using Ebay Powership programme, then it will be mostly picked up tonight. And a carrier like Bluedart or Fedex can get it to Bengaluru tomorrow afternoon and deliver within a day. Even if he didn't, there is a deadline for sellers by when they should enter shipping details which if they don't, your refund will be processed automatically. Just that you might have to wait till the money reaches back. I think if not 10th, the 12th deadline will be surely met. I have been on the other side of Ebay as a seller sometime back and the customer definitely has an edge there.
Old 9th October 2017, 19:30   #5580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I don't think you should worry.
ebay.in is not my regular preferred marketplace. Just that many items that are either costlier or have shipping charges disproportionate to product price at Flipkart and Amazon are sometimes available at a bargain at ebay. Moreover, there is never a dearth of discount coupons. This, coupled with free shipping tempt me to shop there once in a while. Also, a similar flip cover purchased from the site earlier had served me well.

As suggested, will wait for the shipment. Thanks.

Most Viewed