Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 13:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just thought i'd like to mention that my prob has been solved. Using an HDMI cable to connect our PC to our LCD TV. HD vids look awesome, but whats better is that regular avi video quality has also improved with the HDMI cable (when compared to using composite cables).

Shan2nu
Old 1st March 2010, 14:38   #17
BHPian

Got a question on TV Tuner, so bumping up the old thread rather than using the Windows 7 thread.

I recently purchased Pixelview PlayTV USB415, hoping to use it with my laptops which uses Windows 7 Ulitmate. The Windows on my Inspiron 6400 laptop has a 32 bit OS, and I manged to coneect it without too much of a problem.

I am now trying to use it on a 64 bit Version which has a 15.6 full HD WLED laptop and is failing. Has anyone tried using this with 64 bit OS.

Also any suggestions for a Good USB tv tuner available in India. Also any good online shop for such purchases which is really safe?

Thanks and regards
Raghu
Old 1st March 2010, 15:22   #18
BHPian

I checked the prolink site for Windows 7 64 bit driver for your tuner here . Unfortunately there is none.

More-so-often this is a problem with Windows 7 64 bit. The manufacturers do not provide 64 bit drivers for some of the older hardware. I really do not know the reasons.

In my case, when I installed Windows 7 64 bit, it could not find 64 bit drivers for my old Yuan PG-600 (Conexant Falcon -2 ) TV tuner card while during the evaluation phase using the 32bit version, it automatically found the 32 bit driver and installed it. A manual search for 64 bit driver yielded no results.

Finally I gave up on 64 bit and currently using Windows 7 32 bit for my media center PC. Life is like that.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
I checked the Prolink site for Windows 7 64 bit driver for your tuner here . Unfortunately there is none.
I got the 32 bit version running, but not sure why it should not run on a 64 bit os, since it should allow 32 bit programs to run
Old 1st March 2010, 22:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

normally go for a branded ones. Aver media makes some good tuners.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:03   #21
BHPian

All branded TV tuner cards are not Windows 7 compatible. Microsoft publishes a list of Windows 7 compatible and certified TV tuner cards for both 32 bit and 64 bit. It is always better to check this list before buying a TV tuner card.

The Yuan PG 600 TV tuner card I had purchased for my Windows XP, was at that time a Microsoft certified TV tuner card that came with a Microsoft Remote for Media Center. Today it does not have a 64 bit driver for Windows 7.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 1st March 2010 at 23:18.
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
normally go for a branded ones. Aver media makes some good tuners.
Thanks, Any good online shop where I could source this, last time when in Chennai, I wanted to buy the Aver media card, but finally came back with Pixel view. Do we get the Hauppauge or the ATI brands in India which could be used here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
All branded TV tuner cards are not Windows 7 compatible. Microsoft publishes a list of Windows 7 compatible and certified TV tuner cards for both 32 bit and 64 bit. It is always better to check this list before buying a TV tuner card.

The Yuan PG 600 TV tuner card I had purchased for my Windows XP, was at that time a Microsoft certified TV tuner card that came with a Microsoft Remote for Media Center. Today it does not have a 64 bit driver for Windows 7.
Thanks did check that, but need to find shops that stock these in Chennai or Hyd.
Old 10th April 2011, 14:55   #23
BHPian

Re: Which TV tuner card?

I want to buy an external tv tuner card, mainly for tv recording. Budget 2-2.5K.

Can any friend give some suggestions pl.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks