Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-105.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2125401)
i see the top loaders are harsh on cloths?

Err...I don't think so. We've been using ONLY top loaders since 97 & most of my shirts last long for more than 10 years. So I don't think the top loader are harsh on clothes

Quote:

So if i consider on a front loader should i pick Samsung, whirlpool, IFB?

I agree with sgittk sir here; when we short listed, LG was the only brand we opted for due to direct drive technology. Like I said before, I don't have much say on their service, but from BSD's experience, the product itself had some complaints, but LG was good enough to accept their mistake & take it back without any hassles.

Quote:

I was very close on Samsung but it seems like i better stay away?

Yes please stay away as LG has a better technology now

Does anyone have any experience with Morphy Richards ?

I am thinking about this : Morphy Richards India - Microwave Ovens - MWO 20G

I guess there is no consensus on the forum on reliable home appliances brands. Seems all brands have mixed reviews..

^^^Most likely it is sourced from China, from assorted companies, just like Onida, etc.

Does not necessarily mean its a bad buy, but personally I'd rather go with Samsung or LG or Panasonic (Panasonic will cost more).

As for other Morphy Richards other products, I have found them to be quite unimpressive. Not surprising since I heard they source stuff from Bajaj Electricals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 2125515)
As for other Morphy Richards other products, I have found them to be quite unimpressive. Not surprising since I heard they source stuff from Bajaj Electricals.

Also, though Morphy Richards service is prompt, I found that their parts are quite expensive - I found this with regard to my Morphy Richards Coffee Maker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 2125515)
Does not necessarily mean its a bad buy, but personally I'd rather go with Samsung or LG or Panasonic (Panasonic will cost more).

does Panasonic have better service and products ?

Panasonic is a synonym for Microwaves.

@Lohith, that statement about T/L's being harsher on clothes is a little misleading. It depends on the kind of agitation action that the particular W/M has.

Eg: our BPL T/L has a very gentle action.

Btw, Croma's prices for F/L:
Whirpool Sports - 7 kg : 26540
Samsung 8652ANHS -6.5kg : 29090
LG 1256NDP 6kg : 30390

current promotion item or 1.5k cash discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2125547)
Panasonic is a synonym for Microwaves.

Oh ok..

I guess this is one that would fit my requirement.

eBay India: Panasonic - Grill Microwave Oven NN-G335WF (item 120638646172 end time 24-Nov-2010 14:02:58 IST)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 2125541)
does Panasonic have better service and products ?

Would not be able to comment on that - no personal experience with Panasonic products. But then it is a Japanese brand, so inspires confidence. But is it worth the extra cost? Can't say unless there are reliable user reviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 2125566)

I would like to see the product before I put my money down. In Delhi the obvious choices to buy from would be the Panasonic brand shops They are dime for a dozen in Delhi and that ensures very competitive pricing plus 100% genuine product. You now also have Vijay sales and of course there is Next. However the latest models are available at the brand shops.

Remember the largest selling brand is also the one that is copied the most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2125737)
I would like to see the product before I put my money down. In Delhi the obvious choices to buy from would be the Panasonic brand shops They are dime for a dozen in Delhi and that ensures very competitive pricing plus 100% genuine product. You now also have Vijay sales and of course there is Next. However the latest models are available at the brand shops.

Remember the largest selling brand is also the one that is copied the most.

I am not planning to buy online. The owen would be bought from a reagular shop only.

I shared the link to give an estimation of product, prices and features.

Oh my bad, I thought otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 2125770)
I am not planning to buy online. The owen would be bought from a reagular shop only.

I shared the link to give an estimation of product, prices and features.

IMO its not a terrible idea to buy online, esp. if from a site like eBay and know what you are doing. If you getting any offer or discount, then its an even more lucrative proposition. However, shipping cost for such items may negate any benifits. It all depends on the net price you getting it for.

After months of pestering my wife to buy a Food Processor, she took the plunge when our mixie gave up. Bought the Morphy Richards FP500 for 6K from Pai, the past weekend and we can see its impact on the kitchen already. :D

Tried atta kneading yesterday (for roti) and it was done quickly, easily and very smoothly. My wife commented that the dough seems on-par with hand-made ones. This FP can do almost everything, except for Dry Grinding, and comes with a 2yr replacement warranty for parts (including accessories) and 5yr replacement warranty for the motor. Though Bajaj takes care of the A.S.S, the replacement warranty offer attracted us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 2127120)
This FP can do almost everything, except for

..actually being able to taste, eat & digest food the way our natural FPs can lol:

sorry but it was just too much effort to resist posting that:D