Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 23:45   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I picked up the Bryston Pre from the USED market.
I picked up the Denon from the USED market.
I picked up the Pulz from the USED market.-- Torqy
Bryston and Denon I can understand but Pulz?
Old 21st October 2007, 11:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I had never heard of Pulz then. When i went to buy the power amp, i got to compare the Pulz with other imported brands. He had a massive setup with Kenwood separates. He connected the Pulz to the setup and it was amazing. I really liked its balanced sound. I'm somebody who doesn't like Bass / Treble controls. I like music the way it was recorded / mixed.

Pulz RS250 Power Amp is a Dual Mono configuration with separate toroidal power supplies for each channel (a true dual mono) with nothing but a power button and 2 volume controls. I really like it.

-- Torqy
Old 21st October 2007, 11:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Consonace is made by Ella.
Is the Opera - Consonance series made in China same / similar or is Ella a totally different product ?
Old 21st October 2007, 22:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I remember an audiophile friend in the 80's-90's had a Pulz amplifier, his set-up had a Nakamichi cassette, and Klipsch speakers. I understood it to be seriously good as an amp, and made in India if I remember rightly.
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I remember an audiophile friend in the 80's-90's had a Pulz amplifier, his set-up had a Nakamichi cassette, and Klipsch speakers. I understood it to be seriously good as an amp, and made in India if I remember rightly.
You're right. PULZ is a seriously audiophile quality no-nonsense amp. It's even used in recording studios. It's made by R&S Electronics in Mumbai, India. Unlike most other indian made ampz, it's 19 inch rack size and looks beautiful.

R & S Electronics

I'm not sure they still manufacture the RS250 though.

-- Torqy
Old 7th November 2007, 11:37   #36
BHPian

how much does the pulz amp cost the rs-600?
I can buy Wharfedale bookshelf speakers, good combo ?
Old 7th November 2007, 13:42   #37
BHPian

TOdays TOI carries an advert where a Onkyo 6.1 HT system is being offered at a good discount. You can check it out.

ELito
Old 10th November 2007, 11:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
how much does the pulz amp cost the rs-600?
I can buy Wharfedale bookshelf speakers, good combo ?
Don't think Pulz amps for home use are made any more. I have Wharfedale Pro 2180 2-way bs speakers. Very good sound.
However I have just bought, for my den, the Yamaha RX397 stereo receiver with Yamaha NS8900 floorstanding speakers. Outstanding sound.

BTW what is a good placement for floorstanders? Mine are in the corners, about 6in from the back and sides, and I find the boom at times is too much.
Old 15th November 2007, 14:48   #39
BHPian

PULZ still makes amps for home stereo. I bought one some time ago for about 9k. Its paired with wharfedale diomand 9.1 bookshelfs and it sounds good.
Old 15th November 2007, 16:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmano View Post
PULZ still makes amps for home stereo. I bought one some time ago for about 9k. Its paired with wharfedale diomand 9.1 bookshelfs and it sounds good.
When did you buy it?
From where?
Which model did you buy? RS250?

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 15th November 2007 at 16:06. Reason: added
Old 15th November 2007, 17:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
BTW what is a good placement for floorstanders? Mine are in the corners, about 6in from the back and sides, and I find the boom at times is too much.
I think you should move the speakers further into the room if space permits. I myself have medium-sized bookshelf speakers in a 13'X24' room, kept about 2.5-3 feet away from side and rear walls. I guess the best thing would be trial and error - to keep moving the speakers away from the walls till boominess is reduced/eliminated.

Based on what I've read and in part, experienced, placing speakers closer to the corners/rear wall reinforces bass and leads to boominess, more so with floorstanders.

How big is your listening room? I once heard a a pair of 2-way Cadence floorstanders in a 14' X 18' room, placed 3 feet from the sides and 1.5 feet from the rear, and they were still boomy at moderate to loud levels.

Here is an online guide (may not always be practical to implement though ) to speaker placement on the Cardas Audio website:

Cardas Audio
Old 15th November 2007, 19:15   #42
BHPian

Does anybody know how much Cambridge Audio - Azur 540A (Version 2) Amplifier cost ? is Cambridge really good amplifiers, pls suggest, thanx.
Old 16th November 2007, 08:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Don't think Pulz amps for home use are made any more. I have Wharfedale Pro 2180 2-way bs speakers. Very good sound.
However I have just bought, for my den, the Yamaha RX397 stereo receiver with Yamaha NS8900 floorstanding speakers. Outstanding sound.

How much did you spend on the Yam receiver? Its a entry level reciever right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmano View Post
Could you tell us how much you spent?
Old 16th November 2007, 14:30   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
How much did you spend on the Yam receiver? Its a entry level reciever right?
The Yamaha is a stereo receiver, not HT. I think it's the only stereo receiver in the Yamaha catalogue. Receiver alone was 16k, and the speakers 18k but I got a combined price of 30 k with warranty
Old 16th November 2007, 16:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The Yamaha is a stereo receiver, not HT. I think it's the only stereo receiver in the Yamaha catalogue. Receiver alone was 16k, and the speakers 18k but I got a combined price of 30 k with warranty
16k is great! Does it have A/B, A+B speaker switching?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks