Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 14:23   #6376
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Banggood provides tariff insurance on most items these days. It says, in case any duty or customs is levied, it will be refunded. Was your parcel not covered under that? I recently bought a TPMS from Banggood and it arrived without any duties but took about a month.
Yes, Bangood refunded the amount to me after I sent them the customs receipt.
Old 25th July 2019, 14:35   #6377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Does banggood refund if the item is stuck at customs and not delivered. Aliexpress dispute management ruled against me for an order that was held by customs and never delivered to me stating it is buyer responsibility to get it released from customs. That was a first for me.
You can lodge a complaint with PGPORTAL at least you will get the product albeit after paying the demanded duty plus GST. After that armed with the reply from PGPORTAL and receipt from your postman lodge a dispute with Aliexpress. Then and only then you have chances of refund from Aliexpress. You just need to show them proof. In this case, reply from PGPORTAL will work in your favour.
Old 25th July 2019, 15:57   #6378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Does banggood refund if the item is stuck at customs and not delivered. Aliexpress dispute management ruled against me for an order that was held by customs and never delivered to me stating it is buyer responsibility to get it released from customs. That was a first for me.
Yes banggood refunds without much hassles. They once refunded me for a dashcam which never reached me. They waited for about 60 days before refund though. After about 8 months The tracking still shows " released by customs, ready for last mile delivery."
Old 30th July 2019, 01:30   #6379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Yes banggood refunds without much hassles.
Is it OK to share the PAN number with them? Also doesn't allow me to pay in USD and is providing me with a converted INR amount.
Old 1st August 2019, 11:05   #6380
BHPian

Having a terrible time with Flipkart.
Ordered mobile phone under exchange. The delivery agent kicks up an issue with the exchange phone having a small dent.

He demands cash for the exchange value but no receipt.
When I insist for card payment, he could not get the POS working.

He leaves saying he will come again and never turn up.
Worst thing he updates the status of product delivered.

I keep raising complaints with Flipkart about NON delivery, but they say according to status it is delivered.
May be the delivery agent pocketed the phone by paying the exchange money, I don't know.

After 7 days, Flipkart agrees the product was indeed not delivered, but has taken another 7 days but not resolved the issue.
They keep asking for 1 or 2 days time extension and I am tired.

Has anyone had this kind of experience or has anyone in the industry know what is happening that Flipkart is purposely delaying the resolution.
Any response would be helpful
Old 4th August 2019, 11:33   #6381
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Flipkart Amazon are rejecting mobile phones very frequently now. They expect the phone to be unused and kept safe, looks like.

But marking the product delivered without actually delivering is news I am hearing for the first time.
Old 5th August 2019, 09:04   #6382
Distinguished - BHPian

7 of my orders off Aliexpress are stuck in 'KOLKATA AIR FOREIGN RLO BUILDING' since 2 weeks.

All of them are under 10$ and small items. I do not know if it is a deliberate thing or are they confiscating the items from china?
Old 5th August 2019, 09:58   #6383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
7 of my orders off Aliexpress are stuck in 'KOLKATA AIR FOREIGN RLO BUILDING' since 2 weeks.

All of them are under 10$ and small items. I do not know if it is a deliberate thing or are they confiscating the items from china?
Don't worry, there's a constant backlog. If they are registered post items, they will be delivered. The most they may do is charge duty. But if it's not banned item like guns or scope or drones, they shall not be confiscated.
The real people you should be afraid of is India post!
Old 5th August 2019, 10:10   #6384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Don't worry, there's a constant backlog. If they are registered post items, they will be delivered. The most they may do is charge duty. But if it's not banned item like guns or scope or drones, they shall not be confiscated.
The real people you should be afraid of is India post!
Thanks for the assurance. I hope i am not charged duty for Sub 10$ items. Fingers crossed.

The last mile post man has become a very good friend of mine. So no issues with India Post.
Old 5th August 2019, 21:38   #6385
Distinguished - BHPian

The last mile guy (and even the last Post Office) generally has nothing to do with Customs being levied on a particular import parcel. The levy is calculated and levied at the India Post Customs cell/office and nowadays via foolproof computerized means. The last mile guy carries the computer-generated slip and is supposed to collect the duty in cash before handing over the parcel.

My local guy forgot to collect the duty in his first such delivery (~14 months back) and called me in panic at 2200, and rode 6 km to collect it at 2300 :-)
Old 5th August 2019, 22:00   #6386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I hadn't ordered from AE since the last 3 months. I saw this article after an item from a recent order was shipped. I have no hopes of getting that item now :|
I still wonder if it is legal to retain an item citing a law that doesn't exist.

As expected, the customs babus have held on to the parcel for 3 weeks now. No hopes of getting it anymore.
Old 6th August 2019, 16:35   #6387
Senior - BHPian

Since last few months or maybe more, there no longer seems to be free shipping on even small items on AliExpress. What's up with that ? Are all of the items sent by courier now ?
Old 6th August 2019, 18:11   #6388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Since last few months or maybe more, there no longer seems to be free shipping on even small items on AliExpress. What's up with that ? Are all of the items sent by courier now ?
I guess it might be due to unreliability and corruption of India Post/Customs that sellers are no longer providing free or cheaper shipping options to India. In last 6 months, I had purchased 5 items with free shipping (untracked) and 3 items with tracked free shipping. All 5 untracked items disappeared as soon as it landed in India while the items with tracking numbers were duly delivered. Aliexpress did refund me for those missing items.
Old 6th August 2019, 18:18   #6389
BHPian

I have been shopping from AliExpress since so many years and never had any missing delivery so far. That was, till my last couple of shipments. Raised the dispute and got the refund for those 2 items. I will not order anything till this ‘customs’ thing is clarified.
Old 6th August 2019, 20:04   #6390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Its present for me. In fact, over the last few months I have realised that the cheap/free China post small packet plus has a better turnaround time compared to the costlier China post registered airmail. The former bypasses customs since its unregistered and they believe its of less value. It reaches me between 10-15 days while registered airmail takes around a month.

Most Viewed