Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 16:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

I notice that you have posted the same thing twice. I don't think that will go down well with the mods. Please avoid that. Sometimes, it takes a while for someone to reply.

Also I dont think you should be typing things like what I have highlighted in bold in your following quoted text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01
@B&T, did u learn djing on your own with the help of some softwares or were u trained under somebody?And I think that I should directly learn through hardwares rather than wasting time on softwares but still could you tell me about that software "Mixvibes Pro 4".As in is it really helpful in learning the basics,I mean would it be easy on learning on hardware's if I know something about the software thingy or does learning through software's really doesnt matters?And also pleeeeaaaassssseeeeee could you tell me the price of a cd turntable for beginner's for both denon and pioneer.
I learnt the basics entirely on my own. Trust me, on the PC I got good enough that I hit the decks straight in a club. No kidding.

Mixvibes Pro 4 is exactly like the hardware players. I would recommend it for learning the basics. For example, right now do you even know where to cue a song, how to match bpms, and how to mix it in right? I suppose not. Once you get a hang of these things and others like which songs go with the other etc, you'd be all set to work a real world mixing setup. A hardware controller for the software will be a more hands-on experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01
And I would also like to know that can I attach my pc speakers with a turntable(I have the Creative 5.1's).
You will need a phono preamp stage for that. Unless that's built into the player. Or unless by turntable you still mean a cd player. Please use the term turntable only for record players. This is confusing. Call the CDJs a cd player and 95% of us will understand.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 1st November 2007 at 16:49.
Old 1st November 2007, 21:51   #32
BHPian

@B&T, first of all im sorry for posting the same thing twice..it was a mistake I did not do it intentionally.And yeah by turntable I mean the cdj's and please could you tell me whether it could be attached with my speakers or do I have to buy new speakers for it,also do the headphones with dj's use come free with the cdj's or do I have to buy them seperately.

And please tell me the price of the cdj's for beginners only then I can take any further step.
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:22   #33
BHPian

i think the cdj-200 costs bout 16k and the CMX 3000 costs 36k... and if you really want to learn well buy the denon 4000/4500. no bpm counter , just the basic stuff you get in it. you will have to to depends on your ears to beat match....
@ navin: cartridge's are easy to get here now. not like olden days....
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
@B&T, first of all im sorry for posting the same thing twice..it was a mistake I did not do it intentionally.And yeah by turntable I mean the cdj's and please could you tell me whether it could be attached with my speakers or do I have to buy new speakers for it,also do the headphones with dj's use come free with the cdj's or do I have to buy them seperately.

And please tell me the price of the cdj's for beginners only then I can take any further step.
Yeah, the cd players can be attached to multimedia speakers through any mixer.

Headphones have to be bought seperately.
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:20   #35
BHPian

Okay..so if I go for a cdj-200 then does it come as a single piece or are there 2 pieces which the dj's have when they are playing.Please tell me is it 16k for one piece or for two and also I wanna get a mixer along with it..so please tell me which mixer I should go for along with the prices.
Old 21st June 2008, 12:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I have been using virtual dj from the past years (and without sounding too pompous i might add that i am pretty good at it) and now i think it is high time things have got real. cheers:

I need help on what equipment i have to buy other than speakers and an amp and a mixer just to start off. more equipment can be bought as and when needed. I was looking at a budget under 50-60k for all the things i need.

Also how easy is the transition from virtual to reality ?
I guess the most difficult part will be the beat matching.

I would really really appreciate all help on prices of equipment and the place to procure it from.

Also i would want the mixer to be able to play files from my laptop/desktop. I have used a technics mixer for a short while before and all the controls felt really smooth.

I recently visite the jbl store and have been qouted prices for an amp (crown), 2 12 inch jrx speakers and some unknown (to me) brand mixer and it was about 70k; will update with the exact prices in an hour or so.

Looking forward for all your advice

Thanks.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Are you in HYD or the US ?

What genre do you mostly play ?

If in the states you can get some pretty good deals on used equipment or even eBay.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Are you in HYD or the US ?

What genre do you mostly play ?

If in the states you can get some pretty good deals on used equipment or even eBay.

i am in hyderabad now and will purchase the equipment from here itself. I play electronic music most house.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:32   #39
BHPian

great solution!

hey try this! Behringer BCD3000 bundled with the traktor 3LE (limited edition) software. I am currently using my friends console and believe me, it gives you vinyl like control, the software is awesome and the midi rules can be mapped according to the way one wants it(this requires some software dev knowledge or else exisiting maps of other users can be downloaded) I listen to a lot of pystrance. the controls are realistic and easy to learn. this console can be hooked to many other softwares too.

look for behringer bcd3000 on google search.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

How much does it cost ? And where can i get it from ?
Old 20th February 2009, 16:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Rubber mat for turntable

I bought a Denon turntable for a friend of mine, and sent the packed unit to his place.

Unfortunately, he didn't open it for 3 months since he was out on a vacation, and returned to learn that the thing has been shipped without a rubber mat.

Pro FX insists that it indeed was, and either me or the client have lost it. On calling them for a spare one, they just say that we will find out and call back to let us know if they can organize or not, and no one ever calls back.

Can anyone help with this? Even a used rubber mat is fine. The turntable is lying unusable for over a year now because of this. Turntable model -> Denon Canada | DP-29F
Old 20th February 2009, 18:46   #42
BHPian

Ebay:

NEW Anti Static LP Turntable Record Player Slip Mat - eBay (item 400032275260 end time Feb-24-09 05:57:12 PST)

I got one and works well.

Or you can DIY one from a 2mm felt sheet.

Last edited by mura : 20th February 2009 at 18:48.
Old 20th February 2009, 19:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Better furniture stores sell slip mats for their cushions. Some careful carving with a razor blade will get it done for you. You could carve one from an old inner tube. Felt is probably easier to work with, though. Turn it over to a seamstress.
Old 21st February 2009, 15:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

I dont have ANY experience with turntables.

However, aren't slip mats different from the basic rubber mat? Slip mats are used by DJs so that they can scratch. This wont happen if the record is sitting on the rubber mat. Slip mats are made of felt. I dont want that.

Will cutting a piece of rubber in a round shape work? Any idea how thick it has to be?
Old 21st February 2009, 16:14   #45
BHPian

Won't make ANY difference in that Turntable....

Any reason you don't want it in felt?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks