Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: What screen size do you prefer for your phone?
5 inches or below 54 17.70%
5 to 6 inches 167 54.75%
6 to 7 inches 76 24.92%
Bigger the better - 7 inches or above 8 2.62%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2020, 12:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Smartphones: Your preferred screen size

I would pick 5 to 6 inches. Anything bigger than that just messes up the portability factor of a smart phone for me.
Old 12th December 2020, 20:51   #77
BHPian

Re: Smartphones: Your preferred screen size

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
It is not purely screen size. It is actually the width of the phone that we should be looking at.
Completely agree with this!

Unless you have large hands, using 6.5+ inch phones one-handedly is very difficult and cumbersome..

I currently use a Samsung S8 with a screen size of 5.8 inches, and the smaller width makes it super comfortable to use. My previous phone was the Nexus 5 (manufactured by LG), which was a dream to use! The small dimensions with super light weight made it a very user-friendly device.

The weight balance of the phone also is important. I had a tough time with my friend's OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro since the phone seemed to be top-heavy. Increased chance of dropping the phone necessitates having a ring holder on the phone case.

I hate it when the OEMs dumb down the flagship phones to launch in lower sizes with 'Lite' tag. With the iPhone 12 Mini coming out, I hope other OEMs also launch flagship phones in smaller sizes, the way they launch XL versions.

Most Viewed