Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 18:50   #5611
Senior - BHPian

Re: No Guarantee for Amazon Guaranteed Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not a happy story. And the cow-excrement "customer support" really only rubs salt in the wound.

By the way... Plainly, if you are due for an oil change, you need your oil. What will you do now Amazon have failed to deliver?
Need to look for options in the local market now, I called a few shops but they don't have this oil (Mobil Delvac 1 5W40) in stock. The oil in the vehicle is not old, but its mineral oil and filled as a stop gap arrangement till i get my preferred oil and wish to change it before next long drive.
Old 25th October 2017, 20:22   #5612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I have opted for Singapore post since the delivery date period is much faster than the free China post.
Received my Mi Powerbank case today through Speed Post. Order placed on 7th and it reached in 18 days. Quite impressive. Now started my shopping again 😎
Old 25th October 2017, 22:08   #5613
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I just expanded my horizons and placed my first China order!

Ali-Express said that my Axis Bank debit card number was invalid. I wonder why... as far as I know it is an international card. Anyway, I used another one.
Old 25th October 2017, 22:45   #5614
BANNED

Browsing amazon India saw a great deal for Bose QC 35 going to 9600inr approx again MRP of approx 30k .Placed order and checked again .Now product is being shown at nearly 40k .Hope my order gets delivered .If I get it I will just say e-commerce are still blowing a lot of money .
Old 26th October 2017, 00:38   #5615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I just expanded my horizons and placed my first China order!

Ali-Express said that my Axis Bank debit card number was invalid. I wonder why... as far as I know it is an international card. Anyway, I used another one.
My experience with AliExpress has been good so far. Couple of things I'll share with you.

If you pay extra for tracked delivery and through Singapore mail then it will show you upto date tracking until it gets to our India Foreign office customs then a bit of delay and delivery. If delivery is through China mail then what you will get is tracking update upto receiving the package at origin of country and the nothing after that until you receive the item at your address.
Old 26th October 2017, 07:40   #5616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Browsing amazon India saw a great deal for Bose QC 35 going to 9600inr approx again MRP of approx 30k .Placed order and checked again .Now product is being shown at nearly 40k .Hope my order gets delivered .If I get it I will just say e-commerce are still blowing a lot of money .
Are you sure?! That is a staggering discount for a new fast-moving Bose product. Best of luck
Old 26th October 2017, 09:56   #5617
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Are you sure?! That is a staggering discount for a new fast-moving Bose product. Best of luck
Here is the order screen shot .
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1508991964281.jpg  

Old 26th October 2017, 13:34   #5618
Senior - BHPian

Anyone have any information on how this watch shop is? Indian Clock Company. Are they genuine? http://www.clock.co.in/ I am about to finalise a purchase from them and any reviews would be helpful.
Old 26th October 2017, 13:40   #5619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. Not a FBA order. Fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Old 26th October 2017, 14:54   #5620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
My experience with AliExpress has been good so far. Couple of things I'll share with you.

If you pay extra for tracked delivery and through Singapore mail then it will show you upto date tracking until it gets to our India Foreign office customs then a bit of delay and delivery. If delivery is through China mail then what you will get is tracking update upto receiving the package at origin of country and the nothing after that until you receive the item at your address.
Thanks. Many such things I need to learn if I become a regular buyer from China!

This was a small order. Just to try things out.

And the bad news is that a camera lens adapter I included has subsequently become cheaper on Amazon.in. That's life. Bargains? We win some, we loose some...
Old 27th October 2017, 11:40   #5621
BHPian

Not sure how many of you faced these.
These days if you write a review about a product you purchased on Amazon and it turns out to be slightly unfavorable to either Amazon or their policy or the vendors service they do not let you post the review.

You just get a canned reply as follows

Your review could not be posted.

Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.in/review-guidelines

I went through their review guidelines and I have not violated any. Yet I get this response.

In this case it was a matter where I wanted to return a mic+headphone set ( still sealed not opened) because the jacks were not compatible.
And they only have an exchange policy with the identical product, you cannot contact the vendor nor can you switch the product which has the right audio jack you need.
Old 27th October 2017, 13:43   #5622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
And they only have an exchange policy with the identical product, you cannot contact the vendor nor can you switch the product which has the right audio jack you need.
The package should have the vendor detail on the invoice or shipping return label if you think it will help speaking to him. I have had this issue of review not being published and it did bother me. Tried few times and then gave up.. You can change words a bit and convey what you want to, but I figured it wasn't worth the effort and just gave up.
Old 27th October 2017, 14:31   #5623
Senior - BHPian

Amazon service has gone to the dogs. They have been messing up the refunds also.

I have a refund confirmation mail sent to me 5 days ago for a particular item. But the orders page still reads We will issue your refund in 2 - 3 days for this item.

Refund issued for other items before and after this particular one has reached me. And all are paid using same payment method. Contacting CS is useless and its being proven over and over. Amount is small, but I will pursue this.
Old 27th October 2017, 17:34   #5624
BHPian

Today an email from Flipkart - Gift Card added to my Flipkart Wallet for Order.
Long story :
Ordered a shirt & trouser during pre Diwali sale, but during shipping they cancelled the Shirt. I did order another shirt after cancellation, from them.
5* experience overall and for cancellation a Rs 100/- gift card valid for a year, clause free.
FK + (eBay/myntra) you make my life better.

Another story, this time AliExpress.

An order which had 10 sub order from different seller. I received only two, of which one had registered shipping and another a medical part. Rest eight orders got lost during Doklam episode.
Received refund for almost all, and now will choose registered shipping only if at Ali Express.

Last edited by ritz3645 : 27th October 2017 at 17:35.
Old 27th October 2017, 18:23   #5625
BANNED

Quote:
I would suggest you to check the seller's profile. Makes sure its not a new seller with barely any ratings. This sort of a practice is rampant in Amazon.in, selling products at hard to believe prices, and then later refunding it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks