Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 08:26   #5626
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I would suggest you to ....
Well I always felt it was too good to be true .Amazon cancelled the order saying price offered by seller was too low .
Old 29th October 2017, 12:19   #5627
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Does FLIPKART have a valid customer service number where one can speak to an agent ?
Old 29th October 2017, 13:20   #5628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does FLIPKART have a valid customer service number where one can speak to an agent ?
Try 1800 208 9898

This is the Flipkart customer service number
Old 29th October 2017, 13:42   #5629
Distinguished - BHPian

this @ 2 other numbers
different time of the day
They are always busy.
Old 29th October 2017, 20:46   #5630
BHPian

Amazon can't handle criticism !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Not sure how many of you faced these.
These days if you write a review about a product you purchased on Amazon and it turns out to be slightly unfavorable to either Amazon or their policy or the vendors service they do not let you post the review.

You just get a canned reply as follows

Your review could not be posted.

Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.in/review-guidelines

I went through their review guidelines and I have not violated any. Yet I get this response.

In this case it was a matter where I wanted to return a mic+headphone set ( still sealed not opened) because the jacks were not compatible.
And they only have an exchange policy with the identical product, you cannot contact the vendor nor can you switch the product which has the right audio jack you need.
I had got the exact same reply when I posted an acerbic review on their website about their pricing . I had bought a Ruskin Bond Book from a Delhi Bookseller. The MRP was Rs 199, while the seller listed it for Rs 149. However the handling and shipping was Rs 78, taking the effective price to Rs 227. Didn't see the handling and shipping charges as I had ordered a whole lot of books . When I received the book, I realised my folly of purchasing a book at more than 14% above its MRP, when I could have purchased it at my friendly neighbourhood bookstore where a 10% discount is a given.

I posted a review about the book and also pointed out the tricky pricing in the same review. Received a canned reply from Amazon on the review , the same as above . Apparently they don't want any critical reviews on their site. That's rich! If you don't take criticism positively , and make amends, how are you going to grow Mr Bezos?

Cheers !
Old 29th October 2017, 21:00   #5631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazon can't handle criticism !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
That's rich! If you don't take criticism positively , and make amends, how are you going to grow Mr Bezos?
Seems to me they are doing quite fine:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/27/amaz...ingle-day.html
Old 29th October 2017, 21:33   #5632
Senior - BHPian

Monopoly is never good for the consumer. Personally I am not happy about the recent dealings with Amazon and their canned responses. Amazon needs a strong contender in India and Flipkart is not one. Bezos does care and I have first hand experience how his office fixed a major eff up caused by amazon india on one of my orders. The quality of the rest of the team seems to be going down. When fraudsters try to trick online shopping sites like Amazon they will make changes in their policies. Customer service also depends on the targeted demography, somewhat like what Joseph de Maistre said.
Old 29th October 2017, 21:41   #5633

Quote:
I had got the exact same reply when I posted an acerbic review on their website about their pricing .
I have had a similar experience a while back.

I would just like to share my understanding of Amazon's policies with regards to reviews. This is for those who might not know the difference between how Amazon deals with product and seller reviews.

Product reviews - Only the product. Do not mention anything related to packaging, price, seller, conduct with seller or amazon. Write anything but it should be product specific, not product related or your order related.

Seller Reviews - This is used to mention everything other than the product. You can mention packing, price and conduct (if any). Delivery is Amazon's responsibility, so that does not go here.

For delivery feedback there is another link and time to time Amazon sends emails to receive feedback about their delivery, as well.

This is only to create awareness of how reviews work on Amazon. I was not aware of it at one time and that is the only reason to share it here. Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2017, 07:38   #5634
BHPian

https://coozo.in - Poor customer service

Bought car mats from Coozo. It has been 17 days, yet no delivery. It's run by Ayush, who is least bothered. I am regretting.
Old 2nd November 2017, 07:42   #5635
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon India looks to be weeding out negative reviews. One of my recent review has not yet been published, while another has.

But flipkart is a diff story. I am trying reach their customer service, but they have been busy for past one week, even @ 12.30 am - or early morning. Guess no more flipkart for me
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:02   #5636
BHPian

Quote:
Amazon India looks to be weeding out negative reviews. One of my recent review has not yet been published, while another has.

But flipkart is a diff story. I am trying reach their customer service, but they have been busy for past one week, even @ 12.30 am - or early morning. Guess no more flipkart for me
There is a "Call me back" option under Help. It gets time to navigate there though. The last 2 times I used this feature, they called me back within half hour. Check how this works out for you.
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:39   #5637
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
You can tweet them for a immediate response/resolution.

Last edited by dre@ms : 2nd November 2017 at 09:42.
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:42   #5638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
There is a "Call me back" option under Help. It gets time to navigate there though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
You can tweet them for a immediate response/resolution.
If they are going to be so elusive, my orders on their site will so be
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:00   #5639
BHPian

Quote:
That's rich! If you don't take criticism positively , and make amends, how are you going to grow Mr Bezos?

Cheers !
I have posted a tonne of negative reviews. The mistake you are making is not posting a seller review where the placeholder is for the product review.

So, in this case the review needs to be about the Book, you are perfectly fine to post a negative review about the seller separately.
Old 5th November 2017, 14:56   #5640
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone got any experience with fake delivery and fake signature?

I had ordered a pair of Bosch Symphony horns from an Amazon seller. He charged me for expedited delivery ( saw his delivery rates later on his page) but was giving a normal delivery in 10 days time. No issues as I wasn't in a hurry and waited patiently.

After 8 days, on Nov 1st, I was working from home and suddenly got SMS that my package is delivered. Later I checked with my watchman and that nobody came for any delivery. I checked Amazon and tracked the order. It was recorded as delivered to resident on Oct 31st, by FedEx.

On FedEx site, they show a fake signature (my spelling is wrong) but I can't see the actual sign. On raising an issue, the seller sent me a screenshot of the FedEx site. Not sure if this is one off incident or a new way of duping buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks