Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 18:15   #31
BHPian

Re: USA blacklists Xiaomi, will India follow suit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
No India should not follow suit, Xiaomi as per a Jan 2020 article employs around 50 thousand people in India, where will these people go? Find these people equal jobs in similar companies with similar pay-scale in the same city that their current job is first.

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-...4-7910881.html

Secondly what happens to the phone's, bands, Tv's and what not people have brought from Xiaomi, their service, repair etc? Will be criminal waste of people's money.

This false nationalism should stop pronto. Banning Tik Tok alone, 2000 people lost jobs in India, what happened to them? In between Corona, GOI destroyed the lives of 2000 families.
Today its 50k, tomorrow it will be 100k and the competition will leave town. Then it won't be a matter of choice whether you want to buy their products or put up with their privacy policies.

Quote:
On the other hand, "Chinese firm given contract worth Rs 1,126 crore for Delhi-Meerut rail tunnel even as LAC standoff continues" News Article date, 4th Jan 2020

Link--> https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/...doff-continues
From this very article
Quote:
The 82-km-long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is being funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and procurement is governed by the guidelines of the bank and the government.

According to the ADB’s procurement guidelines, vendors from all member countries of the bank are eligible to participate in the bidding process without any discrimination.
The loans from ADB comes with terms and conditions, its merely a fulfilment of those however wherever our own money was at play, the terms and conditions of tenders were modified to suit local players.
See this China link: Tender for 44 Vande Bharat trains cancelled

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th January 2021 at 15:54. Reason: No personal comments please. Thanks!
ashish.uno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post

Not this...

Come on mate, you cant ignore the irregularities and the cunning state policies that the Chinese carry on just in the name of providing jobs to a certain number of people.

If that was true, then should we in the name of jobs increase our dependence on fossil fuels because it creates more jobs. Isn't that how Trump got rid of the Paris Accord? Years and years worth of work and bringing together 100 countries to come to a common conclusion was a task in itself which was thrown away to create a few 10 thousand jobs?

Or should we let our rivers get more polluted so that its easier for industries to survive, so that the job is easier.

When Whirlpool and other fridge manufactures were entering India in the 90s there was a hue and cry about the Indian manufacturers loosing business and hence they should not be allowed. But all we had was better quality fridges and Indian businesses doing better products because of them. Similarly, Xiomi phones will be replaced by cheaper Samsung phone range, and the jobs will be transferred to those companies which cover the difference.

Should we ban Uber because, they take a huge cut for the convenience that they provide us, and doesn't allow the Taxi driver cannot be a bully anymore? Which the Taxi driver thinks is his birthright.

With this ban the message will be clear to China, stop playing around with Indian consumers and be forthright with your policies. Don't muck about.

All the countries that have been cheated by the Chinese govt and have their land taken away, just for the purpose of creating a military port is not fair.

The privacy of 100s of millions of Indians is more important the 50K jobs, Tik Tok influencers and giving an upper hand to the Chinese govt who doesn't like to play fair, don't you think ?
Tomorrow a road needs to be made which needs your house demolished, its for national interest but you will not be paid a pie for it, just leave as is and find your new house on your own somewhere else, does that work for you? I have so many friends who have lost their jobs during Covid times from April, May and they are still without jobs, I know how their life is going.

National interest and all those jargons sound very cool when you are not at the other end of the barrel where the bullet will be fired to.

People will watch the news, say Jai Hind 100 times but what about the earning members of the families who have lost their jobs?

My past company was owned by chinese, there were 700 of us working, most of us were the only earning members in our family, if I was still working there in a time when joblessness is at its 45 year high and corona going on and desh premi's made sure that I lost my job where should the 700 of us go? Children fees, ration at home, installments, how will all that be managed?

Ban whatever you want, find people the jobs they will lose in cities they will lose the jobs in at equal pay packets they earned otherwise the house example I asked you above, should work for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.uno View Post
Today its 50k, tomorrow it will be 100k and the competition will leave town. Then it won't be a matter of choice whether you want to buy their products or put up with their privacy policies.
So, cull the 50 thousand today, big deal eh? They are Indians you are talking about, not Chinese people here.

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th January 2021 at 15:55. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks!
humyum is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 08:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tomorrow a road needs to be made which needs your house demolished, its for national interest but you will not be paid a pie for it, just leave as is and find your new house on your own somewhere else.
I fear, this maybe a wrong example in this scenario.

You have to be compensated by at least 3X of the current government fixed value of the land. The value over which you avail loan / mortgage for some purpose.

I do get the point, but, this example in this scenario IMO, is not valid .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 12:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.uno View Post
T
The loans from ADB comes with terms and conditions, its merely a fulfilment of those however wherever our own money was at play, the terms and conditions of tenders were modified to suit local players.
See this China link: Tender for 44 Vande Bharat trains cancelled
So China or any other country can play by their own rules - invade our territory, brutalise our soldiers - but we have to abide by the rules laid down by some random financier? Sure thing.

Quote:
People will watch the news, say Jai Hind 100 times but what about the earning members of the families who have lost their jobs?

My past company was owned by chinese, there were 700 of us working, most of us were the only earning members in our family, if I was still working there in a time when joblessness is at its 45 year high and corona going on and desh premi's made sure that I lost my job where should the 700 of us go? Children fees, ration at home, installments, how will all that be managed?
No one has an answer to this direct question, which ends keyboard wars.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/in...k-6163451.html
v1p3r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 13:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ban or no ban, I will avoid buying a Chinese brand product as much as I can - no matter if it causes me some inconvenience due to missing out on specs/features or lower price or whatever. It's a sacrifice that I am willing to make.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 20:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

One of the key aspects to being Atmanirbhar is Research and Development, developing a robust Industry Academia ecosystem that doesn’t just create startup’s but encourages enterprises of various scales to use it to their advantage, thereby creating true technology giants . At the moment, we are still content being a factory for India and the world. Our education system has long encouraged clerical capability rather than critical thinking, challenging beliefs, being bold and creative on thought. Sadly the political fabric is being woven aroundi reigning in, rather than letting people be.
So ,in a nutshell, not happening in our generation.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 17:26   #37
AZT
BHPian

U.S. removes Xiaomi from blacklist, reversing late China jab by Trump
Quote:
The filing stated that the two parties would agree to resolve their ongoing litigation without further contest, bringing to an end a brief and controversial spat between the hardware company and Washington that had further soured Sino-U.S. ties.
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ng-2021-05-12/
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 10:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow a road needs to be made which needs your house demolished, its for national interest but you will not be paid a pie for it, .......
So, cull the 50 thousand today, big deal eh? They are Indians you are talking about, not Chinese people here.
Try looking back at Huawei and Leeco operations in India. I do not think they ever gave a consideration to the employees. At least our lives are not at stake. This weakness of ours may cost much.

Imagine what happens if the soldiers think the same way.
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:35   #39
BHPian

Xiaomi caught making illegal remittances to other entities in the name of royalty
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/02/tech/...ntl/index.html

For China everything is fair when they have weaponized global economics.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks